19-TeBucky Jones, NO
    20-Reggie Tongue, Sea
    21-Dexter Jackson, Az
    22-Adam Archuleta, SL
    23-Keion Carpenter, Atl
    24-Zach Bronson, SF
    25-Kenoy Kennedy, Den
    26-Ed Reed, Balt

Ed Reed 26, no way, he should be higher.

Reach for the stars

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Keion Carpenter? :snicker2:
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I know i will sound bias and all that, but i don't care what anyone says, Cory Wire is as good or better then half of those guys, esspially Carpenter, Kennedy, Harrison, Parrish..... pleaaaaaaaaaase. I don't care what these rankings say, we'll see what Wire does this season in the playoffs while all those losers are watching on tv.

Sports Weekly is officially a joke newspaper/magazine or whatever it is. I'v never even heard of it. It must be like a Miami based magazine or something.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    You finheads can have all the stats you want, top CBs, top safeties, 3rd ranked D, etc. But when it all comes down to it, you still didn't make the playoffs and we still swept you last season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
    You finheads can have all the stats you want, top CBs, top safeties, 3rd ranked D, etc. But when it all comes down to it, you still didn't make the playoffs and we still swept you last season.
    This has nothing to do with with us having stats, just sharing info from different sources, notice I commented on ed and his status on this list., This list is not my personal opinion and I disagree with some of the rankings...but then again I don't watch every game and every team to determine, what a true list should look like, I only go on what I see, like most of you,..but this list was prepared by a outside source other than the bills fans and Phins fans..so I thought it, a lot lets bias..if you don't agree with it, fine, that's why it's posted here, for debate. But I'm not bashing the bills and don't think you should blast phinfans because of some publications choices.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Jan Reimers
    Keion Carpenter? :snicker2:
    Keion is doing pretty well in Atlanta...no big surprise...he was good here as well, IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Keion was part of the old regime. He was also probably not the best safety for the kind of defence Williams wanted to run, not that PP proved to be any better. He is a pretty solid guy in the Wade Phillips scheme. I agree that Wire has the potential to climb the list, maybe pretty quickly, but as far as the sporting world is concerned he's not a proven commodity yet.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I agree TJ about Wire. He has a lot to prove, but hopeful signs are that he keeps himself in good shape regardless and has a full year of NFL-style conditioning under his belt (i.e. to avoid hitting "the wall"), and he spent the off-season going over gamefilm with Steve Jackson, the Bills' safeties coach. Both of those things will only help him get better faster.

As for Keion, his neck is a concern and may end his career. It's too bad because I liked him.

Last edited by Doc; 06-25-2003 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Hey, I'm no Tuna or 'Boys fan at all, but to even think there are 10 safeties in the NFL better than Roy Williams? No way! Even after only a season in the league, I think he and Ed Reed have shown they are among the best.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    As my avatar states "Coy Wire Rocks!!" The list will need updating very soon.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Sammy Knight at number 8? Funny how the 8th best S in the NFL can sit on the FA open market for over 2 months and nobody gave him a look. You would think a guy that good would have been scooped up right away.
    Resign our own guys!

Drew and Sam stole all my hair WG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Doc, Yeah, I liked Keion too.

Wire will be fine w/ some experience. Heck, he's young and still played reasonably well on a team w/ no front 7!

MDFINFAN,

Funny, b/c even amid those rankings, your secondary, which I admit is amongst the best in the league, at least for now, couldn't manage even 1 INT v. us in two games! Interesting, eh. I'll just put that up for debate. B/c while Drew pitched 15 INTs v. the 7 other toughest teams we played, many w/ Ds/secondaries not nearly as good as yours, in two games the Fin 2ndary couldn't manage even one!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Wys, i'm sorry, but everytime I read, "Against the toughest teams" in your posts, I go nuts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Well, here's the breakdown 76:

Teams lost to in which Drew tossed 15 INTs:

G.B.: 12-4
    Oakland: 11-5
    Pats (twice): 9-7
    Jets (twice): 9-7
    K.C.: 8-8

Teams we beat and against which Drew didn't have any INTs:

Cincy: 2-14
    Detroit: 3-13
    Chicago: 4-12
    Houston: 4-12
    Minnesota: 6-10
    S.D.: 8-8
    Miami (twice): 9-7

So other than Miami, how would you categorize that breakdown?? Just curious!

B/c call me silly, but it doesn't really seem as if we beat any teams of any consequence other than Miami, and both of those games were largely on the strengths of D and Henry's rushing. Drew did relatively nothing in the first game, and had only a handful of big pass plays in the second.

Just callin' it the way it is brother! :)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Ok wys. good job.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Truth

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Drew did relatively nothing in the first game, and had only a handful of big pass plays in the second.

[/B]
    I'll take those handful of big pass plays. Especially when they're for TDs, ala, Moulds & Price.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I won't risk the entire season, just as we did last year, on hopes that we'll get big plays all year long! That's not the way to win games witness the K.C., Oakland, Jets, G.B., and both N.E. games, almost the S.D. game and the negative big plays that went against us while Drew was trying to make more big plays.

You live by the big play, you die by the big play.

Games won due to big plays by our passing O: 1

Games lost due to negative big plays by our passing O: 6

You could up that games won to 3 if you include the Minnesota (6-10) and Chicago (4-12) games both won in O/T. But the "big plays" were in O/T, they didn't get us there!

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
    I'll take those handful of big pass plays. Especially when they're for TDs, ala, Moulds & Price.
    So I won't take those "handful of big pass plays" since more of them seem to go against us than for us. It's easy to only reflect on all the good things, good plays, and other things that went right and looked spectacular last season, but we have to look at the big picture and the whole deal in order to assess the worth and value of living and dying by the 'big play'.

The net result is negative by a long shot.

Just remember, you don't get anywhere in this league by being able to beat teams .500 and worse. You have to be able to beat all the teams that we didn't beat last year. As well, we're not gonna have the luck (more than likely) with the Fins starting QB and two starting WRs out due to injury this season. We'll have to beat them at full strength more than likely.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    P.S. You also don't get anywhere in this league by big plays courtesy of the passing O.

Strong rushing which complements D infinitely more than good passing does, coupled w/ solid D is what will get us there and is what has gotten teams there in the past!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    All I meant is that if we can get a handful of big plays each game, that would be great. I didn't say anything about only going for the big play. Of course the running game must be established, but a handful of big plays, offensively and defensive, can make the difference in a game. Isn't that why people are excited about the potential of Willis M. and Spikes? They can make the big play, like bust a 80 yd run or force a key turnover.