• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Buffalo News: Buffalo's now a hockey town

Originally posted by k-oneputt
    There has never been anything like the late 80's to mid 90's in Buffalo for sports.
    A wonderful time for Bills fans to be sure, but the period between 1970 and 1985 was a great time to be a hockey fan as well.

The Knoxes were in it to win it...and gave us some of the most thrilling sports memories in the history of the city.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian
      A wonderful time for Bills fans to be sure, but the period between 1970 and 1985 was a great time to be a hockey fan as well.

The Knoxes were in it to win it...and gave us some of the most thrilling sports memories in the history of the city.
      the Knoxes were great guys.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Historian

1st row of Blues, right on one of the blue lines from 1978-83. The best.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bmax
          • Aug 2003

Gleason article was a great example of Journalistic garbage... not the subject matter just some of the lines in the article ...very poor taste...(ie sexual diease reference)

He should know better...I say this again Buffalo is a football town.. .. We must remember that there a lot fans here who love football and not the Bills...

Most WNY ers love the Sabres, but i would say about over 30 percent or more of sports fans here don't care for what happens when the sabres are out of the playoffs. In football that is not true now or even when the Bills were just going to the playoffs and not superbowls...No matter what the sport fan here is with the NFL untill the end..

Just can't say that about Hockey.. That's why Buffalo will alwys be a hockey town even if the Bills leave.

Bmax

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train
            1st row of Blues, right on one of the blue lines from 1978-83. The best.
            The Sabres used to sell tickets to any game before the season started, I don't know if they still do, but it was sweet. I bought the teams I wanted to see, or the nights I wanted to go, I went to a lot of games.

Sometimes Center ice in the gold or red, sometimes blues in the corner. This was at the old Aud. I enjoyed the different seats more than if I were in the same seat all the time. We always ran into friends & different friends, not the same ones all the time by moving around.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
              the bills suck. when does sabres hockey start?
              You hate the Sabres...what the **** are you talking about? You came into the Sabres Zone talking **** at the end of last season you, hypocritical *****.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

did you notice i haven't once posted in here except for the past three days? i dislike hockey, it's so ****ing boring. i just wanted to come in here and rile all of the clowns up....oh yeah, it looks like i was pretty accurate with the prediction tonight the sabres blow. i haven't wasted my time watching them since the year they lost to carolina and didn't resign briere and drury. **** you darcy.
                nah, i love the bills more than i love my family. i would never give up on them.

whah whah whah, my team lost. cry me a river baby hughey.

edit: i actually stated i came in here 3 days before the series.
                the sabres will lose tonight. mark it down.

edit: if anyone actually lost sleep over this team then that's pathetic.
                Last edited by SabreEleven; 08-25-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Blogabills
                  • Aug 2011

The fact of the matter is, as 29 year resident of this place, this town is a bit of a bandwagon town in that it'll be a Bills or Sabres town depending on who is winning more.

Bills in the '90s? no contest, even with Mogilny and LaFontaine.

Sabres now with an owner who says all the right things and is throwing money around like Dan Snyder? And a team that actually makes the playoffs? Now it's a Sabres town.
                  In-depth stats-based blog about the Bills and the NFL at Blog-a-Bills or follow us on Twitter @blogabills...

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                    • Feb 2009

Sabres are taking the cup this year. I said it, they will hold it over their collective heads bringing a championship to Buffalo. I really hope so.

Comment

• DrGraves
                      • Mar 2008

My entire childhood this has never been a close race but its finally come to the point where the organization has pissed on its loyal fans for too long.

1. sabres
                      2. bills

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                        You hate the Sabres...what the **** are you talking about? You came into the Sabres Zone talking **** at the end of last season you, hypocritical *****.
                        get the sand out of your mangina. all of you sabres fanatics were clamoring about a stanley cup and i decided to come in the sabres zone to bring a dose of reality. the sabres were no where near good enough to get past the first round, let alone win the stanley cup.

edit: while i know that the bills suck it doesn't make me a blind homer like you guys were acting last spring.
                        Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 08-26-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

get the sand out of your mangina. all of you sabres fanatics were clamoring about a stanley cup and i decided to come in the sabres zone to bring a dose of reality. the sabres were no where near good enough to get past the first round, let alone win the stanley cup.

edit: while i know that the bills suck it doesn't make me a blind homer like you guys were acting last spring.
                          Who was clamoring about a Stanley Cup? Now you are just making up **** like normal especially since I caught you in your own lies.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

exactly what did I lie about? i said, the bills suck. when does sabres hockey start? you need to get laid.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts
                              did you notice i haven't once posted in here except for the past three days? i dislike hockey, it's so ****ing boring. i just wanted to come in here and rile all of the clowns up....oh yeah, it looks like i was pretty accurate with the prediction tonight the sabres blow. i haven't wasted my time watching them since the year they lost to carolina and didn't resign briere and drury. **** you darcy.

You hate hockey but you can't wait for it to start? Which is it.
                              Last edited by SabreEleven; 08-26-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • May 2009

when did i say i can't wait for it to start? i just asked when it did start.

Comment

Working...
                                X