How would a win against the Pats change your view on the season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

How would a win against the Pats change your view on the season?

If the Bills happened to beat the Patriots, how would that change your view of this team and this season?

I predicted 6-10 before the season started. For now, I'm sticking with that prediction. If we beat the Patriots, I'd probably up it to at least 8-8.

Just curious how people feel about it, especially those who predicted doomsday before the season. Would those still skeptical start to believe in the team? Obviously we'd still want to see the rest of the season play out, but would you believe they could make the playoffs if that happened?
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: How would a win against the Pats change your view on the season?

if the bills beat the pats, it changes my outlook on everything. the bills season, peace in the middle east, economic turmoil, GOP candidates, everything.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

It'll mean that the Mayan calendar was wrong. The world isn't ending in 2012.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TheBrownBear
        • Dec 2004

I currently have us at 4 or 5 wins. If we beat the Pats, then I'll shift my expectations up to around 10 wins and a shot at the playoffs. If we lose a hard fought game and look good doing so, I'd consider 7 or 8 wins a real possibility.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

why don't we talk about this if we actually end up winning the game?

Too many people on this board seem way too confident.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

My first prediction was 9-7. after the evans trade i changed it to 5-11. if the Bills win i would say they are a 9-7 team again but if they lose they are probably a 7-9 team.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

It doesn't change my view at all. We're a young team that's finally on the right path... a win against the pats will do wonders for the teams confidence but at the end of the day we're still growing and the best is yet to come. We're also probably going to fall on our faces a few times this season, as well.
              Last edited by The King; 09-22-2011, 12:53 PM.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37

Confident? You obviously haven't been reading my other posts this week.

I don't believe we have much of a chance at all to beat the Pats. In fact, that's one reason I started this thread now instead of after - because I don't think it will happen. I'm just curious as to how defeating the Pats might change people's perception of the Bills. Since they seem to be our Everest, I'm interested to hear if beating the Patriots might lift pall that's settled over Bills fans in general.
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

It's pretty obvious you hate winning but ,who lit the fuse in your tampon today?

OP, the first post started with "IF"
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    It's pretty obvious you hate winning but ,who lit the fuse in your tampon today?

OP, the first post started with "IF"
                    Yes, but the whole thing is predicated on how a Bills WIN would change things.... we are talking about a win that hasn't happened yet.

I don't hate winning- I hate talking about a very difficult game that hasn't happened yet as if it's already a win.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Yes, but the whole thing is predicated on how a Bills WIN would change things.... we are talking about a win that hasn't happened yet.

I don't hate winning- I hate talking about a very difficult game that hasn't happened yet as if it's already a win.
                      Nobody's talking like that. It's simply a question, and 100% hypothetical. Nobody's acting like we're going to win, just wondering how you'd feel IF we did.
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

i had the bills at 4-12...i predicted these wins. not like this though.

if the bills win, cinci was always a win, eagles without vick could be a win, giants if they keep playing how they are playing is a win, washington could be the first real loss.

Then the jets (same as this pats game going into it), dallas could be in a world of injury hurt, miami at miami seems to be a win for everybody, jets again, tenn is a win, san diego would be a loss, and thenext two in buffalo vs miami and denver could be easy wins.

Team could be 11-5 just based on this butterfly effect win. book it now.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

No doubt you would have felt better if the hypothetical was "if we lose to NE"

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

We are going to get crushed, but if we somehow pull this off then this team is for real. Playoffs aren't unlikely especially if we beat them convincingly. But I can't see how we'll win. Hope I'm wrong obviously.
                            Last edited by BAM; 09-22-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph
                              No doubt you would have felt better if the hypothetical was "if we lose to NE"
                              it's a much more realistic hypothetical.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X