• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

The Morning After: Bills v. Bengals

We know this feeling all too well Bills Nation. Like many of you across the country we woke up this morning with an uneasy nauseas feeling in our stomachs as we set out to write this piece. What an ugly game this was and as we said on Twitter, we played down to our opponent yesterday afternoon. I know the Bengals won the game and we give them all the credit but they are not the better team at this point.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Morning After: Bills v. Bengals

Kyle Williams. Where has he gone? He did fine last year taking on double teams yet he cant get through single blocks this year?

At this point he's looking like aother guy who decided to take it easy after getting a pay check.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
      Will not tolerate vandalism.
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      Kyle Williams. Where has he gone? He did fine last year taking on double teams yet he cant get through single blocks this year?

At this point he's looking like aother guy who decided to take it easy after getting a pay check.
      He was overrated from the start. Remember, last year the Bills finished near last in stopping the run and Williams was an integral part of that. Maybe now that he's next to a real D-lineman like Dareus, that will become more and more evident. Remember, the same scouting staff that drafted John ****ing McCargo four rounds ahead of Williams is the same one that discovered Williams. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves heaping praise on the guy.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
        He was overrated from the start. Remember, last year the Bills finished near last in stopping the run and Williams was an integral part of that. Maybe now that he's next to a real D-lineman like Dareus, that will become more and more evident. Remember, the same scouting staff that drafted John ****ing McCargo four rounds ahead of Williams is the same one that discovered Williams. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves heaping praise on the guy.
        He's definitely not a run stopper but he was a pass rusher and that disappeared
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

I almost wonder if Williams is being told to hold the POA by the coaches. Is he not allowed to penetrate anymore? Have teams caught onto him and are just able to stop him? It's strange all around.

Last I checked, DB, DRC wasn't doing so hot either - better than McKelvin, but altogether that isn't saying much. We definitely need help in our secondary.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
            I almost wonder if Williams is being told to hold the POA by the coaches. Is he not allowed to penetrate anymore? Have teams caught onto him and are just able to stop him? It's strange all around.

Last I checked, DB, DRC wasn't doing so hot either - better than McKelvin, but altogether that isn't saying much. We definitely need help in our secondary.
            We also need a pass rush, a receiver that can stretch the field, and an O-line that can hold its own against a strong D-line like Cincinnati's.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

McKelvin, Troup, Carrington... wake me up when any of these guys start to perform.

And lets start working Sheppard in at lb.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Regardless of my secondary comment, I thought Florence played pretty well. Nobody seems to be mentioning him, and while I didn't pay particular attention, I don't remember Green getting many catches while being covered by him. Also didn't hear his name much, which is good for a CB.
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                  McKelvin, Troup, Carrington... wake me up when any of these guys start to perform.

And lets start working Sheppard in at lb.
                  I will say about Sheppard that I think they are holding him back because he missed a good chunk of camp due to injury. Maybe he's still catching up? Plus with the addition of Morrison inside, there isn't a ton of snaps for him to even take.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

144 tackles, 3 FF, and 13 INT's for DRC over his career
                    126 tackles, 2 FF, and 5 INT's for McKelvin's career

DRC is also playing Nickle CB for Philly this year because Asomaugh and Samuel are ahead of him so his numbers have dipped some.

There is no debate though DRC has by far been the better pro.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

On KW I dont think he's doing a good job of holding the POA. He's giving up 1-3 yards off the snap at times. He is just not playing well at all.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        I will say about Sheppard that I think they are holding him back because he missed a good chunk of camp due to injury. Maybe he's still catching up? Plus with the addition of Morrison inside, there isn't a ton of snaps for him to even take.
                        Why not. Morrison and Davis are the temporary fixes, Sheppard is the future.
                        Can't play any worse imo. Let's find out.
                        Missed time at this point shouldn't be that much of an issue, he plays ilb, not qb. Plus Barnett is out there to help him.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

144 tackles, 3 FF, and 13 INT's for DRC over his career
                          126 tackles, 2 FF, and 5 INT's for McKelvin's career

DRC is also playing Nickle CB for Philly this year because Asomaugh and Samuel are ahead of him so his numbers have dipped some.

There is no debate though DRC has by far been the better pro.
                          I said he was better. And yeah, he's not in a good position to start in Philly. However, there's reasons why the Cardinals dumped him and he's had his share of burns. Also, as a note, I don't think McKelvin has played as much as DRC has (AFAIK, DRC has played his entire career whereas McKelvin spent a year on IR).
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

On KW I dont think he's doing a good job of holding the POA. He's giving up 1-3 yards off the snap at times. He is just not playing well at all.
                            Right, and I'm wondering if he's not penetrating because he's being told not to by the coaches. No clue why they'd do that, just speculating as to why he might not be making plays like last year.
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I said he was better. And yeah, he's not in a good position to start in Philly. However, there's reasons why the Cardinals dumped him and he's had his share of burns. Also, as a note, I don't think McKelvin has played as much as DRC has (AFAIK, DRC has played his entire career whereas McKelvin spent a year on IR).
                              You are correct, DRC also earned his starting spot before McKelvin did and has earned a Pro Bowl spot as well.

Im not saing DRC is one of the best CB's, but comparing him to McKelvin its obvious who is better and its not close.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X