• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

BoB: Refer a Friend

The cap has eliminated a lot of people from playing the game, so I have been trying to think of a way to get more involved without cheating those who have played the game more catiously thus far.

I was thinking about implementing a Refer a Friend bonus... if you get a friend to join the game you'd receive a 20,000 cap increase.

Ultimately I want to get feedback from you guys to see if you think this is fair. If caught cheating you'll be banned from the game. We can track IP's. I thought this would be a good way to help the game grow and to get everyone back in the game. Thoughts?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: BoB: Refer a Friend

NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

ok maybe....

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

My wife wants to play. We'll have the same ip.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

haha
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• BLeonard
            BoB Sabermetrician
            • Jan 2003

Too many slippery slopes there that could be exposed, IMO...

Theoretically, I could give another board member some cash to play (or, even give them a card AND give them cash). Technically, they would then be in the game, I would have "recruited" them and, on top of freeing up the cap room by getting rid of a card, but also would get the $20k bonus cap... That's not exactly fair, IMO.

People knew the cap on day 1. They chose to blow it. Do you feel sorry for an athlete that gets a $50 million signing bonus, then ends up broke, because he couldn't manage his money? I don't.

-Bill

Comment

• Mski
              • Mar 2006

as one of the ones who is out of cap space, I am with Bill on this one.
              RIP Tommy D!
              12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

As nice as it would be to have "new players" all we will end up with is people creating an alias to "play" the game and get the bonus. Then, the alias never plays. Pass. People knew the rules. I think what is chasing people away is not the cap but the time it will take for all those people to accrue 10 cards.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

im not seeing the activity we used to see
                  It was all

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
                    im not seeing the activity we used to see
                    Maybe it's the skanks you've been having lately. How about some top notch stuff???

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

you dont think todays girl is top notch?
                      It was all

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

Yeah the cap has really made this game unplayable because even though the money has come down it still isn't enough.

My thought was to make it so that your final lineup when the game is "done" is 5 women. The cap on those 5 women would have to be below 200,000 but the kicker is that you could own more than 5 cards. When the game concludes you will set your 5 women lineup and you will have to use the values of each card to make it under the cap but make the best stable. Thoughts?
                        Last edited by hydro; 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM.
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• bf1
                          • Oct 2010

Maybe you said so in the beginning or not... But there really needed to be a kind of start date and end date to this, or # of women total (kind of think like nfl 53x32). so we could have budgeted better.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

I don't.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

She looks 15. Yeah, I know - I am older and prefer somebody who doesn't look 15 but most of the "women" you put up for bid could be my kids - and have the body for it, too.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X