• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: BoB: Refer a Friend

Originally posted by Mski
    as one of the ones who is out of cap space, I am with Bill on this one.
    I'll second that.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
      im not seeing the activity we used to see
      That's because the game is way too long to begin with. The majority of the ones who are on here pretty much everyday are close to their cap limit. I know I haven't even bothered to bid since I know I am not going to be able to buy anyone for 11K.

Maybe you could have a game last 2-3 months. You could also implement more or different changes more often as the game ends and a new one begins.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

The game will change to start 2012.

This version will end in Nov.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• TMu11
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by hydro
          Yeah the cap has really made this game unplayable because even though the money has come down it still isn't enough.

My thought was to make it so that your final lineup when the game is "done" is 5 women. The cap on those 5 women would have to be below 200,000 but you the kicker is that you could own more than 5 cards. When the game concludes you will set your 5 women lineup and you will have to use the values of each card to make it under the cap but make the best stable. Thoughts?
          Wow, I really like that idea.

For the record, I'm with the others as far as the cap being the cap as was set forth in the beginning. Hydro's idea makes a lot of sense though. Unfortunately implementing a change like this halfway through the "season" would cause a lot of moaning and griping from people who could have bid higher on girls they wanted but were restricted by cap space, and others who have traded out girls to free up space.
          After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

• EricStratton
            • Jul 2002

I think the idea that Cher is pushing of trading cards and the values of them has a lot of potential to keep the game interesting and free up cap space for players.

If only the bastard would accept my offers.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

you dont think todays girl is top notch?
              Not even close!!!

Comment

• utmhead
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                That's because the game is way too long to begin with. The majority of the ones who are on here pretty much everyday are close to their cap limit. I know I haven't even bothered to bid since I know I am not going to be able to buy anyone for 11K.

Maybe you could have a game last 2-3 months. You could also implement more or different changes more often as the game ends and a new one begins.

I bid almost everyday and I have plenty of cap room.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

The game will change to start 2012.

This version will end in Nov.
                  November? How does that give anyone time to accumulate 10 girls??? That's only 1 month away. At this rate, we basically need to spend what we've got quickly b'cse nobody is going to get to 10 that fast!!!

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    November? How does that give anyone time to accumulate 10 girls??? That's only 1 month away. At this rate, we basically need to spend what we've got quickly b'cse nobody is going to get to 10 that fast!!!
                    That's where my idea would help the situation. Although with the amount of ZBs that some of these people have we would have to limit people to 10 girls total but in the end only 5 will be your final stable.
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Thats about 40 girls between now and the end of Nov
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by EricStratton
                        I think the idea that Cher is pushing of trading cards and the values of them has a lot of potential to keep the game interesting and free up cap space for players.

If only the bastard would accept my offers.
                        I DON'T WANT LECTER'S CATS!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Thats about 40 girls between now and the end of Nov
                          That's not alot. We've had like 30 people participating. Yeah, a few are in cap trouble and out of it now, but not that many. And yeah, I know that not all always participate each day, but still.

The initial talk of this game led one to believe that 10 girls would be possible, but not in this time frame. Some of our strategies have been predicated on the long run. Now you're saying there is no long run...

At the very least we should go thru X-mas.

Comment

• BLeonard
                            BoB Sabermetrician
                            • Jan 2003

Nobody is gonna get to 10, even if the game goes through the end of the year, as initially planned.

For someone to get 10 cards under $200k, they need to average no more than $20k per card. This game has been going for about 5 months and, to date, only 7 cards have gone for less than $20K... Take out my "Reward card" and that falls to 6... Take out the first five cards in the game and you're down to 4 (Diaz and Graham fall into this category). You're just not gonna get 10 cards under the $200k mark. Period.

I said this before and I think part of the issue is the fact that, while we have a maximum amount of cards that people can have (10) there is no minimum amount. I tend to believe nobody would have blown $80k on one card, if they knew they needed 5 cards in order to qualify (well, maybe clump would have...).

I think part of the issue is, earlier, there was sort of a "I have to win a card NOW factor. That's coming back to haunt some players now, as they are out of cap room. Of the 35 players that have a card, 11 have less then $20k in cap room.

Personally, I would end this "season" on Friday, November 18th. When you said "The game will end in November" I don't know if you mean November 1st or November 30th. November 18th is the last Friday before Thanksgiving. It will give us time to determine a winner (which we need to figure out exactly HOW to determine a winner, too) and give us the entire holiday season to prepare for the next "season." It will also allow plenty of time to implement suggestions and establish "new" rules.

I have a junkload of ideas to suggest for next season... I won't elaborate on them here, but I do have pretty detailed explanations on each idea. My ideas include:

1: Larger salary cap, pending on how long the "season" is.
                            2: A "draft," wth the cards weighted depending on round taken. 3 rounds max.
                            3: Require a minimum amount of cards needed to be "eligible."
                            4: Perhaps a "penalty" to a player outbidding others by X amount.
                            5: Set a minimum and a maximum amount that a card can be sold for. this would prevent the "Historian" purchases and also prevent someone simply unloading a card on someone (What prevents me from paying someone to take a card and free up some cap room?

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head.

-Bill

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                              • May 2005

Jamze is dead on with the reason for reduced activity... The majority of those people that have been heavily active up until this point just don't have the cap space left to battle it out on a daily basis. There are a few people that are still "waiting" for the prices to come down, which has begun to happen... and there are even more that seem to just float in here every once in a while to take their shot, but aren't really active players on a daily basis.

Personally, I intentionally hit my cap at this point because I know between a 2nd child and starting work next week, I am more or less going to vanish from this place again. I chose the quality over quantity route, which was my plan all along anyways. Nobody is going to come close to10 as Bleonard mentioned, the way the game has been played so far just won't allow for it.

Comment

• BLeonard
                                BoB Sabermetrician
                                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by hydro
                                Yeah the cap has really made this game unplayable because even though the money has come down it still isn't enough.

My thought was to make it so that your final lineup when the game is "done" is 5 women. The cap on those 5 women would have to be below 200,000 but the kicker is that you could own more than 5 cards. When the game concludes you will set your 5 women lineup and you will have to use the values of each card to make it under the cap but make the best stable. Thoughts?
                                The problem I see with that is, richer players could simply outbid those without extra cash... I might not be able to "play" all of the higher priced cards, but I can certainly prevent someone else from playing them, simply by winning the card, then benching them.

In your sceanrio, what prevents clump from simply sitting Danica McKellar, essentially giving him his entire $200k cap back?

Now, if you implement a TOTAL CAP (total cost of all cards acquired) and then have a lesser TEAM CAP (in your suggestion, a cap for the 5 that you "play") it might be bale to work better, since nobody would be able to afford having a very high priced card just "sitting the bench."

On top of that, it would be tough to figure out who everyone is "playing" and who everyone is "sitting." Most of us put cards in our sigs, but not everyone does.

-Bill
                                Last edited by BLeonard; 10-03-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X