X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Bedard Here's an idea

Bang or Bucks grab bag. A player pays a certain amount, and gets a "grab" from a bag full of chicks. Say the set amount is 10,000, and you have 10 chicks in there. Some hot, some fugly and some in the medium. You get whatever chick randomly comes out, and you are stuck with her. No trading, no selling back. She's yours for the season.

This would give guys a chance to get bargains, but also run the risk of having a beast in your stable, bringing your team down.
  • utmhead
    • Oct 2005

Re: Bedard Here's an idea

I Like it

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Or how about when anyone comes within $10k of their cap space they get to pick a free chick from the grab bag.

It's will be a thank you for playing freebie.

Comment

• rbochan
        Zamboni Driver
        • Jun 2008

Sure... give BL something ELSE to fiend on!
        ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
        it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• G Wolly
          • Mar 2004

And I could finally start up my own team.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Not bad.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Dujek
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2008

Actually, taking that idea one step further and you could bring back Bang or Bucks Deal or No Deal.

You bid for the chance to take part in BorB Deal or No Deal, but you're stuck with whoever you get...

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                Bang or Bucks grab bag. A player pays a certain amount, and gets a "grab" from a bag full of chicks. Say the set amount is 10,000, and you have 10 chicks in there. Some hot, some fugly and some in the medium. You get whatever chick randomly comes out, and you are stuck with her. No trading, no selling back. She's yours for the season.

This would give guys a chance to get bargains, but also run the risk of having a beast in your stable, bringing your team down.
                1. I dont think anyone should ever be stuck.
                2. If ZB's were even spread out to start the game this idea would work better. (im thinking this will be a requirement next season anyway)
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                  2. If ZB's were even spread out to start the game this idea would work better. (im thinking this will be a requirement next season anyway)
                  I concur.

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                    I agree with the "nobody should be stuck" part, b ut I honestly don't see how having more ZB gives anyone an advantage...

If I have a cap of $200k, what does it matter if I spend it on auctions, grab bags, free agents or buying cards from other players?

The ONLY advantage I can see a person with more ZB having is the ability to pay more to buy a card off of someone else. But, besides the "Historian purchases" early in the game, how many cards have gone for insane amounts?

Besides, even if you got everyone to agree to surrender ZB (which I don't think you will, nor do I think it's necessary) what stops me from winning lotteries, starting new threads, or just posting endlessly to inflate my ZB total?

Also, if you have a "store," as Bedard suggested in the other thread and implement some of the ideas regarding buying cards that I suggested, nobody would pay an asinine amount for a specific card anyway and even if they did, it's not like it would make the card more valuable in the game.

-Bill

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

IMO, behind the scenes, BL and King need to hash out the game. Because it is becoming cumbersome to see these threads of a million ideas and when they die the usual thread death nothing has been accomplished.
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

I appreciate everyone's ideas and active particpation in helping me to develop these games. I have a pretty solid success rate in rolling out games on this site... especially when it comes toBorB. I'll digest everyone's suggestions and put the best possible game forward.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                        X