X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Whats your opinion of this D?

IMO, this D is doing very well in bending but not breaking except for the Bengals game but even then, the O didn't do their part in that game.

Nobody can really stop Vick but this D has given the ball back to Fitz and allowed him to put points on the board via turn overs.

Its weird that we're at the bottom of the league defensively with the raiders, Pats, Packers.

Despite what the stats says in terms of where we're ranked , I'll take this D over past D's if you take into consideration that teams we've played, Pats no.1 , eagles no.3(n0.1 rushing) and Raiders no.9 (no. 2 rushing).
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-09-2011, 10:56 PM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • clumping platelets

Re: Whats your opinion of this D?

Game lost if we didn't get a couple of bounces. This defense needs more overall speed especially at LB. 4-1 with trading deadline coming up.......go find some help!!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Are you kidding me? This defense is awful. They were up by 24 points and the Eagles came back with ease within one quarter. The Eagles would have tied the game if it wasn't for another lucky bounce. I don't think George Edwards understands what adjustments are. He sure as hell can't make them on the fly when he needs to. This was another ****ty second half performance by the defense.
      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 10-09-2011, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Actually thought they played pretty well in the 1st half, but we gave up too many big plays in the 2nd.

No depth at CB, Corner stinks and they picked on him repeatedly. Need a legit edge rusher as well, then again who doesn't.

Comment

• cocamide
          • Oct 2006

We'll be in trouble towards the end of the season.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

If you look at the game day thread, I was praising Edwards for his 1st half game calling but again, the second half came and it looked like he blew his load in the first two quarters. He is not good enough to coach the entire defense for 60 minutes.
            Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 10-09-2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

Not enough talent at corner and the front 7 is pretty inconsistent. I do like our safety play for the most part (can improve), but I don't think the front 7 has been playing up to their talent level... a lot of that is from youth, though.

I think the defense has been extremely lucky, 12 INTs is very impressive in 5 weeks but SO many of them are off lucky bounces that we won't get all year. We have ONE solid (healthy) corner (Florence) and a bunch of other guys who are lucky to be in the NFL.
              Last edited by Crisis; 10-09-2011, 11:16 PM.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
                Not enough talent at corner and the front 7 is pretty inconsistent. I do like our safety play for the most part (can improve), but I don't think the front 7 has been playing up to their talent level... a lot of that is from youth, though.

I think the defense has been extremely lucky, 12 INTs is very impressive in 5 weeks but SO many of them are off lucky bounces that we won't get all year. We have ONE solid (healthy) corner (Florence) and a bunch of other guys who are lucky to be in the NFL.
                Correct.

I could understand people banking on turnovers if they were being caused by us laying wood to our opposition separating them from the ball, or stellar CB play snatching interceptions out of the jaws of completions. That's not how these TO's happened though.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

This defense is terrible! Usually when you win the TO battle 5 to 1 it's a blowout. There are going to be games when they don't get the turnovers. We'll be in big trouble when that happens.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                    If you look at the game day thread, I was praising Edwards for his 1st half game calling but again, the second half came and it looked like he blew his load in the first two quarters. He is not good enough to coach the entire defense for 60 minutes.
                    you can only do so much to contain Vick. In the end they came out huge. 4 picks for vick . Granted that the last one bounced off the receiver but in the past we wouldn't even make that play. we need improvement , no doubt but thid d is also making big plays. something we havent done in the past.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis

lucky bounces or we're just around to make those plays? Dont think that Byrd or Wilson are players that are just lucky to be in the nfl. They deserve it.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        lucky bounces or we're just around to make those plays? Dont think that Byrd or Wilson are players that are just lucky to be in the nfl. They deserve it.
                        They're also not corners.
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

This shouldn't even be a discussion. The Bills defense is absolutely atrocious right now and I'm not even sure if I can blame Edwards as much as I would like to. Our lack of talent on D is showing every Sunday as our people are getting manhandled at the line and CBs aren't paying attention to the receiver. It also helps if our DBs has better footwork as almost every offense that we play exploits that.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                            My IQ Test results came back negative
                            • Oct 2002

Leading the league in INTs isnt all a fluke.

Luck is created when good preperation meets good oppurtunity.( i know i cant spell.)

And this is EXACTLY what the Bills are doing. They are coming in prepared, and taking advantage of oppurtunities. Now as long as they do there homework and come to play every week theres no reason these turnovers wont keep happening.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

They are not that bad. IF you look at the stats only 7 teams give up less than 300 yards a game. We are down at bottom half of league with GB who is a damn good defense. This is the year of the offense so far. Dont know if its lockout causing offenses to be ahead of defenses or what.

We lead the NFL in INTs thats no fluke. We need to get more sacks but cant complain too much

Comment

Working...
                              X