• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Hairston, Bell, Spiller, Sheppard, Merriman news

I knew Sheppard would start eventually. At least it wasn't by injury. Which means depth stays in tact.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
      Well he'll miss at least a game or two, so that's not good news. But I guess it's better than missing the rest of the season.
      If his recovery time is on the low end of the 2-4 week range, he may not miss any game since next week is Buffalo's bye. This was very good timing for the bye.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Isnt Davis a team captain? Now he's a backup? That's gotta suck.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Good news about Hairston. Watching the replay, that could have been season ending. As long as Bell is ready to go in a couple weeks we should be ok at OT. With a healthy Bell playing LT, I'd like to see Hairston take over at RT when he comes back.

I'm excited about the Sheppard news. I like the way he plays and I think he has a bright future. I was never high on Davis, but he makes for some nice veteran depth.

I'm hoping the extra rest for Kyle Williams means he'll be back to his normal self after the bye. He hasn't been as dominant this year and we could sure use it.

Any time table on Aaron Williams returning?

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Michael82
            Isnt Davis a team captain? Now he's a backup? That's gotta suck.
            From what I've read, he's not the type of guy to pout about it. Quintessential team player, and a good mentor for the young kids.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ed
              With a healthy Bell playing LT, I'd like to see Hairston take over at RT when he comes back.?
              That'd be interesting but I'm not sure if they'll do it.

They seem to like Pears and he's played pretty well except the Giants game.

I think they see Hairston as our future LT. I don't think they're high on Bell considering the whole Levitre at LT fiasco during preseason. Would switching back to RT hinder his development? I gotta believe they're grooming him for LT.

I also think in training camp next year they'll give Sam Young every chance to win the RT spot kind of like the midseason waiver claims last year with Scott Chandler and Kraig Urbik getting penciled in as starters this year.
              Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by psubills62
                From what I've read, he's not the type of guy to pout about it. Quintessential team player, and a good mentor for the young kids.
                Yep.

The real question is what's the deal with Morrison? The guy was a starter his whole career and I haven't even seen him on the field. I like Sheppard and I know the coaching staff is high on him too, but Morrison has been completely invisible. Anyone know what's going on there? I'm not not shocked at all, but I am slightly surprised that Sheppard has surpassed him so quickly. Hopefully that's more of an appraisal of Shep and not an indictment of Morrison.
                Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 10-17-2011, 05:38 PM.
                Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

Hairston has earned a spot somewhere on the offensive line when he returns. I don't care if it's at LT or RT. But he needs to be on the field.
                  I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Hairston is going to be the LT sooner or later, no use wasting him on the right side. Move Bell over to the right for the rest of the season...Pears does a decent job run-blocking, but asking him to protect for the pass is like asking Andra Davis to cover Wes Welker man-to-man.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                    X