Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bang or Bucks: Elizabeth Berkley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bang or Bucks: Elizabeth Berkley

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard
    Like I said, the pic didn't have a date on it... No way to tell when it was from...

But whatever:

Prefer the first one, but the second one is fine as well...

For the record, the pic of Tiffani-Amber Thiesen was from FHM in 2001, so if you want a 5 year window, that shouldn't have been allowed either.

I'm sure there are others as well, just sayin'...

-Bill
    I like that first pic you just posted better anyway.
    Last edited by hydro; 10-19-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    BERNIAC!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    I agree 100%. If some pics were used that were old, and you (or anybody else) know that for sure, it should be pointed out. Ideally, you should have done this at that time, but even so...they should be retroactively changed - as it is not fair to use an old picture at one point and not another.
    Here's the deal...

Personally, I was aware of these two... Hell, chern and I were talking when he won Pressly... I actually suggested that pic to him. of course, when I suggested it, we were working on a deal for me to buy her...

The problem? There was no "rule" at the time she was won...

Hell, to the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been an issue with ANY pic suggested or used... Until, of course, now...

If there hasn't been a rule since the game started, why make one up on the fly now? Like I said, there's what, a month left to play anyway?

It's not like I went out of my way to find a "better" pic. Like I said, I googled "Elizabeth Berkley 2011" and it was right there in the first three rows of pics.

I don't have an issue either way, as any of the three pics I submitted are fine. I am a bit upset that, all of a sudden, some people want to ***** about what pics are being used, when it's never been a problem for anyone else before.

-Bill

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here's the deal...

Personally, I was aware of these two... Hell, chern and I were talking when he won Pressly... I actually suggested that pic to him. of course, when I suggested it, we were working on a deal for me to buy her...

The problem? There was no "rule" at the time she was won...

Hell, to the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been an issue with ANY pic suggested or used... Until, of course, now...

If there hasn't been a rule since the game started, why make one up on the fly now? Like I said, there's what, a month left to play anyway?

It's not like I went out of my way to find a "better" pic. Like I said, I googled "Elizabeth Berkley 2011" and it was right there in the first three rows of pics.

I don't have an issue either way, as any of the three pics I submitted are fine. I am a bit upset that, all of a sudden, some people want to ***** about what pics are being used, when it's never been a problem for anyone else before.

-Bill
    Sorry you're upset, but I think the picture you posted showed her to be WAY younger than she looks now. And I'm surprised there is no official rule b'cse I remember this being talked about before - perhaps during the Christina applegate posting or even before. I don't have the time to go look back, but I couldn't sworn it was talked about.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton
    Are you volunteering?

I think we all know what these women look like enough that it doesn't matter. In fact I only initially asked because the picture looked like her as a high school kid and not as a woman although she was probably in her 20's when it was taken.

The cards are so small I can't imagine it will be what determines who wins.
    If I had the time or the know how, I'd help out...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    I don't really care much if he has more cards to do, because that IS the rule. He said before no old pics. I had no idea mine was that old. I was trying to find an appealing pic to me and I went too far.
    I'm sure that HE cares, though... He's the one volunteering the time to run the game. It's kind of petty to be *****ing and wanting him to change a chunk of the cards at the drop of a hat.

As far as "That IS the rule," prior to today, when has the picture EVER been brought up, or denied?

The ONLY time I can think was on Pamela Anderson. But, that auction was run with that rule in place. No auction before, or none since have been.

-Bill

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry you're upset, but I think the picture you posted showed her to be WAY younger than she looks now. And I'm surprised there is no official rule b'cse I remember this being talked about before - perhaps during the Christina applegate posting or even before. I don't have the time to go look back, but I couldn't sworn it was talked about.
    See my above post...

I'm not upset... Just saying, it's never been an issue before, so why is it a big deal now? Especially since there is no concrete proof... All's there is is "she looks younger."

-Bill

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sure that HE cares, though... He's the one volunteering the time to run the game. It's kind of petty to be *****ing and wanting him to change a chunk of the cards at the drop of a hat.

As far as "That IS the rule," prior to today, when has the picture EVER been brought up, or denied?

The ONLY time I can think was on Pamela Anderson. But, that auction was run with that rule in place. No auction before, or none since have been.

-Bill
    He might care, but he did say quite a bit ago no old cards. It's also one of the reasons I sold Parker. While still attractive, I don't think time has been as kind to her.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree 100%. If some pics were used that were old, and you (or anybody else) know that for sure, it should be pointed out. Ideally, you should have done this at that time, but even so...they should be retroactively changed - as it is not fair to use an old picture at one point and not another.

Glad you feel that way:

From Rolling Stone, March 1999

Guess she'll need to be changed, too...

-Bill

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Glad you feel that way:

-Bill
    LOL

Don't mess with the OCD guy!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

New Rule,
    You have to pick one of the 3 pics that the king post, when the new game starts.
    That will end all the trouble.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Glad you feel that way:

-Bill
    I have no problem changing mine. The 2nd picture Bedard posted on her would be fine with me also...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Glad you feel that way:

-Bill
    Owned.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by hydro
    I like that first pic you just posted better anyway.
    That's not the issue...

The issue is, people are *****ing about a pic I selected, with no real proof besides "she doesn't look as old," where I have now proven three cards are well outside the "window," but were allowed to be used with not one person complaining.

If you want to make a rule now, fine. But my first pic today should be grandfathered in, along with the others cards beforehand, as nobody had an issue with any pic beforehand.

-Bill
    Last edited by BLeonard; 10-19-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by hydro
    Owned.
    Owned why??? I'm agreeing that older pictures should be changed...and have no problem whatsoever changing any of mine!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's not the issue...

The issue is, people are *****ing about a pic I selected, with no real proof besides "she doesn't look as old," where I have now proven three cards are well outside the "window," but were allowed to be used with not one person complaining.

If you want to make a rule now, fine. But my first pic today should be grandfathered in, along with the others cards beforehand, as nobody had an issue with any pic beforehand.

-Bill
    The big difference is that in your picture she looks 100 yrs younger. That's why it was brought up. It's a huge difference.

In mine, just as an example, you can't really see the difference - though quite frankly the 2nd picture Bedard had posted shows more skin - so I have no problem changing it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by utmhead
    New Rule,
    You have to pick one of the 3 pics that the king post, when the new game starts.
    The reason why this didn't work well, is because some of the pics he chose weren't appealing. Plus, some just wouldn't work. Yesterday's two didn't work at work and one didn't work at home.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The big difference is that in your picture she looks 100 yrs younger. That's why it was brought up. It's a huge difference.

In mine, just as an example, you can't really see the difference - though quite frankly the 2nd picture Bedard had posted shows more skin - so I have no problem changing it.
    "Looks younger" is all the proof you have. Also, to reiterate, there was no rule set in place, so the point of an older pic should be moot.

Of course you have no problem changing it... because you won't be the one that has to change all of the cards... It's on somone else's watch (Bedard's) so, of course, you don't have an issue with it.

-Bill

The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying. Static's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

<--------- Thats me laughing at all the crying over pictures of women on the internet..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by utmhead
    New Rule,
    Or, people could just grow up and let the winner of the card decide which pic to use... You know, like has been the case for the first 100-pus cards...

-Bill

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Or, people could just grow up and let the winner of the card decide which pic to use... You know, like has been the case for the first 100-pus cards...

-Bill
    You seem to agree on not using older pictures beforehand:

From the Christina Aguilera thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    That's a bargain for Christina of 5 years ago.
    This isn't 5 years ago... But, well see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticsoto
    How old can pictures be? That above picture doesn't look like a recent one. If they can be older, then a younger Christina Applegate should have been used and the same could go for alot of contestants. I kinda thought that we were bidding & later judging on people as they are now - not at the peak of their "hotness". If so, then that changes things...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Bedard
    Yea mystic I have been trying to stick with modern pictures since we're bidding on them modern day, but by opening this up to picture selections its definitely conflicting.

I'll continue to post more modern photos for the auctions.
    Ultimately...Bedard will have to make the call...
    Last edited by mysticsoto; 10-19-2011 at 03:09 PM.