Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bang or Bucks: Elizabeth Berkley

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bang or Bucks: Elizabeth Berkley

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard
    Or, people could just grow up and let the winner of the card decide which pic to use... You know, like has been the case for the first 100-pus cards...

-Bill
    Some takes this 'game' way too seriously.

Just have fun, post the pics you like and make sure they are fairly representative of the current looks.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    You seem to agree on not using older pictures beforehand:

From the Christina Aguilera thread:

Ultimately...Bedard will have to make the call...

I'm still not against enforcing a "rule" of some sorts... Though, I also beelieve that it would be difficult to enforce a rule if a pic was presented that we weren't sure of when it was taken (like my first Berkely pic).

What I AM against is playing by certain rules for over 100 cards now, where not one pic request has been denied and, all of a sudden, changing (or, in this case, creating) a rule.

If Bedard wants a "5 year rule," I have no problems with it. But, it should start with TODAY'S card (meaning Stacy keibler, because there was no such rule during yesterday's bidding) or it should not start until the next "season."

It'd be like in football, having the kickoff from the 35 and changing it back to the 30 in the middle of the season.

Others didn't have to follow this guideline while selecting a picture, why is it ok to enforce it now?

I also don't agree with enforcing the rule retroactively, simply because it would mean Bedard has to change a good chunk of cards... There's no sense on him having to invest MORE time into re-doing cards because a few of you had a hissy fit over which picture I selected for MY card.

As far as Aguilera, the pic used was from November 2006... It's within the 5 years, but not really reflective of Aguilera today... But, I'm not gonna scream and holler, saying Dummy should have to pick a "Fat Christina" pic...

That's another thing... In 2 months, the Aguilera pic will be over 5 years old... So, do you have to change the pic then too?

SabreEleven sold two cards back without receiving a cap hit... Then, the rule was changed... If you wanna change the rule on pics that can be used, fine, but my first pic should be allowed, just as Sabre wasn't hit with the rule retroactively.

-Bill
    Last edited by BLeonard; 10-19-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by northernbillfan
    Some takes this 'game' way too seriously.

Just have fun, post the pics you like and make sure they are fairly representative of the current looks.
    I agree on the first part... There's a problem with the bolded part, though...

Look at Christina Aguilera's card...

That pic was taken in 2006... While it (barely) fits in Bedard's "5 year" window, here's Christina Aguilera today...

Even with a 5 year window, looks can change.

-Bill

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

One more point...

The only time I can remember a "limit" being put on pictures was Pamela Anderson... Here is the pic that was used...

Here's the same pic, advertising the "Roast of Pamela Anderson:"

The problem? The roast occurred in 2005... Which is outside the 5 year window...

So, obviously, the pic is more than 5 years old... Aand this was the ONE INSTANCE where it was said that old pics could not be used BEFORE THE AUCTION

So, a pic that is older is allowed, when the auction specifically stated it wouldn't be, yet on an auction where NOTHING was said about the picture used, now, people want to enforce a rule that didn't exist?

-Bill

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I endorse BLeonard as the picture police!!!

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the biggest thing you're glossing over is that the pictures you are now frantically trying to find to call people out on are relatively close to what they look like today (Christina Aguilera being an exception b'cse she had a baby) which is why they were not called on. Your picture looks 15 yrs old vs 5 or close to 5 yrs old.

That's the big difference...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think the biggest thing you're glossing over is that the pictures you are now frantically trying to find to call people out on are relatively close to what they look like today (Christina Aguilera being an exception b'cse she had a baby) which is why they were not called on. Your picture looks 15 yrs old vs 5 or close to 5 yrs old.

That's the big difference...
    Bedard was the one that stated the "5 year window," not me. I'm simply stating that there are plenty of cards outside of that window that were allowed without any question. Whether a picture "looks" old is irrelevant.

Just because a picture doesn't "look" old, doesn't mean it's not... I refer you to the Aniston pic, which was published in March, 1999... She might not "look" much different, but that doesn't change the fact that the pic is still over 12 years old.

The point is, the rules should be the same for every picture... And, to date, no pictures have been denied for being "too old," or the woman looking "too young."

If I have to stay wthin a 5 year window, everyone else should have to, as well, regardless of if the woman "looks" different or not.

That's why I said before, it would be tough to enforce that sort of rule...

-Bill
    Last edited by BLeonard; 10-19-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bedard was the one that stated the "5 year window," not me. I'm simply stating that there are plenty of cards outside of that window that were allowed without any question. Whether a picture "looks" old is irrelevant.

Just because a picture doesn't "look" old, doesn't mean it's not... I refer you to the Aniston pic, which was published in March, 1999... She might not "look" much different, but that doesn't change the fact that the pic is still over 12 years old.

The point is, the rules should be the same for every picture... And, to date, no pictures have been denied for being "too old," or the woman looking "too young."

If I have to stay wthin a 5 year window, everyone else should have to, as well, regardless of if the woman "looks" different or not.

-Bill
    How can the looks of the picture be irrelevant? They are VERY relevant. Having an actress/girl w/a 15 yr old picture that makes her look different is a HUGE difference.

What Bedard is probably going to do now is limit our choices to the 2 or 3 pictures he posts and we'll now be stuck with those...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by King Bedard
    That pick is from the showgirls days... I cant allow that. I dont want to be a stickler about the cards at all, but at least work it into a 5 year window.
    Bedard's game

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How can the looks of the picture be irrelevant? They are VERY relevant. Having an actress/girl w/a 15 yr old picture that makes her look different is a HUGE difference.

What Bedard is probably going to do now is limit our choices to the 2 or 3 pictures he posts and we'll now be stuck with those...
    I'm meaning, within this "5 year window." If Bedard wants that rule, ANY picture outside of that window should NOT BE ALLOWED. Period.

But, plenty of pictures outside of that window have already been allowed, with zero complaint, to my knowledge.

I don't know when the fist pic of Berkley I posted was taken... Hell, I don't know when the other two pics I posted were taken. Just because the first one "looks younger" doesn't mean that it automatically is... Would you convict someone of a crime simply because they "looked" guilty?

Hell, the pic in Laura Prepon's card is from 2004... That pic was actually selected by bedard himself... So, it's obvious "5 years" was never an issue before... Why should it be now?

Again, if you wanna change (or add) a rule, it should be done AFTER the fact (meaning starting today with Keibler, or next season).

I have no issue with having a rule, or not having one... I just don't want one thrown in in the middle of the game affecting things retroactively.

Should we also punish SabreEleven, because he sold his cards back before the $10k cap hit took effect? It's the same principle.

-Bill

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by King Bedard
    That pick is from the showgirls days... I cant allow that. I dont want to be a stickler about the cards at all, but at least work it into a 5 year window.
    Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    Bedard's game
    My guess is, he didn't know how many cards were already outside of that 5 year window.

I'm sure Bedard will make some sort of decision soon... Ideally, I'd like the first pic I posted to be used. If not, then none of the pics that are "outside the window" should be allowed. Seems like a lot of unnecessary work for Bedard to change them all, though.

Besides, if my stable is so bad (as some claim) does it really matter what pic I have representing them?

-Bill

Thanks
    Thanked 30,593 Times in 17,467 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What I AM against is playing by certain rules for over 100 cards now, where not one pic request has been denied
    I didn't get the pic I requested for January Jones. I don't think the one I wanted was denied, per se, because it was one of the originals from the op of the auction, and think Bedard just missed the request....an accidental oversight.

Not *****in' by any means...just sayin'.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    I didn't get the pic I requested for January Jones. I don't think the one I wanted was denied, per se, because it was one of the originals from the op of the auction, and think Bedard just missed the request....an accidental oversight.

Not *****in' by any means...just sayin'.
    Here's the thing:

At this point, it isn't about the picture... The problem is, over 100 cards have been done and not once has anyone been told "No, you can't have that pic." I assume, in your case, Bedard missed it or something to that effect, an honest mistake.

But, I do think it is a bit of BS that I was told "keep it within 5 years," when others haven't had to follow the same criteria.

If mystic can have a 12 year old pic of Jennifer Aniston as his card, and others can get the pics they want, regardless of how old it is, why shouldn't I be afforded the same luxury?

I just want the rules to be the same accross the board is all...

-Bill
    Last edited by BLeonard; 10-19-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But, I do think it is a bit of BS that I was told "keep it within 5 years," when others haven't had to follow the same criteria.

If mystic can have a 12 year old pic of Jennifer Aniston as his card, and others can get the pics they want, regardless of how old it is, why shouldn't I be afforded the same luxury?

I just want the rules to be the same accross the board is all...

-Bill
    I can't argue against that, and won't.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here's the thing, Berkley looks a LOT older than that now. She was a recognizable name and mostly because she was more of an "actress" 15 years ago. From the picture you picked, to the picture of her now, she looks VERY different. Don't ***** because somebody called out on it. I think I said something about the picture for Sable because I know she is older too.

To everything, there has to be a first.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If I win the bid for Rosemary Clooney, I want this pic...

NOT this one...

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hey Jackwagons... I have enforced this (it's not really a rule just a guideline)... just maybe not publicly. I made utmhead use a current photo of Shannon Tweed, I made someone use a current photo of Marissa Tomei, same thing with Julia Dreyfus...

I some cases if an older image was given to me I thought about two things... 1. How much of they changed? 2. is it going to make a difference at 150x100px... In the case of Pressly, Aniston and Jolie the answer was it didnt matter, they're all still hot and havent lost much.

In this case I felt like the image looked nothing like the current version and that's why I pushed back. It's not up for debate really, if you think I am remaking every card in question you're nuts. Don't ruin the game over something this inconsequential.
    Last edited by The King; 10-19-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh I literally took time away from creating your cards to make that post. Ridiculous.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So I take it my Clooney request is a 'no'?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's not about busting balls or anything. It's just about keeping things within reason. I feel I've done that. If you disagree, my apologies.