"lack of scoring from the top paid player (Vanek)"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

"lack of scoring from the top paid player (Vanek)"...

... How's that prediction working out??

"'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: "lack of scoring from the top paid player (Vanek)"...

He'll have some sort of excuse.

Vanek is playing incredible right now though. Lets hope he can keep it up.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• jamze132
      • Jun 2003

Vanek's defense has been less than desirable thus far but he is making up for it with his offense right now. Hopefully they won't "even out" as the season goes on as that makes for a very expensive contract that doesn't do anything for the long run.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jamze132
        Vanek's defense has been less than desirable thus far but he is making up for it with his offense right now.
        I made a joke on the skating thread that mentioned about Vanek getting taught to come back on defense, LOL. He's a scoring machine early on, let's hope it continues.

Mike, I wouldn't point fingers right now because OP is basing things on years & not a small stretch of games.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
          ... How's that prediction working out??

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...3&postcount=62
          lmao. Six games hardly makes up for the last 3 years or so.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

And Roy is more than happy to pick up the slack in the "not scoring" dept.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

It would be so nice to see Vanek break the 50 goal mark... finally.

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

Sorry Mike but this was a bit premature. Got to allow for a little more of a sample size to bring this type of "How about this!" to Opiv. Saw his reply coming from a mile away.
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by hydro
                  Sorry Mike but this was a bit premature. Got to allow for a little more of a sample size to bring this type of "How about this!" to Opiv. Saw his reply coming from a mile away.
                  That train had crushed pennies already, lol.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by hydro
                    I saw it too (and nearly posted my prediction of it), but Op always has some reason to complain about the situation. If Vanek scores a bunch of goals this year, it will be that he had one good year and that doesn't erase the last 3 bad ones..."let's see him do it more consistently." If he starts to do it more consistently over 2+ years, Op will just start complaining about how he'll cost way too much money to re-sign and won't end up being worth it.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                      I saw it too (and nearly posted my prediction of it), but Op always has some reason to complain about the situation. If Vanek scores a bunch of goals this year, it will be that he had one good year and that doesn't erase the last 3 bad ones..."let's see him do it more consistently." If he starts to do it more consistently over 2+ years, Op will just start complaining about how he'll cost way too much money to re-sign and won't end up being worth it.
                      First, this is a bull**** debating technique:
                      1. Make up a scenario
                      2. Guess how someone would react if that hypothetical scenario actually occurred.
                      3. State your guess of how someone would react in a situation that never actually happened as if it's a legitimate point.

Second, if that happens, it will mean Vanek will have 4 or so mediocre seasons sandwiched between a couple of good ones on either end. Is that the kind of guy you want to pay $6 or $7 million a season (probably more by the time Vanek's contract expires)? If so, that's a recipe for disaster. Anyone who takes up that much cap space has to be a CONSISTENT 40 goal scorer- not some guy who scored 40 goals once 5 years ago.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        First, this is a bull**** debating technique:
                        1. Make up a scenario
                        2. Guess how someone would react if that hypothetical scenario actually occurred.
                        3. State your guess of how someone would react in a situation that never actually happened as if it's a legitimate point.

Second, if that happens, it will mean Vanek will have 4 or so mediocre seasons sandwiched between a couple of good ones on either end. Is that the kind of guy you want to pay $6 or $7 million a season (probably more by the time Vanek's contract expires)? If so, that's a recipe for disaster. Anyone who takes up that much cap space has to be a CONSISTENT 40 goal scorer- not some guy who scored 40 goals once 5 years ago.
                        It's not guessing when that's what you do. Isn't it you who likes to say that we can predict the future based on what happens over and over and over in the past?

I'm having a very hard time finding the words to express my thoughts regarding your second paragraph. Are you purposefully trying to be ironic here? Let me see if I have this straight. You swear me out for predicting how you'd complain, then proceed to follow my prediction to the letter?
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                          It's not guessing when that's what you do. Isn't it you who likes to say that we can predict the future based on what happens over and over and over in the past?

I'm having a very hard time finding the words to express my thoughts regarding your second paragraph. Are you purposefully trying to be ironic here? Let me see if I have this straight. You swear me out for predicting how you'd complain, then proceed to follow my prediction to the letter?
                          Yes.

First, it's bull**** to use your guess as to how someone would react as a point, regardless of whether it ends up being right or wrong.

Second, even if that situation happens and that does end up being my thoughts on it, they're the correct thoughts so there is no reason to complain about it.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

It has only been 6 games. Players get hot, they go cold, they get hot, they go cold.

Let's see where Vanek and the rest of the team are after 41.
                            Last edited by DMBcrew36; 10-21-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Yes.

First, it's bull**** to use your guess as to how someone would react as a point, regardless of whether it ends up being right or wrong.
                              Not BS at all - that's simply how you operate, I was using Vanek's situation as an example. And by the way, it also wasn't a "debating technique," as you described in your first reply.

It's like if I said "the Bills will be giving up lots of points and yards on defense against our next opponent." And actually, I posted something just like that in the John Beck thread. There's no difference between the two. Just in one case I'm talking about the Bills, the other I'm talking about you. And since this thread is about you and one of your predictions, I'm pretty sure my post fits right in.

Second, even if that situation happens and that does end up being my thoughts on it, they're the correct thoughts so there is no reason to complain about it.
                              Even if they are correct, it's simply proof that you will never see the positive in these situations. If he's not playing well, you ***** about it. If he's playing well, you ***** about the times he wasn't playing well or about some hypothetical scenario in the future regarding his contract. You can't just take something and enjoy it, there's always something to ***** about. Guys are either overpaid or they will eventually be overpaid, yada yada yada.
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡