• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

what if...

what if the rams win the luck sweepstakes... what do you think they do? do they take him and send Bradford packing for a likely 1st round pick? do they trade down and keep bradford?

I haven't really seen what bradford has done so far this season, so I really can't say what exactly I would do if I were in the Rams front office.

I think if Bradford appeared to be regressing, I would send him on his way and start over, if I thought he was still our guy, I would try like hell to trade down to around #8 and pick up someone that can come in and be an immediate impact player.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: what if...

If they are happy with Bradford, flip luck for a BOATLOAD of picks. The Chargers did this with the Mike Vick pick and it propelled them to an awesome run in the early 200O's.

If they like Luck, I'm sure Bradford will still garner them at a minimum 2 high first day picks.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

They'll trade that #1 for like a million picks because there's no way they're gonna give up on Bradford.

Besides he's not the reason why they haven't won a game yet, it's all those injuries that have hurt them this season.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

I think if I was the front office, I'd get as much as I could for Luck then turn that into a serious supporting cast for bradford.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Someone posted elsewhere on this board that the Rams had already said they would stay with Bradford and trade the pick, but they didn't post a link so I can't confirm it.

If they did trade the pick for it, they could get at least 2 #1's, maybe more, and they'd only have to trade down 3-4 picks in the first round. If you're not in the top 5, you can't afford it.

I just hope he doesn't end up in the AFCE unless it's in Buffalo (and that isn't going to happen).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Someone has actually suggested they flip Bradford and draft Luck.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Someone has actually suggested they flip Bradford and draft Luck.
              He must be a 'Skins fan - they are understandably numb to such notions.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                He must be a 'Skins fan - they are understandably numb to such notions.
                Nope, it makes sense. Luck has a higher upside than Bradford and its not like Bradford is playing lights out right now.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Nope, it makes sense. Luck has a higher upside than Bradford and its not like Bradford is playing lights out right now.
                  The financial machinations would be interesting.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

not sure a lot of people would trade the same treasure chest of gold for Bradford who is still on an old rookie contract. So he might have less eyars and more money, to get a guy who isn't the shiny new toy.

Trading for luck will be a $22MM cost with new rookie contracts and longer deal (am i right on that?) and he is bright and shiny.

Comment

Working...
                    X