Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saint Tebow

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Saint Tebow

i totally dislike tebow's religious righteousness that he and his fans love about themselves.

That being said, i am curious on why he is being taken through the ringer so bad. Even our dear Losman and Edwards were given more than enough chances to prove themselves. Yet today most people are all saying tebow is finished in 3-5 weeks.

Just from a football standpoint, i don't think that's fair. it's the hardest position in sports at the highest level. most guys need to get some time to get acclimated as the starter.

Yes, his stats are crap. but he was taken in the first round. and with that comes a lot of second chances. i feel like the denver management is just parading him out there without much help just to prove they don't want him because they didn't draft him.

I don't think he'll be a star or anything, but i don't think he's getting a fair shake. alot of decent qbs have started slowly and were left for dead too early. if tebow is serious about getting better, he may find a more forgiving place next year elsewhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,079 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Did he thank Jesus after the game like last time?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13
    i would bet him and some of his teammates met up with some of the lions after the game , somewhere on the field, to kneel and have a group prayer

i believe every team in the nfl does this after each game

Thanks
    Thanked 24,456 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    i totally dislike tebow's religious righteousness that he and his fans love about themselves.

That being said, i am curious on why he is being taken through the ringer so bad. Even our dear Losman and Edwards were given more than enough chances to prove themselves. Yet today most people are all saying tebow is finished in 3-5 weeks.

Just from a football standpoint, i don't think that's fair. it's the hardest position in sports at the highest level. most guys need to get some time to get acclimated as the starter.

Yes, his stats are crap. but he was taken in the first round. and with that comes a lot of second chances. i feel like the denver management is just parading him out there without much help just to prove they don't want him because they didn't draft him.

I don't think he'll be a star or anything, but i don't think he's getting a fair shake. alot of decent qbs have started slowly and were left for dead too early. if tebow is serious about getting better, he may find a more forgiving place next year elsewhere.

Quick question, have you seen him play yet this season? If you havent I encourage you to try and watch him this coming weekend or whenever you can. His stats while very poor don't begin to tell the story. Its everything guys like Kiper and myself said it would be.

Though I will say his throw to Decker in the endzone when Decker fails to get a 2nd foot in bounds was a thing of beauty.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i've not seen him play with the exception of a couple miami game highlights.

i'm not saying he isn't going to be a bad qb...i had that feeling. but i'm just curious on how he is so bad that he won't get a couple shots. most first rounders get a couple shots to stick. Kyle Boller is still on a team for god sakes. everyone kind of fails at different things. it's just funny that he is being banished in a matter of weeks and it sounds like he has no shot of getting back on a team.

There has to be a better team next year that would pick him up for a decent wildcat package. it'll come a lot cheaper than what denver paid him for. and for the most part, he wants to be playing the game. you can't take that away from him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i've not seen him play with the exception of a couple miami game highlights.

i'm not saying he isn't going to be a bad qb...i had that feeling. but i'm just curious on how he is so bad that he won't get a couple shots. most first rounders get a couple shots to stick. Kyle Boller is still on a team for god sakes. everyone kind of fails at different things. it's just funny that he is being banished in a matter of weeks and it sounds like he has no shot of getting back on a team.

There has to be a better team next year that would pick him up for a decent wildcat package. it'll come a lot cheaper than what denver paid him for. and for the most part, he wants to be playing the game. you can't take that away from him.
    He'll get a second shot but you have to keep in mind guys like Boller don't ignite fan bases and split locker rooms like Tebow is doing. Note Im not saying Denver's locker room is split but read some of their post game comments, they want to win not just go out there and get their asses kicked.

Decisive QB's don't get 2nd chances all that often though look at recent history with Leaf and Russell.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

decisive or divisive?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

decisive or divisive?
    Your choice.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fox will go back to Orton before Thanksgiving.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    I hope not. Was hoping he would start against Buffalo. Two shut outs in one season would be nice.

The world needs a hero! LarryBoy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

yes
    Bills Rock!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Even Losman and Edwards worse days' statistically, were probably better than tebow's best day. he will get more chances, i just dont think they'll come from denver, the coach and FO werent around when he was drafted, so they have little invested in him, as far as pride.
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i don't know. losman had a way of having 89-100 yards through 3.5 quarters of play and then generate another 65-80 yards in garbage time. i feel like he definitely had some 150 yard games even after garbage time when the tides were turning against him.

edwards stats probably had higher completion percentage since he was throwing 4 yards every throw, but the same pitiful yardage.

but both those guys got 20+ games to make a case for themselves. Tebow is getting about 8.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    He'll get a second shot but you have to keep in mind guys like Boller don't ignite fan bases and split locker rooms like Tebow is doing. Note Im not saying Denver's locker room is split but read some of their post game comments, they want to win not just go out there and get their asses kicked.

Decisive QB's don't get 2nd chances all that often though look at recent history with Leaf and Russell.
    "they want to win not just go out there and get their asses kicked"

This post implies Tebow can not win.

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,538 Times in 2,765 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He will be in the CFL in a year or 2 and out of work shortly after that. I am amazed nobody gave cleo lemon a chance after his stint up here. He is in shape and ready to go, he just could not adapt to the canadian game.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    Hey, it's thanksgiving tomorrow, Tebow is 4 - 1 as a starter and Orton goes to KC.

I just love watching Timmy stick it to the NFL priesthood.
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Its everything guys like Kiper and myself said it would be.
    You and Mel Kiper, huh?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,079 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus
    Hey, it's thanksgiving tomorrow, Tebow is 4 - 1 as a starter and Orton goes to KC.

I just love watching Timmy stick it to the NFL priesthood.
    sticking it how? By showing us what a bad QB looks like?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

sticking it how? By showing us what a bad QB looks like?
    5 - 1.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Vince Young won seven or eight games in a row at one point in his career.