• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Discotrish
    Raging hypocrite and resident troll
    • Nov 2003

Re: Saint Tebow

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    Look, I don't like the guy, never liked the guy, probably will never like the guy but I can still earn some respect for him.

He is tough, a team leader, yada yada yada...he is not an NFL QB, plain and simple. He needs to channel his talent and either be a TE or a RB. There is no disgrace in switching positions (e.g., George Wilson) and applying your talents and contributing to the team - and earning respect in the process. The guy, as a QB, isn't even as good as Flutie. The guy, as a pseudo-QB, is 10x worse than Flutie. He'll be a footnote if he doesn't change positions, imo.
    His passer rating was 149.3 today.

heh.

He seems self-effacing, to me. He's always talking about the team effort.

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Discotrish
      • Nov 2003

7-1. Denver didn't score at all until there was 2:08 left in regulation. Heh.

The ESPN analysts cited:

The Bermuda Triangle

The Loch Ness Monster

Bigfoot

The Full Moon

Patti
      Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I simply don't get the hate and derision for a very good, humble and polite kid who is also a Christian and a leader.

Some of you need to go back to worshipping Mike Vick, who has all the traits that Tebow lacks - except winning 7 in a row.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jaydog57
          Pretty cool for a Fin Fan.
          • Oct 2002

Tebow did great yesterday, and as usual he's mentioned every 30 seconds on the NFL Network. I'm glad that he gives credit to the whole team in the press conference. I haven't heard much about the kicker Prater's 59 yard field goal that sent the game into overtime. You don't see too many of those very often.
          "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaydog57
            Tebow did great yesterday, and as usual he's mentioned every 30 seconds on the NFL Network. I'm glad that he gives credit to the whole team in the press conference. I haven't heard much about the kicker Prater's 59 yard field goal that sent the game into overtime. You don't see too many of those very often.
            He better give credit, since the Broncos' defense is more responsible for their turnaround this year than he is.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

I predict Tebow will win the next two games to take the Broncos to 10 - 5, securing their playoff position, the let Brady Quinn play the game against KC.

Quinn will throw three tds in the nothing game, and then Elway will force Fox to start Quinn in the playoffs because Quinn's more his idea of what a qb should look like.

It'll be brilliant.
              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Spartacus
                I predict Tebow will win the next two games to take the Broncos to 10 - 5, securing their playoff position, the let Brady Quinn play the game against KC.

Quinn will throw three tds in the nothing game, and then Elway will force Fox to start Quinn in the playoffs because Quinn's more his idea of what a qb should look like.

It'll be brilliant.
                only one owner could oversee such nonsense like that, and his name is ralph wilson. we're stuck with him, not the broncos.

Comment

• Discotrish
                  • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                  He better give credit, since the Broncos' defense is more responsible for their turnaround this year than he is.
                  Isn't this the same defense that went 1-4 before he was named starter? I think part of the point with Tebow is he seems to inspire the people around him to play bettter. I see the sages from a month or two back are conspicuously missing.

I will be back to post when Tebow loses!

Patti
                  Last edited by Discotrish; 12-15-2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Discotrish
                    Isn't this the same defense that went 1-4 before he was named starter?
                    Actually, no it's not. Dumervil, Bailey and DJ Williams all missed several games early in the year.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Discotrish
                      • Nov 2003

Tebow is polling better than Rick Perry in Iowa.

Patti

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
                        • Feb 2010

People making excuses for Tebow's success has to be one of the most hilarious things of 2011. This thread will blow up when the Pats beat the Broncos...the trolls are just waiting to pounce.
                        "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• Discotrish
                          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by SaviorEdwards
                          People making excuses for Tebow's success has to be one of the most hilarious things of 2011. This thread will blow up when the Pats beat the Broncos...the trolls are just waiting to pounce.
                          This game, along with the last couple, have shown that Tebow is much more of a quarterback than people give him credit for, particularly in the Passing Department. They couldn't overcome their second quarter mistakes today (you can't afford that against a team like the Patriots), but I can definitely see Tebow taking this team to a playoff victory.

Patti

Comment

• Mike13
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Discotrish
                            This game, along with the last couple, have shown that Tebow is much more of a quarterback than people give him credit for, particularly in the Passing Department. They couldn't overcome their second quarter mistakes today (you can't afford that against a team like the Patriots), but I can definitely see Tebow taking this team to a playoff victory.

Patti

Nope, he still sucks.
                            No other QB would be getting this much praise for playing average at best.

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Mike13
                              Nope, he still sucks.
                              No other QB would be getting this much praise for playing average at best.
                              No other first time starter who had a 7-2 on his resume? No other QB? Hmmm, I doubt that.
                              "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• Mike13
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by SaviorEdwards
                                No other first time starter who had a 7-2 on his resume? No other QB? Hmmm, I doubt that.
                                Have people completely ignored the fact that Denver has a great defense and a great running game?

They are winning in spite of Tebow not because of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍