• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Saint Tebow

An unnamed Lions defender shared this assessment of Tebow with Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports: “Can you believe 15? Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’”
    As Biblical figures go, Broncos Tim Tebow most often is compared to the Main Character of the New Testament (whose middle initial may or may not be "H").
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Tebow defenders will tell you this is all because the Broncos rushed him and wanted him to fail.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Tebow defenders will tell you this is all because the Broncos rushed him and wanted him to fail.
        I truly believe that somebody wanted them in the Luck Sweepstakes and never wanted Orton as the QB to start the year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
          God answers every prayer, but sometimes the answer is no.
          Wouldn't that mean your prayers aren't answered?
          Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 10-31-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Homegrown
            Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
            • Jul 2008

God hates the Bronco's ....

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i totally dislike tebow's religious righteousness that he and his fans love about themselves.

That being said, i am curious on why he is being taken through the ringer so bad. Even our dear Losman and Edwards were given more than enough chances to prove themselves. Yet today most people are all saying tebow is finished in 3-5 weeks.

Just from a football standpoint, i don't think that's fair. it's the hardest position in sports at the highest level. most guys need to get some time to get acclimated as the starter.

Yes, his stats are crap. but he was taken in the first round. and with that comes a lot of second chances. i feel like the denver management is just parading him out there without much help just to prove they don't want him because they didn't draft him.

I don't think he'll be a star or anything, but i don't think he's getting a fair shake. alot of decent qbs have started slowly and were left for dead too early. if tebow is serious about getting better, he may find a more forgiving place next year elsewhere.

Comment

• Mike13
                • Aug 2005

Did he thank Jesus after the game like last time?

Comment

• jcdavey
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Mike13
                  Did he thank Jesus after the game like last time?
                  i would bet him and some of his teammates met up with some of the lions after the game , somewhere on the field, to kneel and have a group prayer

i believe every team in the nfl does this after each game

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    i totally dislike tebow's religious righteousness that he and his fans love about themselves.

That being said, i am curious on why he is being taken through the ringer so bad. Even our dear Losman and Edwards were given more than enough chances to prove themselves. Yet today most people are all saying tebow is finished in 3-5 weeks.

Just from a football standpoint, i don't think that's fair. it's the hardest position in sports at the highest level. most guys need to get some time to get acclimated as the starter.

Yes, his stats are crap. but he was taken in the first round. and with that comes a lot of second chances. i feel like the denver management is just parading him out there without much help just to prove they don't want him because they didn't draft him.

I don't think he'll be a star or anything, but i don't think he's getting a fair shake. alot of decent qbs have started slowly and were left for dead too early. if tebow is serious about getting better, he may find a more forgiving place next year elsewhere.

Quick question, have you seen him play yet this season? If you havent I encourage you to try and watch him this coming weekend or whenever you can. His stats while very poor don't begin to tell the story. Its everything guys like Kiper and myself said it would be.

Though I will say his throw to Decker in the endzone when Decker fails to get a 2nd foot in bounds was a thing of beauty.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i've not seen him play with the exception of a couple miami game highlights.

i'm not saying he isn't going to be a bad qb...i had that feeling. but i'm just curious on how he is so bad that he won't get a couple shots. most first rounders get a couple shots to stick. Kyle Boller is still on a team for god sakes. everyone kind of fails at different things. it's just funny that he is being banished in a matter of weeks and it sounds like he has no shot of getting back on a team.

There has to be a better team next year that would pick him up for a decent wildcat package. it'll come a lot cheaper than what denver paid him for. and for the most part, he wants to be playing the game. you can't take that away from him.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

i've not seen him play with the exception of a couple miami game highlights.

i'm not saying he isn't going to be a bad qb...i had that feeling. but i'm just curious on how he is so bad that he won't get a couple shots. most first rounders get a couple shots to stick. Kyle Boller is still on a team for god sakes. everyone kind of fails at different things. it's just funny that he is being banished in a matter of weeks and it sounds like he has no shot of getting back on a team.

There has to be a better team next year that would pick him up for a decent wildcat package. it'll come a lot cheaper than what denver paid him for. and for the most part, he wants to be playing the game. you can't take that away from him.
                        He'll get a second shot but you have to keep in mind guys like Boller don't ignite fan bases and split locker rooms like Tebow is doing. Note Im not saying Denver's locker room is split but read some of their post game comments, they want to win not just go out there and get their asses kicked.

Decisive QB's don't get 2nd chances all that often though look at recent history with Leaf and Russell.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

decisive or divisive?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

decisive or divisive?
                            Your choice.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Fox will go back to Orton before Thanksgiving.

Comment

• mayotm
                                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                                Fox will go back to Orton before Thanksgiving.
                                I hope not. Was hoping he would start against Buffalo. Two shut outs in one season would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X