Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, Ruff needs to go

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, Ruff needs to go

Too many slow starts, inconsistent play, I am sick of him. Wish they replaced him before the year started. This team just goes through phases every year where they have no response to his stale coaching at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,649 Times in 17,504 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sorry, Ruff needs to go

Too early, and it's still preseason. Every season when the team hits a little slide the 'Ruff must go!' chants start up.

Wait and see how they do in the playoffs when the real games begin.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So many new things with this team from the top on down. Got to wait 40 games to really make a judgement.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

Ruff needs to take a page from Gailey's book, build your system around your players, not make your players play your system when they don't fit in your system.

Registered User TheGhostofJimKelly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It appears that Pegula is in man-love with Lindy so I would think that it won't happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,394 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    So many new things with this team from the top on down. Got to wait 40 games to really make a judgement.
    This happens every year- here's the timeline:

1. The team struggles
    2. Someone complains about the fact that the team is struggling
    3. Someone else points out that it's a long season and it's too early to draw conclusions.
    4. The original complainant responds by saying the problems plaguing the team are the same problems that have plagued them for years and will come back to bite them in the ass yet again because they were never properly addressed.
    5. The team ends up either missing the playoffs or, at best, having an early playoff exit.

Hmmm.......

I've been largely quiet on the Ruff issue because I thought the critics were being a little too harsh but I'm starting to come around. It's getting harder and harder to defend him. He had tons of talent in the Briere/Drury days and he has significantly better talent now than he's had the last couple of years, but he still can't get the job done.

It's just like with the Bills' struggles: the only consistent factor is Ralph. Well, with the Sabres, ownership has changed twice and the only consistent factor is Lindy Ruff. I like the fact that we have an ex-Buffalo Sabres tough guy as our coach, and there is no doubt that he has meant a lot to this franchise. But it's stupid to keep him around for loyalty when he isn't getting the job done.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Better chance of hitting the lottery than this, Miller needs replacing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    This happens every year- here's the timeline:

1. The team struggles
    2. Someone complains about the fact that the team is struggling
    3. Someone else points out that it's a long season and it's too early to draw conclusions.
    4. The original complainant responds by saying the problems plaguing the team are the same problems that have plagued them for years and will come back to bite them in the ass yet again because they were never properly addressed.
    5. The team ends up either missing the playoffs or, at best, having an early playoff exit.

Hmmm.......

I've been largely quiet on the Ruff issue because I thought the critics were being a little too harsh but I'm starting to come around. It's getting harder and harder to defend him. He had tons of talent in the Briere/Drury days and he has significantly better talent now than he's had the last couple of years, but he still can't get the job done.

It's just like with the Bills' struggles: the only consistent factor is Ralph. Well, with the Sabres, ownership has changed twice and the only consistent factor is Lindy Ruff. I like the fact that we have an ex-Buffalo Sabres tough guy as our coach, and there is no doubt that he has meant a lot to this franchise. But it's stupid to keep him around for loyalty when he isn't getting the job done.
    You fit under #2 and #4.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SabreEleven
    You fit under #2 and #4.
    Today, the part of Captain Obvious will be played by SabreEleven.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    Today, the part of Captain Obvious will be played by SabreEleven.
    Thank you, I'll be here all week....

Although I agree that Ruff is the change that needs to be made, they'll never let him go. They are convinced he is the answer. Who whould they bring in?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SabreEleven
    Thank you, I'll be here all week....

Although I agree that Ruff is the change that needs to be made, they'll never let him go. They are convinced he is the answer. Who whould they bring in?
    Al Arbour, LOL.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

Scotty Bowman

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wanted Kevin Dineen before he could get away. He was pretty familiar with a lot of the guys already. I doubt everything was exactly the same between he and Ruff. As for now, it is just complaining for me, I guess, there is no one that can really come in now, at least at any point in the season. Unless th Sabres are a complete debacle, Ruff would resign before being fired.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat

Wait and see how they do in the playoffs when the real games begin.
    Keep playing this way we wont make the playoffs.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The team started much worse last year and all these same things were said... why must it be said again this year?

The team will be fine and make the playoffs. They may not be the super team that for some reason they were pegged to be because they spent a lot of money, but they will win more than they lose and make the playoffs. Will they win the Stanley Cup? I sure hope so, but allow some chemistry to develop on the team first, and we'll talk Stanley Cup when the playoffs roll around.

Miller was a Vezina candidate after that Florida shutout just a couple weeks ago, and now people are calling for him to be replaced. People just need to calm down, its a long season.

Just because something doesn't go the way as planned doesn't mean you replace the head coach or goalie.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Electrici
    The team started much worse last year and all these same things were said... why must it be said again this year?

The team will be fine and make the playoffs. They may not be the super team that for some reason they were pegged to be because they spent a lot of money, but they will win more than they lose and make the playoffs. Will they win the Stanley Cup? I sure hope so, but allow some chemistry to develop on the team first, and we'll talk Stanley Cup when the playoffs roll around.

Miller was a Vezina candidate after that Florida shutout just a couple weeks ago, and now people are calling for him to be replaced. People just need to calm down, its a long season.

Just because something doesn't go the way as planned doesn't mean you replace the head coach or goalie.
    What about when things don't go as planned year after year after year after year after year? What about when the same problems- ex, PP- remain problems year after year after year after year? What about when these things happen year after year after year with different players, different ownership and different management, and the only consistent factor is the head coach?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo either runs a guy a out too quick, or sticks with a guy way too long. You can't just keep doing the same thing every year, taking the same girl to the dance, and never getting any, and asking the same girl over and over again. I believe Marv was here too long too, just my opinion, I don't see how you lose 2 Super Bowls then continue with the same coach, lose 3 and stay with same, then lose 4 and stay with the same. Sabres have had Ruff for way too long, I am fine if another would sweep RUff up immediately. Sabres need to see if another chick they take to dance will put out anymore than the last same chick has for years.

Veteran Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

relax...don't you know that the Sabres real season starts after the Bills are done playing . It always seems like the Sabres wait until the Bills are done then they turn it on.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

in retrospect,

when you make so many changes to the team, the team needs time to "mold" and get used to played with each other.

I bet its hard for Myers to play a shift without stopping to stare with mancrushism at regehr

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SkateZilla
    in retrospect,

when you make so many changes to the team, the team needs time to "mold" and get used to played with each other.

I bet its hard for Myers to play a shift without stopping to stare with mancrushism at regehr
    If that's the case, then how did they win 5 of the first 7?