Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Miller is in net, we need to score 5 or more every game

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

EDIT: If Miller is in net AT HOME, we need to score 5 or more every game

Perfect game to give Miller a chance to let 5 goals in for the whole game, the game was as ugly as sin.

Both teams looked horrible & Miller is not playing world class hockey.

EDIT: Every loss at home has Miller in the net & Miller hasn't lost one away game yet, which tells me he is dealing with something at home that he is not dealing with while away. Moral of the story is that we need to play Enroth at home & Miller away, LOL.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule...buffalo-sabres
    Last edited by Skooby; 11-09-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: If Miller is in net, we need to score 5 or more every game

did you really need to make another thread to ***** about Miller???? we all understand that you don't like him and would rather see Enroth who hasn't even played 1/2 a season as an NHLer.... yes Miller is struggling, but he's not gonna get any better or more confident by sitting on the bench. Defense sucked for both teams all game long, yes there were a couple goals that Miller needed to stop, but didn't. ***** happens. be happy we aren't Atlanta and lose our team.
    2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
    2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
    2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
    2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpillerThrills
    did you really need to make another thread to ***** about Miller???? we all understand that you don't like him and would rather see Enroth who hasn't even played 1/2 a season as an NHLer.... yes Miller is struggling, but he's not gonna get any better or more confident by sitting on the bench. Defense sucked for both teams all game long, yes there were a couple goals that Miller needed to stop, but didn't. ***** happens. be happy we aren't Atlanta and lose our team.
    We need to collect all the points we can get & babysitting Miller with his poor attitude is not going to make it all better. I cannot see how anyone in their right mind is happy with this garbage we are witnessing. Miller sucks & he doesn't give us the best chance to get all those precious points needed to enter the real season (Playoffs).

P.S. OP is right, giving up points to conference opponents is a kiss of death down the line, win or lose in OT.
    Last edited by Skooby; 11-08-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

lmao

some fans are so freakin stupid
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
    We need to collect all the points we can get & babysitting Miller with his poor attitude is not going to make it all better. I cannot see how anyone in their right mind is happy with this garbage we are witnessing. Miller sucks & he doesn't give us the best chance to get all those precious points needed to enter the real season (Playoffs).

P.S. OP is right, giving up points to conference opponents is a kiss of death down the line, win or lose in OT.

are you and OP related??? twin brothers maybe???? I understand that points are important, I'm not debating that. but i would rather have Miller hit a rough skid early in the season like he is now than late in the year when we're in a playoff race. no goalie is gonna have a perfect year, no matter what his name is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead
    lmao

some fans are so freakin stupid
    Field the best team, that gives you highest probability of victory. If that's stupidity then you're Steven Hawkins after a severe stroke.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpillerThrills
    are you and OP related??? twin brothers maybe???? I understand that points are important, I'm not debating that. but i would rather have Miller hit a rough skid early in the season like he is now than late in the year when we're in a playoff race. no goalie is gonna have a perfect year, no matter what his name is.
    I don't want a perfect year, I just want a goalie that's currently playing at a better than average NHL level. That isn't Ryan Miller out there, that's a man with his mind on other things. Great family guy, go home & play with your kids.
    Last edited by Skooby; 11-08-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Miller was shaky, but the defense in front of him was ten times worse. Myers-Sekera was face palm worthy all night.

People trying to run him out of town after two bad games where he's gotten no defensive help are idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis
    Miller was shaky, but the defense in front of him was ten times worse. Myers-Sekera was face palm worthy all night.

People trying to run him out of town after two bad games where he's gotten no defensive help are idiots.
    I'm not saying we need to get rid of him or run him out of town, you play the hotter goaltender. You're telling me right now that Miller gives the Sabres a better chance to win versus Enroth right now??

Enroth plays 2 out of the 3 games this weekend, that's my prediction.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Enroth is playing better than Miller is.

Deal with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Marty Biron is playing better than Lundqvist.

Small sample sizes = irrelevant points

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Worry about getting your own 2 points first and worry about "conference gimme points" later. Sabres are 3 or 4 points back from the Conference lead with a game in hand. Clearly, they are the worst team ever and Miller should be in the minors.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Electrici
    Worry about getting your own 2 points first and worry about "conference gimme points" later. Sabres are 3 or 4 points back from the Conference lead with a game in hand. Clearly, they are the worst team ever and Miller should be in the minors.
    You play the players that are playing the best, that's how you win. Do you remember sitting the Captain of the team last season, is it because he was our best player or other people were playing better.

I know it's unpopular but Enroth is playing better than Miller, by a landslide. If Miller needs to play house for a little while, go nuts & lets watch the team win with Enroth in net.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis
    Marty Biron is playing better than Lundqvist.

Small sample sizes = irrelevant points
    These guys are not on our team & Marty Biron is not a undefeated rookie, so weigh that back in the equation.
    Last edited by Skooby; 11-09-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Electrici
    no, you don't worry about conference "gimmie" points later. You worry about them while you're playing the game because that's when you have the opportunity to ensure that the other team doesn't get one.

If you worry about them later, you could end up finding out that the 2 or 3 conference "gimmie" points that you gave up bite you in the ass in terms of playoff positioning.

I didn't see the game last night and I only heard the 3rd period on the radio, but it sounds like Myers played like **** again, Miller was shaky, and in the 3rd period there was a lot of 5-on-4 PP time that wasn't utilized effectively (the PP goal in the 3rd was a 5 on 3, and the game winner in OT was a 4-on-3). It was good to see Roy break his slump but this team still has serious issues.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

80% of the goals against miller this season have been on Defensive lapses,

Players on Breakaways, Players Skating to the net untouched, players intercepting bad passes and going to the net un touched, players get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances at the puck when the defense shoulda done cleared it away from the crease.

review the GDT, and look at how many times Myers and Sekera's names were involved... if it wasnt one it was the other leaving people un attended, and everytime they skate in on miller alone.

Its not just the Defensmen either, the only Two Forwards i saw making an effort to get back and play D was Vanek and Roy (sometimes Adam and Gaustad). for the most part they seem to float in the DZone, and be the first to turn and skate out of the zone when we dont have clear possesion or when we do, but we are still pinned to the end boards, thus leading to odd man advantage down low for the other team.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    no, you don't worry about conference "gimmie" points later. You worry about them while you're playing the game because that's when you have the opportunity to ensure that the other team doesn't get one.

If you worry about them later, you could end up finding out that the 2 or 3 conference "gimmie" points that you gave up bite you in the ass in terms of playoff positioning.

I didn't see the game last night and I only heard the 3rd period on the radio, but it sounds like Myers played like **** again, Miller was shaky, and in the 3rd period there was a lot of 5-on-4 PP time that wasn't utilized effectively (the PP goal in the 3rd was a 5 on 3, and the game winner in OT was a 4-on-3). It was good to see Roy break his slump but this team still has serious issues.

You saved yourself a serious blood-pressure rise, Miller was giving off rebounds like nobodies business. Defense lapses occur when your goalie cannot control the puck as well you know, people forget that. Some of the goals were not his fault but only after some serious wires got crossed, Miller misplayed a few as well.

We got 1 net point on a conference opponent, yeah.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SkateZilla
    80% of the goals against miller this season have been on Defensive lapses,

Players on Breakaways, Players Skating to the net untouched, players intercepting bad passes and going to the net un touched, players get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances at the puck when the defense shoulda done cleared it away from the crease.

review the GDT, and look at how many times Myers and Sekera's names were involved... if it wasnt one it was the other leaving people un attended, and everytime they skate in on miller alone.

Its not just the Defensmen either, the only Two Forwards i saw making an effort to get back and play D was Vanek and Roy (sometimes Adam and Gaustad). for the most part they seem to float in the DZone, and be the first to turn and skate out of the zone when we dont have clear possesion or when we do, but we are still pinned to the end boards, thus leading to odd man advantage down low for the other team.
    No doubt the D isn't playing up to par, but if it's on the D and not the goalie, explain why the team gives up a lot fewer goals with Enroth in net instead of Miller.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

how many posts were hit behind enroth the last couple games?

goals are being scored the same way (defense miscues on someone and someone else gets a clear path to the net).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    No doubt the D isn't playing up to par, but if it's on the D and not the goalie, explain why the team gives up a lot fewer goals with Enroth in net instead of Miller.
    LOL, it's a fan's fantasy that certain players can't play poorly. Miller will improve, it's just obvious that he's not playing up to his standards. Enroth has no standard except winning this season, so I'll take winning first over debate.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Every loss at home has Miller in the net & Miller hasn't lost one away game yet, which tells me he is dealing with something at home that he is not dealing with while away. Moral of the story, play Enroth at home & Miller away (LOL).

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule...buffalo-sabres
    Last edited by Skooby; 11-09-2011 at 11:05 AM.