• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Vanek and Roy

Originally posted by Philagape
    They beat a division rival by four goals, they've won four in a row and have won twice as many games as they've lost. And they have two top-10 points scorers.

I mean, there's got to be something to complain about somewhere in there, right?
    Yup, complaining about nothing. That's why we lost 6-2 tonight right?

Once again, no ability to see the larger picture.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
      I am actually laughing here, do you even watch hockey? Every player in the NHL does the same thing, even the players that are considered great. I think this is just *****ing for the point of *****ing.
      Cop out. "everyone else ****s up too" is not a reason or an excuse for ****ing up.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Cop out. "everyone else ****s up too" is not a reason or an excuse for ****ing up.
        So what you are saying is the best players in this league score every night? They don't go into stretches where they don't score? I guess I am wrong then, I didn't realize the league had that many 80 goal scorers.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

So nothing less than perfection is acceptable? No wonder ....................
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

So what you are saying is the best players in this league score every night? They don't go into stretches where they don't score? I guess I am wrong then, I didn't realize the league had that many 80 goal scorers.
            No, you are creating a false dichotomy.

It's not "score every night" or "be inconsistent."

The inconsistency that Roy and Vanek have shown over their careers is NOT me saying that they don't score every night. They go cold for LONG stretches, not just a few game here or there like true scorers do.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

So nothing less than perfection is acceptable? No wonder ....................
              Yeah, look at the last 8 or 9 games the Sabres has played.... sure looks acceptable to me
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Yeah, look at the last 8 or 9 games the Sabres has played.... sure looks acceptable to me
                They won four in a row before last night. They've done more right than wrong this year, but your commentary has not reflected it. You are you conspicuously quieter when they do well ... or, you just go further out of your way to find something wrong, which there always is because no team is perfect.
                Last edited by Philagape; 11-13-2011, 11:27 AM.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

You are really being unreasonable Opiv. It's sad actually how misguided you are.
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

They won four in a row before last night. They've done more right than wrong this year, but your commentary has not reflected it. You are you conspicuously quieter when they do well ... or, you just go further out of your way to find something wrong, which there always is because no team is perfect.
                    And in 2 of those 4 wins, they only scored 2 goals in regulation, and in one of them they gave up the free point to a division rival. And in one of them they gave up 5 goals at home to a very mediocre Winnipeg team.

It may get the immediate job done, but it does not bode well for this season.

This is what you refuse to see because you look at each game in a vacuum. Flaws in the team were shown over the last 8 or 9 games, and they WILL come back to haunt us. But, you can dismiss it as me wanting perfection because that's easier than dealing with the reality of the flaws in this team, right?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hydro
                      You are really being unreasonable Opiv. It's sad actually how misguided you are.
                      Lmao- see post above.

I'm saying what people don't want to hear. The unreasonable part is that no one wants to listen- you guys just want to dismiss it as me *****ing to ***** or demanding perfection.

But don't worry- reality will kick you in the nuts and prove me right, as it always does.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

I watched Vanek make several bad passes, if you're not going to score just don't cause your team momentum.

Hockey is a little mix of emotion, talent, passion & skill. That's why guys who would get near killed in any other professional sport can play it. Don't stop the flow or momentum, Vanek making boneheaded passes infuriate me. It's almost like he's trying to be something he's not, like defensive.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

No, you are creating a false dichotomy.

It's not "score every night" or "be inconsistent."

The inconsistency that Roy and Vanek have shown over their careers is NOT me saying that they don't score every night. They go cold for LONG stretches, not just a few game here or there like true scorers do.
                          No, they play like most other players in the league. It is how it is through the entire league. Players are great for stretches, then they are cold. The players, if there are any, that are consistently good, are not available to you. I am talking Vanek here, I am certainly not going to defend Roy.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

No, they play like most other players in the league. It is how it is through the entire league. Players are great for stretches, then they are cold. The players, if there are any, that are consistently good, are not available to you. I am talking Vanek here, I am certainly not going to defend Roy.
                            I'll give you that Vanek has been consistently good so far THIS season. Yeah, he's had a bad game here or there, but like you said, no one scores every night in hockey.

However, over the course of his career, Vanek has gone cold for long stretches. Hopefully he's gotten over that and he'll be consistent for the entire season, but I won't believe it until I see it. The fact that perhaps his worst game cane during Roy's best is discouraging.

Sometimes I wonder if guys on this team take nights off when they see other guys playing well. Obviously, I'm not on the bench or in the locker room so I have no proof of this, but it would explain why Milller has had to pull so many wins out of his ass the last couple of seasons and why Vanek and Roy can never seem to get it going at the same time.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                            X