Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vanek and Roy

Thanks
    Thanked 26,317 Times in 13,737 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Vanek and Roy

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that this team has no true scorers.

At the start of last season, Roy was hot and Vanek was cold before Roy got injured.

This season, Vanek has been hot but Roy has been ice cold.

The last couple of games, Roy stepped it up but now Vanek is back to last year's form.

This team could be dangerous if these two could get it going at the same time, but they are both too inconsistent.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Vanek and Roy

vanek scored two goals last game and is second in the NHL in goals, #7 in points despite playing less games than almost everyone with more

WTF are you talking about

not to mention roy was still recovering from an injury at the beginning of the year and is still getting back to 100%... now that he's healthier he's more productive. who would've thought?
    Last edited by Crisis; 11-11-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

and then vanek sets up adam's goal

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that this team has no true scorers.

At the start of last season, Roy was hot and Vanek was cold before Roy got injured.

This season, Vanek has been hot but Roy has been ice cold.

The last couple of games, Roy stepped it up but now Vanek is back to last year's form.

This team could be dangerous if these two could get it going at the same time, but they are both too inconsistent.
    Agreed but Roy has to get a few games to make love & Vanek is finding new friends to assist, so it looks like a plan coming together. I can't look at a few lousy passes & call Vanek all that is evil
    Last edited by Skooby; 11-11-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis
    vanek scored two goals last game and is second in the NHL in goals, #7 in points despite playing less games than almost everyone with more

WTF are you talking about

not to mention roy was still recovering from an injury at the beginning of the year and is still getting back to 100%... now that he's healthier he's more productive. who would've thought?
    Well, Vanek is playing like **** tonight despite setting up Adam. He made some sloppy cross ice passes and took 2 penalties in the 1st, including an offensive zone penalty. If you can't see that, it just shows your bias.

And Roy got injured in December of LAST year. That injury recovery was just Rob Ray and Harry Neale's bull**** excuse for Roy's sloppy play.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

my bias? vanek has TWO bad periods and you're jumping all over him. He's #2 in the NHL in goalscoring and you're *****ing about his inconsistency, where's the bias here again?

It's pretty common knowledge that Roy wasn't 100% to start the season, and still isn't now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

there's plenty of things to ***** about with this team but thomas vanek having two bad periods in a game we're winning 5-1 isn't one of them

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

my bias? vanek has TWO bad periods and you're jumping all over him. He's #2 in the NHL in goalscoring and you're *****ing about his inconsistency, where's the bias here again?

It's pretty common knowledge that Roy wasn't 100% to start the season, and still isn't now.
    It's not common knowledge- it's excuses.

And as far as bias- 2 periods, lmao.

When was the last time Vanek and Roy were both hot at the same time? Has it EVER happened?

You're looking at it in a vacuum.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just watching Roy at the beginning of the year you could tell he wasn't all there yet.

Vanek is top 5 in scoring right now, who's *****ing about his production right now exactly?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just watching Roy at the beginning of the year you could tell he wasn't all there yet.

Vanek is top 5 in scoring right now, who's *****ing about his production right now exactly?
    He's talking about 2 guys playing like winners, that's what it's going to take to overcome years of frustration.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
    He's talking about 2 guys playing like winners, that's what it's going to take to overcome years of frustration.
    Again, one guy is top 5 in the NHL in points and the other guy is starting to heat up after coming back from an injury. He's *****ing about nothing.

Anything less than a goal a shift for Vanek = failure.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Sabres won..... let's talk about all the bad things!!! I, for one, am going to enjoy the win and crack open a beer. 'Til the next game, gentlemen.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Again, one guy is top 5 in the NHL in points and the other guy is starting to heat up after coming back from an injury. He's *****ing about nothing.

Anything less than a goal a shift for Vanek = failure.
    Bedwetting plays show up for those who are watching, the announcers even talked about it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bedwetting plays show up for those who are watching, the announcers even talked about it.
    Vanek had a bad game.... and still managed to show up on the scoresheet and set up Adam's goal directly. That's exactly what a scorer does, which is what Op is complaining about here.

It's mainly just the fact that Op was *****ing about a guy who's over a PPG this year and one of the NHL leaders, while the Sabres were leading 3-1. I guess he just needed something else to complain about because the game didn't go into OT.
    Last edited by Crisis; 11-11-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Vanek had a bad game.... and still managed to show up on the scoresheet and set up Adam's goal directly. That's exactly what a scorer does, which is what Op is complaining about here.

It's mainly just the fact that Op was *****ing about a guy who's over a PPG this year and one of the NHL leaders, while the Sabres were leading 3-1. I guess he just needed something else to complain about because the game didn't go into OT.
    I find him looking for the team leaders to lead, we won but we need to win based not on our leaders handing away opportunities that can lead to goals. You want to win against the best teams, then you don't fail in baisc plays.

OP never said the team didn't play well, Vanek played less than acceptable being a leader. He has a A on his jersey, not a L.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Electrici
    The Sabres won..... let's talk about all the bad things!!! I, for one, am going to enjoy the win and crack open a beer. 'Til the next game, gentlemen.
    We have 5 losses with probably one of the most taletned teams out there, we should win without leaders failing to lead.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I find him looking for the team leaders to lead, we won but we need to win based not on our leaders handing away opportunities that can lead to goals. You want to win against the best teams, then you don't fail in baisc plays.

OP never said the team didn't play well, Vanek played less than acceptable being a leader. He has a A on his jersey, not a L.
    Vanek is a legitimate MVP candidate right now, calling him out is just plain stupid... calling him out the game after he scored a game-winning overtime goal no less.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We have 5 losses with probably one of the most taletned teams out there, we should win without leaders failing to lead.
    Production from people wearing letters is the last thing anyone should be complaining about this season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can you tell me the point of examining the game under a microscope like so? You're talking about Vanek turnovers that had no bearing on the game whatsoever. Could they have turned into goals? Sure. Guess what, no one is perfect... Vanek makes mistakes and so will everyone else.. lots of times. The fact that you have to force the issue when the Sabres won by 4 goals; allowing just one... well... I don't even know what to say. Honestly, who cares?

He made some mistakes, yes, IMO this does not make any difference toward his leadership qualities. Have you ever played sports? Made a mistake(s) in a game? Were your leadership traits affected? I think they should be strengthened due to the adversity... but I get back to my main point: Who cares?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So Op is ripping on Vanek who is one of the best players in the league so far this year??? AFTER a 5-1 win?

What a dumbass