X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Miller

I wonder if the Sabres players have grown to hate Miller or if he has become a locker room cancer. They way they have been playing in front of him, his responses in the media this season, his extra soft goals, and of course, there lack of response to the hit leads me to believe he is socially seperated from the team.

If this is true, it sounds like it's time to trade him. You could be the greatest goalie in the world (which he supposely is) but if your team hates you, it might be time to move on.
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Miller

I was leading down this path as well until I heard that the "bronx clap" Miller got from our fans against the Jets fueled the team to want to win. Or at least that is what Roy said.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I just brought this up in the other thread, concussion or not seems like a good time to let him rest a week or two.

Although there was nothing he could do on those 2 on 1's. Not his fault there.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Miller needs to sit for a stretch and see if he can figure out where the hell is head is, because it's not in he game.

the concussion will definitely keep him out for a stretch so if Enroth plays hot during this stretch then I would say Miller's days as a Sabre are numbered
        Last edited by ddaryl; 11-14-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
          I just brought this up in the other thread, concussion or not seems like a good time to let him rest a week or two.

Although there was nothing he could do on those 2 on 1's. Not his fault there.
          The 2 and 1's aren't his fault because the players in front of him don't like him so they don't play that hard.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Sorry guys.

In 2010, I got the St Pat's Day Sabres shirt with Miller on the back. The curse continues...

In my defense, I wanted Gaustad but Miller was the only Sabre they offered.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

maybe they don't like that he's an American?

I think that whole line of thinking is BS.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Sorry guys.

In 2010, I got the St Pat's Day Sabres shirt with Miller on the back. The curse continues...

son of a ...

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                  son of a ...
                  I figured the luck o' the Irish would cancel out the curse. Apparently I don't know as much about superstition as I thought.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Sorry guys.

Should have walked a way, man, should have walked away.....

Comment

• rbochan
                      Zamboni Driver
                      • Jun 2008

Miller should demand a trade so he can play with a team that will have his back.
                      ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                      it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• 2slowtogofast
                        • Sep 2007

I don't know but there is defintly something wrong with miller. Hopefully he gets it back on track. Also lets hope Enroth steps up and plays like he has been playing

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Explore the pulse of the sports world with FanNation, brought to you by Sports Illustrated. Engage with top stories, expert insights, and curated content from all major sports teams and leagues, all in one dynamic platform.

The Sabres are under fire. [Buffalo] got savaged in the North American media and on the Internet on Sunday for not responding to Milan Lucic's bulldozing of Ryan Miller on Saturday night in Boston. They apparently heard about it in strong terms as well from coach Lindy Ruff and General Manager Darcy Regier during a meeting Sunday in the Bell Centre. And things took on a much more ominous tone later in the evening, when Regier told The Buffalo News that Miller has a concussion and will be out an undetermined period. ... Any concussion is serious, given the increased emphasis on their diagnosis and treatment by the NFL and NHL. But Miller's is of particular concern because it's his second in eight months.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...#ixzz1dhBBpND4

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

Everything I've heard is that Miller is one of the real leaders of this team. I don't think it's that people don't want to stick up for him, they're just too big of pussies when push comes to shove.

All this talk about not stepping on the logo in the locker room, and then they let their franchise goalie get run like that? Pussies.
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Crisis
                              Everything I've heard is that Miller is one of the real leaders of this team. I don't think it's that people don't want to stick up for him, they're just too big of pussies when push comes to shove.

All this talk about not stepping on the logo in the locker room, and then they let their franchise goalie get run like that? Pussies.
                              Ya, they did Puss out.
                              Last edited by Skooby; 11-14-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X