Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aaron Maybin with the game winning sack and forced fumble!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 30,662 Times in 17,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Aaron Maybin with the game winning sack and forced fumble!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paladin warrior
    Shut the F^^K Fishbreath
    Best.
    Post.
    Of.
    The.
    Thread.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i was watching that game yesterday, while listening to the Bills, and i just shook my head. the guy didn't do **** here, in Buffalo, and he looks like Pro Bowl material with the Jets. unfrickin real....
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    i was watching that game yesterday, while listening to the Bills, and i just shook my head. the guy didn't do **** here, in Buffalo, and he looks like Pro Bowl material with the Jets. unfrickin real....
    i dunno, most of the plays maybin was making before hand were indecisive qb's holding onto the ball for too long...

the sack on rex grossman though, that was a beauty.
    i think it was more, maybin pouting not wanting to be in buffalo, and making the $$. i still think he's too small for DL though

j-e-t-s
    jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the guy still only comes in on passing downs. he has a great secondary and a decent DL in NJ.

i doubt dhenderson and 624, the same guy, would be willing to pay a rookie contract for a guy who only comes around the outside.

oooo, 6 sacks. he is getting owned on most other plays. You guys have him at his peak.enjoy it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont care who makes plays, just as long as it helps us win.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The bottom line is that the guy is doing something with the Jets that the Bills desperately need.
    You can spin it any way you want, but what Ryan has shown us is that he is able to get something out of the guy that Chan Gailey couldn't-mainly because Gailey didn't like what he saw in practice & never gave the guy a chance.
    The Gailey appologists can continue to think the guy is a good coach because his team is slightly more exciting than Jauron's were on offense, but the bottom line is Gailey is a mediocre coach who entrusted his defense to a guy (Edwards) who has no business being a DC. As a result, Gailey & his incompetent assistant didn't know how to use a guy that a more competent group of coaches have put into the situations where he could succeed.
    Let's stop getting angry at the Jets & their fans for Maybin's success & blame the guys responsible for his failure-Gailey & Edwards.

Registered User Extremebillsfan247's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rex Ryan > George Edwards in terms of getting the most out of his defensive players has a lot to do with Maybin's production. JMO

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You can make excuses for Maybin's sacks if you want but the guy is getting it done mainly as a 3rd down pass rushing threat. If he was still with us and had 6 sacks and a few forced fumbles everyone would be getting excited about him and talking about how he finally turned the corner.

Hell we had people here last year calling Arthur Moats the next James Harrison and/or a reliable starter that we can count on for years because of a couple sacks and he has been garbage. At least give credit where credit is due whether you want to admit it or not or if they are on a team of one of our rivals.

For whatever reason he didn't do anything here. It could've been him not ready for the NFL or our lousy coaching staff. For them not to get anything out of him in two years I would say it's a little bit of both especially when the following season Rex Ryan is getting good production out of him.

He has more sacks then anybody else on our team and if you take away the Redskin game which was a fluke he has about half of the sacks as the rest of our team combined for the entire season.

At least give credit where credit is due. If some of them were coverage sacks then big deal. Every pass rusher will get coverage sacks here and there plus he was the one making the play and not somebody else on the Jets during that "coverage sack"

That's like saying if you take away every good run Jackson had because our line opened up a big hole for him then his YPC was pretty low this year. Face it that Maybin is getting it done when we couldn't get anything out of him. It doesn't mean he is a sure thing as a good starter the rest of his career but this season Rex Ryan is using his talents very well and he is performing when he has the chance.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 12-08-2011 at 03:18 PM.