Thread: Tootoo gets too games

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

Tootoo gets too games

Tootoo gets too game suspension for hit on Miller. Looking for a link. I just wanted to beat LW to the punch which I'm sure he'll start a whole new thread.

*edit*

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=605024
    Last edited by SabreEleven; 12-06-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tootoo gets too games

Kind of dumb, actually.

He's getting the suspension that Lucic should've gotten, victim of circumstance.

Meet the new boss... same as the old one!
    Last edited by Crisis; 12-06-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,313 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wonder if the Tootoo incident would have happened if Lucic had gotten the 2+ games he should have...

Once again, the NHL proves that who gets suspended has more to do with whatever safety issue they're pushing, the team the offending player plays for, and the offender's history much more so than the actual dangerous play in question.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    I wonder if the Tootoo incident would have happened if Lucic had gotten the 2+ games he should have...

Once again, the NHL proves that who gets suspended has more to do with whatever safety issue they're pushing, the team the offending player plays for, and the offender's history much more so than the actual dangerous play in question.
    It's the direct result of the GMs telling Shanahan they didn't like how he handled the Lucic situation... but once again, it just makes the NHL look like a joke.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yep. Lucic's was SOOOO Much worse.

TooToo was trying to avoid Miller almost.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

two wasn't too much

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    two wasn't too much
    *too

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR
    Yep. Lucic's was SOOOO Much worse.

TooToo was trying to avoid Miller almost.
    I agree, Thurm. The Lucic hit was a lot more blatant - Lucic clearly went out of his way to slam Miller as hard as he could. Lucic was clearly trying to take out Miller, and he DID - for 8 games.

You could call the Tootoo hit more incidental, based on the fact that Tootoo was going fast to the net, and he was boxed in by the Sabre player skating next to him. In fact, the Sabre player pushed him towards the net. It looked spectacular, but I don't think Tootoo was deliberately trying to take out Miller. And Miller didn't get hurt.

I don't know how Shanahan can justify NOT suspending Lucic, but suspending Tootoo. It's just ridiculous. It's like he's playing favorites with the teams - because Boston is a bigger city, and has a bigger fan base, they get the kid glove treatment, and Nashville takes a whipping instead.

Somebody in the media should really grill Shanahan on this inconsistency at his next presser.
    Last edited by Cleve; 12-06-2011 at 01:35 PM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

2-4-2-2
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve
    I agree, Thurm. The Lucic hit was a lot more blatant - Lucic clearly went out of his way to slam Miller as hard as he could. Lucic was clearly trying to take out Miller, and he DID - for 8 games.

You could call the Tootoo hit more incidental, based on the fact that Tootoo was going fast to the net, and he was boxed in by the Sabre player skating next to him. In fact, the Sabre player pushed him towards the net. It looked spectacular, but I don't think Tootoo was deliberately trying to take out Miller. And Miller didn't get hurt.

I don't know how Shanahan can justify NOT suspending Lucic, but suspending Tootoo. It's just ridiculous. It's like he's playing favorites with the teams - because Boston is a bigger city, and has a bigger fan base, they get the kid glove treatment, and Nashville takes a whipping instead.

Somebody in the media should really grill Shanahan on this inconsistency at his next presser.
    I'm not defending Shanahan because I think he should have set a precedent with the original Lucic hit on Miller, but the inconsistency is because of the mandate the GMs sent in response to decision on Lucic... GMs were not happy with the precedent set by the Lucic hit, and since this happened after that mandate... Shanahan had to suspend Tootoo. Like I said, it's a victim of circumstance... but I would've been fine with the penalties he received on the ice at the time and no further punishment for Tootoo.

Lucic on the other hand, should've been suspended for atleast two games... and Tootoo for none. It's just how it works when the NHL wants to emphasize something. Shanahan shouldn't have ****ed up the first time and just punished Lucic, and this wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis
    I'm not defending Shanahan because I think he should have set a precedent with the original Lucic hit on Miller, but the inconsistency is because of the mandate the GMs sent in response to decision on Lucic... GMs were not happy with the precedent set by the Lucic hit, and since this happened after that mandate... Shanahan had to suspend Tootoo. Like I said, it's a victim of circumstance... but I would've been fine with the penalties he received on the ice at the time and no further punishment for Tootoo.

Lucic on the other hand, should've been suspended for atleast two games... and Tootoo for none. It's just how it works when the NHL wants to emphasize something. Shanahan shouldn't have ****ed up the first time and just punished Lucic, and this wouldn't be a problem.
    I understand it - it's politics. It would be good to see Shanahan squirming though, trying to save face while being grilled. It was ridiculous he didn't take action against Lucic because his act was far more blatant, and the consequences devastating, than Tootoo's.

Maybe next time a similar scenario occurs Shanahan will actually grow a pair and act like a man, and do the right thing from the start.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If Too Too's was 2 games, then Lucic's should of been a month off.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I guess running the goalie is equal to a blowjob gesture.
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.