Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bang or Bucks

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

2012 Bang or Bucks

I want to start building the team list for the 2012 version of this game. Please let me know if you will be participating below.

The major changes:

This season will kick off with an entry draft you be able to select any of the existing cards in a 3 round draft. Each round will have a dollar value.

1st Round: 50,000
    2nd Round:30,000
    3rd round: 20,000

The major change is there will be no cap. Each team will begin the game with 200,000 so essentially when the auction portion of the game kicks off you'll have 3 cards already valued at 100,000 and 200,000 available. Anyone excepting bribes or circumventing our standard cap will be ineligible for the game. We want an equal playing field. If you decide to spend your ZB's on an avatar or a user title that's your prerogative but it will effect your ability to spend money in the game.

After our draft concludes we will begin with the daily auctions again. Exact same rules as last year. PM me bids using the Name - Dollar Subject line.

Free Agency: If you decide you no longer want a card and you can not find a suitable trading partner you can put your card up for auction. This time you manage the auction. You let me know you're selling a card. I'll post it for auction. The winner will pay you directly, So if you bought the card for 50,000 and it sold for 20,000 you're out 30,000. Which will mean something since everyone will have the same cap.

There will be a stash of Free Agents to start the game these girls will be posted in quick Free Agent Flash auctions. So brief windows to cash in some of the value girls in the game.

The cards will no longer have a dollar value on them making my life a little easier with your transactions. You will post the card in your signature as usual and type the value underneath. I will be keeping track so don't be a douche.

Challenges: Lastly I really wanted to add a new feature to increase competition between you. This is totally optional. But if you want a chance to make a few extra bucks you can challenge another zoner. Each of you can put one of your cards head to head with a chance to win some cash. You don't have to do it, but it could help you get an edge. (Challenge Pricing Structure TBD)

Any teams that decide to join after the draft will be given 250,000 to start with. They will not start with three cards.

I think this covers everything. Please let me know if you plan on participating.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2012 Bang or Bucks

I'm in. Is the draft order going to be based on how we did this year (evaluations) or random?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Based on the results I think. The logical method would be to do it that way. But the scoring is all over the place right now, not sure where that's going to land.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm in. This year I'm starting from the start rather than the last 3 weeks.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In, Question though. What if we decide to skip our first round pick. Can we get say an additional 2 and 3 ?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,585 Times in 17,461 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd like to participate, but I'm not able to get online much, if at all, on weekdays so I might be a drag on the draft.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by utmhead
    In, Question though. What if we decide to skip our first round pick. Can we get say an additional 2 and 3 ?
    absolutely not. F'n Patriots fans.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We would be starting in Jan by the way,.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    I'd like to participate, but I'm not able to get online much, if at all, on weekdays so I might be a drag on the draft.
    Since only the cards that are currently out are eligible for auction, perhaps making your "preference list" would be a good idea? You could submit it to another player (or Bedard himself) beforehand to picks can be made for you, if you're unable to be online?

-Bill
    Last edited by BLeonard; 12-06-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OK, here's the questions I have so far:

1. The "first three" cards are a total of $100k... So, everyone has $200k to work with AFTER those three cards ($300k total) I assume, since anyone joining afterward gets $250k

2. What about people that have more than $300k in zonebucks?

3. What if a card that goes to free agency sells for more than it's original value? Can the player selling the card then spend the excess? I assume no, but want to make sure.

4. Say I have a card that sold for $25k and make an "even up" trade for a card that sold for $30k... Does the $5k difference hit me?

5. Can Draft Picks be traded? For example, could I trade my first round pick for YardRat's 2nd & 3rd rounders (assuming he agrees, of course)?

6. I assume that we'll be able to request new pics to be used for any cards that are drafted?

7. Will the draft be Fixed or Serpentine style?

Just a bit confusing, since first you say there is "no cap," but later, you say "everyone will have the same cap." The way I'm understanding it, though, it's going to be the way Miyagi suggested, where you can spend your cash however you want, but once you hit $300k, you're done.

I'm most likley in, just wanted to get some things clarified, so there's no questions on them later.

-Bill
    Last edited by The King; 12-07-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In
    After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,279 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm in too.

Just to be clear, there is no cap for the first 3 chicks, but after that, there is a standard 200,000 cap? The wording is kind of weird on that. just want to clarify.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sure

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let me ellaborate.

There is no cap. But you will each start the game with the same amount of money. So those of you who have more than 200K will need to ditch your excess.

So by using the challenges feature you can bank whatever you need.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard
    OK, here's the questions I have so far:

1. The "first three" cards are a total of $100k... So, everyone has $200k to work with AFTER those three cards ($300k total) I assume, since anyone joining afterward gets $250k Correct

2. What about people that have more than $300k in zonebucks? Everyone must agree to be on the level 200,000 playing field. Let's be honest there's a minimal use for ZB's outside of this game.

3. What if a card that goes to free agency sells for more than it's original value? Can the player selling the card then spend the excess? I assume no, but want to make sure. A Free Agent Card can not sell more than it's value. If you want to sell a card for a higher value it has to be done outside of Free Agency. Free Agency should be a last resort.

4. Say I have a card that sold for $25k and make an "even up" trade for a card that sold for $30k... Does the $5k difference hit me? No cap so have at it.

5. Can Draft Picks be traded? For example, could I trade my first round pick for YardRat's 2nd & 3rd rounders (assuming he agrees, of course)? No. But you can trade cards you drafted after the game begins.

6. I assume that we'll be able to request new pics to be used for any cards that are drafted? When you draft you girl do so with the picture you'd like. Don't PM me or send it later, I'm trying to reduce the amount of work on my end.

7. Will the draft be Fixed or Serpentine style? SErp.

Just a bit confusing, since first you say there is "no cap," but later, you say "everyone will have the same cap." The way I'm understanding it, though, it's going to be the way Miyagi suggested, where you can spend your cash however you want, but once you hit $300k, you're done. I believe I have clarified this.

I'm most likley in, just wanted to get some things clarified, so there's no questions on them later.

-Bill

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OK... You say "A Free Agent Card can not sell more than it's value." So, say I put up a card that was bought at $25k... Basically, nobody is allowed to bid over $25k for that card and if someone bids exactly $25k, they win automatically then...? Guess I just don't get that, if someone wants to pay more for it, why they aren't allowed to...

Another question I had pop up in my head: If we decide to sell a card via Free Agency, would we be allowed to put a "Reserve" on it, if we wish? In other words, if we are selling a $25k card, can we put a reserve on it saying that, if bidding doesn't go over $15k, we reserve the right to not sell the card? If that doesn't make sense, hopefully this clip from Ebay will better explain what I'm sayng:

If you don't want to sell your item below a certain price, you can create an auction-style listing and a set a reserve price. The amount of your reserve price isn't shown to your bidders, but they will see that your listing has a reserve. If you don't receive a bid for at least the amount of your reserve, you aren't obliged to sell your item. Once the reserve price has been met, the reserve price is no longer displayed, and you're obligated to sell your item to the winning bidder.
    Except, in our case, I assume we'd have to make the reserve price known.

-Bill

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No reserve price.

And Free Agency is meant to be a last resort. If there is interest in your card you may sell it out right to whoever you want for whatever you want. If you get no interest you can drop it into Free Agency. If it hits the face value price the person who bids that price wins.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So no games until Jan ? Seems kinda far off King

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ill announce the scores of each team next week. With the winner being announced on Friday. Then it's Christmas week and New Years... we'll be back at it in no time.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,922 Times in 4,373 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Say it's my turn to pick and I'm not around that day. Do I get skipped over and then pick the next day when I am available? Sorta like how the Vikings did it a few years ago.