Thread: Bears WR Hurd facing Federal Drug Charges

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bears WR Hurd facing Federal Drug Charges

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bears WR Hurd facing Federal Drug Charges

yeah well big rumor is he has a bit of a customer list... with current players......

granted this i found slightly amusing...

darren rovell @darrenrovell Sam Hurd allegedly paid $25,000 per kilo of cocaine. Street value is closer to $50,000. Horrible return for the risk.

j-e-t-s
    jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ESPN was reporting last night, he could be facing up to 40 years in prison
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,541 Times in 2,768 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Looks good on him .
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sometimes you just have to scratch your head and say WTF is wrong with some of these athletes. He isn't and hasn't been the only one to get busted for this kind of stuff.

I'm not sure what his contact was but even at the veteran minimum he is making around 700-800 grand a year. That is about 15 years of working at the median average income in the USA and these players can't live off that and need to sell drugs to make extra money?

I'm sure he was probably hooked on them too and a good chunk of his money was going on it or he was selling it so he could get high for nothing. Either way the stupidity of some of these athletes amaze me.

They are lucky enough to be given a chance and a gift that only a select few are able to achieve and they throw it down the drain. Even if they don't sell or get caught doing drugs a lot of them end up broke a couple years after they retire even after making millions while they were playing and that's just for your roster fodder who is making the minimum or a little more every season let alone the guys making more.

They have no clue when it comes to managing money. You can live like a king for a short period of time or you can live like a price forever depending on how much you made and how you budgeted your money. Even the lowest paid guys can make enough in their career to live comfortably off it after their NFL days are over. Even if they need to do some other type of work after their playing days are over to supplement their income and limit how much they need to dip into their savings which is also earning interest.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 12-19-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CuseJetsFan83
    yeah well big rumor is he has a bit of a customer list... with current players......

granted this i found slightly amusing...

darren rovell @darrenrovell Sam Hurd allegedly paid $25,000 per kilo of cocaine. Street value is closer to $50,000. Horrible return for the risk.
    Not that I know anything about selling drugs, but if he's getting kilos of $25K and moving 5 bricks a week he's making $125K profit on those bricks. Now if he's cutting it, he's probably making $200K a week. Selling kilos is about moving them in quantities......the faster you can move them the more money you make.
    You can call me streetkings