• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Re: Ducks GM puts ‘for sale’ signs on everyone but Selanne, Koivu

Originally posted by SabreEleven
    I believe this. Darcy won't pull the trigger on a deal unless he is totally raping a team. Teams are probably done with dealing with him.
    7 out of 10 times he's raping our own team.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

I'd rather have Perry than anyone -- he has more grit.

Comment

• Mski
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Crisis
        Getzlaf would probably require one of Myers or Vanek and more.... Don't want to ship Myers, and trading Vanek kind of defeats the purpose of getting Getzlaf.

I would do a trade with Roy+Ennis+picks/prospects in a second for him.
        i think the three untouchables are vanek meyers and mcnabb

trade miller, roy, and stafford, tropp... for hiller getzlaf and ryan
        RIP Tommy D!
        12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

we are already a one line team anyway, so.

Send them everyone, and just play Vanek-Ryan-PominVille all game every game :p
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

For Mike Richards, the cost was a top prospect, an up and coming player, and a draft pick. For Jeff Carter it was the 8th pick in the draft and a good/average player.

Comment

• Mski
              • Mar 2006

im pretty sure Anahiem doesnt want picks, they would likely want ready to play guys, and seeing as we're close to the salary cap, any move we make would have to be at minium at par on salaries... if not having to get anahiem to eat some of ours
              RIP Tommy D!
              12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

We have a lot of ready to play guys that should be traded- the problem is that no one else wants our ****ing trash.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mski
                  i think the three untouchables are vanek meyers and mcnabb

trade miller, roy, and stafford, tropp... for hiller getzlaf and ryan
                  the value in that deal is not even close.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

hmm...

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

The first obvious turning point in this season was when Miller got hit.

Does anyone else see this as a 2nd turning point?

An opportunity was there to make a deal. The Sabres did nothing. They are 1-4-1 since this story broke. Deciding to go with the status quo sunk whatever little chance there was to salvage the season.

I'd love to know if Darcy even had a conversation with the Ducks, and if he did, what was said.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

i'd rather have it this way to be honest, OP.

I don't want the sabres moving talented and promising picks for people who could be rentals or players that are going to just push us to the 8th spot. this season is a wash now. Might as well move the broken pieces at firesale prices and get a shot at a top prospect in a top 5 pick. Then couple it with guys who want to work and don't have to deal with the entitled babies on this team.

If this team had heart and just needed a player to have chemistry with, then yeah, they missed their opportunity. but this team is really far behind where they think it is.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          i'd rather have it this way to be honest, OP.

I don't want the sabres moving talented and promising picks for people who could be rentals or players that are going to just push us to the 8th spot. this season is a wash now. Might as well move the broken pieces at firesale prices and get a shot at a top prospect in a top 5 pick. Then couple it with guys who want to work and don't have to deal with the entitled babies on this team.

If this team had heart and just needed a player to have chemistry with, then yeah, they missed their opportunity. but this team is really far behind where they think it is.
                          The Ducks were talking player for player though. Imagine if we could have moved Stafford and/or Roy and added some guys from Anaheim in a move that was relatively cap-neutral. Best case scenario: the change of scenery and the addition of the players helps and we get to make a run at it. Worst-case scenario: the new guys are just like the old guys and we're in the same situation, only with players that Darcy isn't married to.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

yeah, but there were talks that the ducks were looking for myers or prospects that we don't know enough about.

I don't trust darcy, but i can't imagine they were like, "we want roy and here is getzlaf." i trust that any of the names we'd want, would have a piece or two that would make us nervous to miss out on.

knowing what we know as of today, i'd rather just give away stafford and roy for a pick and a prospect we know nothing about than having them in packages where a mcnabb or kassian is sent out.

Kassian, in the little i've seen, is the man. ruff is slowly killing his style of play. i would hate to lose kassian. whether he amounts to nothing in buffalo with ruff is better than watching him blossom into a skilled bertuzzi type player.

Comment

Working...
                            X