Thread: I propose we demote all west coast teams

Thanks
    Thanked 18,368 Times in 8,981 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I propose we demote all west coast teams

Say what you will about our 12 year post season drought.

But don't say it would have lasted this long if we were magically spirited away to the AFC West or the NFC West.

Despite the decade of misery we've suffered, if you put us in either of those lousy divisions, where 8-8 (and even 7-9 once) often constitute a division championship, I think we'd have made it multiple times to the post season.

Think about it. In the last 10 years there have been maybe 2 or 3 relevant teams from the west.

The Cardinals had a nice two year run under Kurt Warner. The Seahawks had a couple years under Mike Holmgren. And of course, the lovable losers, the Oakland Raiders, who were good in 2001/2002, which culminated in an embarrassing super bowl route. Never to be heard from again.

I propose we use the AFC/NFC West to create a minor league system. The winner of it all is "allowed" to compete in the NFL for a season to see if they can carry their weight.

Although I write this in tongue-in-cheek fashion, there is an underlying truth: I really don't like west coast teams. Their divisions are full of playboys and sissies who haven't won anything since the days of John Elway and the Broncos.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I propose we demote all west coast teams

I think San Fran is finally on the right track long term under Harbaugh but outside of that, you're right.

And for many of us East coasters without the ticket, West coast games are rare. We usually wind up with Dallas or one of the NYC area teams at 4pm ( since they can't play at the same time ). So we just don't see the West coast teams that often to care.

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

we'd still suck and who gives a rats patootie if we make the post season if there is no chance of winning a superbowl?
    sucky is sucky
    id rather not make the playoffs if making them with a crappy team with no chance to win the superbowl is the alternative
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama
    Say what you will about our 12 year post season drought.

But don't say it would have lasted this long if we were magically spirited away to the AFC West or the NFC West.

Despite the decade of misery we've suffered, if you put us in either of those lousy divisions, where 8-8 (and even 7-9 once) often constitute a division championship, I think we'd have made it multiple times to the post season.

Think about it. In the last 10 years there have been maybe 2 or 3 relevant teams from the west.

The Cardinals had a nice two year run under Kurt Warner. The Seahawks had a couple years under Mike Holmgren. And of course, the lovable losers, the Oakland Raiders, who were good in 2001/2002, which culminated in an embarrassing super bowl route. Never to be heard from again.

I propose we use the AFC/NFC West to create a minor league system. The winner of it all is "allowed" to compete in the NFL for a season to see if they can carry their weight.

Although I write this in tongue-in-cheek fashion, there is an underlying truth: I really don't like west coast teams. Their divisions are full of playboys and sissies who haven't won anything since the days of John Elway and the Broncos.
    Realistically, the Bills only need to wait out Brady's retirement and then the division is wide open. Indeed, the two most dominate teams in the AFC are aging - Pats and Steelers, so AFC is potentially a much more favorable venue right now.

Or would you rather be in the NFC playoffs facing the Saints and Packers the next few years?