Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Dolphin's #1 priority is to get Peyton Manning

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Report: Dolphin's #1 priority is to get Peyton Manning

A Dolphins source tells the Miami Herald that the team's offseason priority is to acquire Peyton Manning.

It makes us wonder if the Colts might pay Manning's March 8 roster bonus and try to swing him to the Dolphins in a trade. Per the Herald, the Dolphins have not even shown preliminary interest in free agent Matt Flynn. The Fins apparently believe they have a roster ready to compete for Super Bowls after the addition of a franchise quarterback. Even if it's only a quick fix.

Source: Miami Herald

Wtf......Brady and Manning twice a year? This better not happen.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Report: Dolphin's #1 priority is to get Peyton Manning

Thank God the dolphins blow and manning more than likely will want nothing to do with them. No way colts keep him and pay the 28 mil and then trade him. I heard a reporter say if that scenario happens, the colts take like a 38 million dollar cap hit next year. Not sure if that's 100 percent true but no way the colts trade him IMO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think they'll trade him. I bet the Colts cut him, and all the QB-needy teams (except for us, of course) go after him.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,124 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Manning probably won't even be able to play in 2012. Forget him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I hope the dolphins trade 2 first round picks for him and then manning retires a year later

Will not tolerate vandalism. Johnny Bugmenot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They also said that about a big-name head coach. They ended up with a coordinator.

I don't think even Buffalo could mangle a coaching search that bad.

I have zero faith in Miami actually being able to lure Manning.

Pretty cool for a Fin Fan. Jaydog57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bugmenot
    They also said that about a big-name head coach. They ended up with a coordinator.

I don't think even Buffalo could mangle a coaching search that bad.

I have zero faith in Miami actually being able to lure Manning.
    Generally every head coach started out as a coordinator waiting for his shot. I just hope this guy makes the most of his opportunity.

I'm not too concerned with getting Manning. With him turning 36 this year, he's only got a couple more years left in the tank.
    "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

lol. Good luck with that, Miami.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Manning said a long time ago that he wanted to spend his entire career with one team. I think that if the Colts make it clear to him that he's done as a Colt, his strong inclination will be to retire. Miami would have to do one terrific sales pitch to change his mind. I'm not expecting they'll be successful.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,116 Times in 2,044 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Miami is actually the best option out of all the QB needy teams.

And the fear in this thread amuses me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think anyone is going to see Peyton Manning play another game of professional football.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Manning was physically able to play, I think Miami is his best spot. Dont see him signing with Washington (would need to be traded for the Redskins to have him). Heard Arizona brought up, but don't see that since they went out and got Kolb. I think the Jets would be Miami's only true competition. My dark horse team would be the Ravens. With Flacco getting a lot of heat and Lewis and Reed getting up in age, Ravens could snag him and hope its enough to get a last push to the SB.

Of course thats even if Manning can play and is willing to play for another team.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BADTHINGSMAN
    If Manning was physically able to play, I think Miami is his best spot. Dont see him signing with Washington (would need to be traded for the Redskins to have him). Heard Arizona brought up, but don't see that since they went out and got Kolb. I think the Jets would be Miami's only true competition. My dark horse team would be the Ravens. With Flacco getting a lot of heat and Lewis and Reed getting up in age, Ravens could snag him and hope its enough to get a last push to the SB.

Of course thats even if Manning can play and is willing to play for another team.

What they should do is package deal the 1st overall pick with Manning and get another teams entire draft for the next 2 years!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts
    I don't think anyone is going to see Peyton Manning play another game of professional football.

Idc how good Luck is, if your going to start him ahead of Manning, thats stupid. I understand that Luck is also the reincarnation of jesus, but still. Manning is a HOFer and hasnt lost a step since he came in the NFL. If he looks like his injury is severly effecting him by week 5, put Luck in, but why in the hell put a rookie in front of a HOFer. Its just not logical, and now i feel like im on the indi message boards lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512
    Idc how good Luck is, if your going to start him ahead of Manning, thats stupid. I understand that Luck is also the reincarnation of jesus, but still. Manning is a HOFer and hasnt lost a step since he came in the NFL. If he looks like his injury is severly effecting him by week 5, put Luck in, but why in the hell put a rookie in front of a HOFer. Its just not logical, and now i feel like im on the indi message boards lol
    I think Hurkey was talking more about his medical condition rather then starting Luck over Manning.

Personally I think Manning is done as a Colt. New GM and Coach with No. 1 overall pick and a stud QB in the draft. If Indy is indeed rebuilding then do so with Luck over Manning.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Personally, I'd be suprised if Peyton plays another down. What does the guy have left to prove? He's done it all. And being that he had to go overseas to get some unothodox surgery (that is currently illegal in the states) just further projects the seriousness of his injury. One wrong tackle and Peyton becomes the Stephan Hawkins of the pro football world.

With that being said, if Peyton still has "the bug" and wants to compete, the Colts may have no choice but to deal him to a team in search of a QB, like Miami.

And I have to think even an over-the-hill Peyton, hoping on one leg with his throwing arm tied behind his back is better than what 75% of the teams have in the league.

Manning is one of the few QBs in the league that manages the game from the line of scrimmage. He is very much like Jim Kelly in that respect. Perhaps better than Jim at calling plays from the line. His own OC if you will. Relying on the crew upstairs to provide input rather than actually tasking.
    Last edited by RedEyE; 01-26-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Will not tolerate vandalism. Johnny Bugmenot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydog57
    Generally every head coach started out as a coordinator waiting for his shot. I just hope this guy makes the most of his opportunity.

I'm not too concerned with getting Manning. With him turning 36 this year, he's only got a couple more years left in the tank.
    It'd be one thing if that was their stated intention, and it isn't bad. Plenty of very good coaches have come out of the coordinator ranks, and no head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. However, after they axed Sparano, they came out and said they were looking for a head coach with experience and a name brand. Fisher, Gruden, Cowher. They were destined to fail. The media probably pays those names more to do nothing but pontificate than they would as a head coach.

Not dissing the new Miami HC, but Miami didn't live up to their own expectations.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13
    Miami is actually the best option out of all the QB needy teams.

And the fear in this thread amuses me.
    No there not, Washington, Arizonia are far better options.

Pretty cool for a Fin Fan. Jaydog57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bugmenot
    It'd be one thing if that was their stated intention, and it isn't bad. Plenty of very good coaches have come out of the coordinator ranks, and no head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. However, after they axed Sparano, they came out and said they were looking for a head coach with experience and a name brand. Fisher, Gruden, Cowher. They were destined to fail. The media probably pays those names more to do nothing but pontificate than they would as a head coach.

Not dissing the new Miami HC, but Miami didn't live up to their own expectations.
    Yeah, we were set out to have a hard time finding an experienced good head coach, given our less than awesome owner/general manager combo.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderGun
    A Dolphins source tells the Miami Herald that the team's offseason priority is to acquire Peyton Manning.

It makes us wonder if the Colts might pay Manning's March 8 roster bonus and try to swing him to the Dolphins in a trade. Per the Herald, the Dolphins have not even shown preliminary interest in free agent Matt Flynn. The Fins apparently believe they have a roster ready to compete for Super Bowls after the addition of a franchise quarterback. Even if it's only a quick fix.

Source: Miami Herald

Wtf......Brady and Manning twice a year? This better not happen.
    Philbin's been the OC for Green Bay for all of Flynn's tenure, I find it difficult to believe the team isn't interested in him at all.