Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's a QB based league now & the better your QB is, the better your team

Thanks
    Thanked 5,215 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's a QB based league now & the better your QB is, the better your team

I'm all for upgrading the pass rush & creating pressure on opposing QB's but Fitz is not a franchise guy. We paid him in a rush & he obviously hasn't performed. That money needs to be spent on a different position & we need to cut bait.

The Bills need to get a young guy to build a team around that will be here for the long haul, move up in the draft for either RGIII or Luck & let's start building for the future.

Go Bills

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: It's a QB based league now & the better your QB is, the better your team

It's just that easy, huh?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
    I'm all for upgrading the pass rush & creating pressure on opposing QB's but Fitz is not a franchise guy. We paid him in a rush & he obviously hasn't performed. That money needs to be spent on a different position & we need to cut bait.

The Bills need to get a young guy to build a team around that will be here for the long haul, move up in the draft for either RGIII or Luck & let's start building for the future.

Go Bills
    So much easier said than done. It is much easier to move up from #4 to #2 than it is from #10 to #2. And forget about #1. The Colts will draft Luck without question.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I do like Fitz, but if we could get a clear clear upgrade i would. But with everything that WILL be available, Fitz is our guy. As much as you hate it, with a good team around him, he will be good, and he has proved so.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

move up in the draft for either RGIII or Luck & let's start building for the future.

Go Bills

You should email this post to the Bills front office, I bet they didn't know the Colts were willing to deal the top pick.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton
    You should email this post to the Bills front office, I bet they didn't know the Colts were willing to deal the top pick.
    Notice how I had a few choices on there at QB, not just the top pick. There is rumors that the 2nd pick in the draft is up to be taken, so one of those guys should be available. I appreciate the smart*** comment though, it's pretty witty.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Notice how I had a few choices on there at QB, not just the top pick. There is rumors that the 2nd pick in the draft is up to be taken, so one of those guys should be available. I appreciate the smart*** comment though, it's pretty witty.
    Well, you didn't really have a few, you had TWO. And of the two, Luck is sure to go #1 to the Colts, that leaves RGIII. Like I said it would be very hard & the Bills would have to give up a LOT to move up to #2 for a QB prospect that may be great, but also may turn out to be mediocre.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days
    Well, you didn't really have a few, you had TWO. And of the two, Luck is sure to go #1 to the Colts, that leaves RGIII. Like I said it would be very hard & the Bills would have to give up a LOT to move up to #2 for a QB prospect that may be great, but also may turn out to be mediocre.
    The franchise comes first when discussing franchise QBs. Build a team that can win inspite of the QB and then when you "unearth" a franchise QB you have a chance to win every week.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days
    2 picks when the 2nd pick looks to be available covers the base, so it's accurate. Technically speaking, our team needs a huge spark. Who here can't wait to buy season tickets for December games with our current roster ?
    Last edited by Skooby; 01-26-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Go Bills
    With a FO that doesn't like moving picks, I'm not sure how this is all that relevant of a discussion, seeing how we have it every year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JCBills
    With a FO that doesn't like moving picks, I'm not sure how this is all that relevant of a discussion, seeing how we have it every year.
    The GM announced they're going to be much more aggressive, so that means we might just get someone partially obscure versus completely obscure.
    Last edited by Skooby; 01-26-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The GM announced they're going to be much more aggressive, so that means we might just get someone partially obscure versus completely obscure.
    I'm pretty sure that was in relation to FA.

There isn't a need to bet the farm to move up picks. It costs too much, and we need all the players we can get.

Fitz is still probably their starter for 2012. Get a QB to develop behind him, even if it is only for half of a season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think everyone damn well knows that the Bills will not be trading up to the 1st or 2nd pick to take a qb.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,126 Times in 4,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's been a QB based league for 50 years.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Williams...McGahee...Losman...Lynch...Whitner...McCargo...McKelvin...Spiller...Richardson?

The highlight of a Bills' season for several years has occurred in April - the dropped jaw, the gaping mouth, the stunned silence, finally broken by a hearty WTF !!!!!???!!!

:*****slap:
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 01-26-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

2 picks when the 2nd pick looks to be available covers the base, so it's accurate. Technically speaking, our team needs a huge spark. Who here can't wait to buy season tickets for December games with our current roster ?
    The Bills would probably have to give up two #1 picks & two #2 picks to move up from #10 to #2 in the draft.

If RGIII turns out to be a GREAT QB, it would be worth it. BUT if he is not great, that trade would ruin the Bills chances for any improvement in the next couple years. HUGE GAMBLE.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,668 Times in 17,515 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here we go again....
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 5,932 Times in 3,554 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We aren't in position to trade way picks to move up this year. We need to take the best defensive player available at #10 this year and go from there.

Yeah, we need a QB, I get it. We also need about 17 other positions right and they can't all be filled in one draft.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Remember - baby steps come first.

Registered User Extremebillsfan247's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unless your team has Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, you wont get very far with out a good defense.