Thread: Dareus on ESPN2 Monday night

Thanks
    Thanked 30,660 Times in 17,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dareus on ESPN2 Monday night

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/0...-monday-night/

Bills DL Marcell Dareus will be featured in the ESPN series ‘Hey Rookie’ tonight (Monday) on ESPN2.

Dareus along with other members of the 2011 NFL draft class will be profiled in the program as film crews followed several of the rookies around during parts of their first NFL season. The program airs at 11 pm ET on ESPN2.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Dareus on ESPN2 Monday night

What a pick Dareus was.

The scout that said he "plays like a rolling ball of butcher knives" was dead on.

Dareus - Williams is a brutal duo the team has to use for the next few years.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,122 Times in 3,594 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JCBills
    What a pick Dareus was.

The scout that said he "plays like a rolling ball of butcher knives" was dead on.

Dareus - Williams is a brutal duo the team has to use for the next few years.
    Can't wait to see Williams playing at his healthiest as a pro. He and Dareus will be a nightmare for opposing OL's. Hopefully Merriman can return to health/stay healthy and provide another weapon to have to account for, but we can't count on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sheppard, Barnett, Byrd, Williams, Wilson, Dareus, Williams CB, and hopefully a ok Merriman. On paper this may be a nice year with the 4-3

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512
    Sheppard, Barnett, Byrd, Williams, Wilson, Dareus, Williams CB, and hopefully a ok Merriman. On paper this may be a nice year with the 4-3
    As far as I know at the NFL level Merriman has never played in a 4-3, anyone know if Aaron Schobel's in game shape yet?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman
    As far as I know at the NFL level Merriman has never played in a 4-3, anyone know if Aaron Schobel's in game shape yet?

I honestly dont think Merriman will do anything for us this year, but no matter what his name still is there. Merriman needs to retire and take over as a LB coach for us. He is a very good leader and the best thing he did for us last year was get us pumped before games.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I honestly dont think Merriman will do anything for us this year, but no matter what his name still is there. Merriman needs to retire and take over as a LB coach for us. He is a very good leader and the best thing he did for us last year was get us pumped before games.
    I agree with you and feel he was pretty good at courting UFAs through twitter too but sadly on the field he's just a has been except that one preseason game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with you and feel he was pretty good at courting UFAs through twitter too but sadly on the field he's just a has been except that one preseason game.

Merriman needs to be used like Jason Taylor. We saw he still has juice left during pre season. But why is he ever in the game on running downs is beyond me. Maybe because we didnt have enough strength at OLB? Idk, but he needs to be in on 2nd and long plays and on 3rd and 5+. I could see him having a Anthony Carter/Jason Taylor season by just being a passing down player. He has alot you cant teach, and if hes still alive and has a contract, use him the best way. Assume hes not on the team and dont think of him as a piece of the puzzle, just a weapon we have. Him and spiller need to be properly used to get the most out of them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And bout the twitter thing. I think Merriman and Florence have gotten better players to this team than Nix has.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Its funny how the players find out about the switch just like we do in the media.

There were tweets coming all over from Shepperd who seemed very excited, Troup, and Aaron Williams.

I will say Nick Barnett didn't seem thrilled.....Especially when the coach comes out and says Shepperd will man the middle.

This was a given they were going to go strictly 4-3.....
    If Coples is there he will get snatched up real fast from Buffalo.....IMO
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Agree on Coples. Only problem is, a strong showing at the Senior Bowl by Coples has his draft stock rising, making it a longer shot that he's still available at #10.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.