• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

RGIII and Buffalo???

OK read into this all you want.
    But this AM on Sirius NFL radio they were talking about all the scenarios for RG3.
    Obviously, Wash, Cleve, Miami, Arizona, and the darkhorse team the Buffalo Bills.
    Bob Pappa said do not be surprised to hear about Buffalo getting in the RGIII mix.
    He is hearing that Buffalo and Chan Gailey are definitely looking at RGIII serious...

The way I look at it we want to See Peyton and Flynn get moved before the draft.
    Reason being then only a few teams and less picks would have to be offered.

This makes sense because the Bills did want Cam last year but you know Carolina wasn't going to trade that pick. I would be great to hear Buffalo in the mix because RGIII in my opinion is a Franchise type QB.....

Bills have the $$ in FA spend the money and do what it takes to get RGIII...
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: RGIII and Buffalo???

If they do indeed Ditka the draft for RG III (which they'll likely have to do), they had better spend all of their cap space to improve the rest of the roster.

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
      If they do indeed Ditka the draft for RG III (which they'll likely have to do), they had better spend all of their cap space to improve the rest of the roster.
      I agree with you.
      I thought it was intereseting that they were saying the Bills with RG3
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

I agree 100% and as I said in other posts the Bills would be INSANE not to explore every possibility to get this kid. He is a perfect fit for Gailey's system (or any system for that matter) and would turn Buffalo into an instant contender and National media target.

I would definitely trade this year's #10, next year's first rounder and our second rounder this year to make this happen. Maybe even next year's two as well as we will be fighting other teams for him.

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
          I agree 100% and as I said in other posts the Bills would be INSANE not to explore every possibility to get this kid. He is a perfect fit for Gailey's system (or any system for that matter) and would turn Buffalo into an instant contender and National media target.

I would definitely trade this year's #10, next year's first rounder and our second rounder this year to make this happen. Maybe even next year's two as well as we will be fighting other teams for him.
          Hey I agree.
          The Bills should do wahtever it takes...
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

This year and next year's first, along with this year's 2nd would be ridiculously cheap, especially with the rookie cap now. If St. Louis offered me that, and I was Buffalo's GM, I'd put them on hold, do a dance, pick the phone back up and say you got yourself a deal.

Only a moron would pass that trade up.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Well I wouldn't read into this much. Being #10 in the draft you have to look at everyone up there and we would be dumb not to look at him.

I can't see Nix throwing away next years draft to take RGIII this year, it's just not his style. Not to mention you would be paying 2 QBs to be the starter. A big decision about Fitz would be forthcoming.

Don't get your hopes up people, this one ain't happening.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                Well I wouldn't read into this much. Being #10 in the draft you have to look at everyone up there and we would be dumb not to look at him.

I can't see Nix throwing away next years draft to take RGIII this year, it's just not his style. Not to mention you would be paying 2 QBs to be the starter. A big decision about Fitz would be forthcoming.

Don't get your hopes up people, this one ain't happening.
                RGIII salary will be peanuts with the new salary system for rookies.
                You don't throw away a draft by getting a Franchsie type QB.
                This year probably are 1st and 2nd possibly a 4th.
                Next year 1st and probably 2nd.

This year would leave us 6 picks still?
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

I don't know why people think the Bills won't get this guy, is it the past 15 years of history or the way Ralph does business?

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

As teams lie about their draft day intentions, radio and draft people make up tall stories about " What they hear " to keep an audience.

Almost 2 months until the draft, which means each rumor will have 20 versions.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• CleveSteve
                      • Apr 2011

Currently, the reported Redskins offer is this year's #6, #39, #70 and next year's 1st.

I don't see how that beats the Browns' #4, #22, and #37 picks, especially given that the Rams will be able to get Blackmon or Kalil if they do buisness with the Browns, but it's unclear if the Browns will be willing to give up that much.

Unless Washington makes a serious investment in QB in Free Agency, I think it looks like a 2-horse race.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

How much would they have to give up though to move to 2?

Comment

• CleveSteve
                          • Apr 2011

For Buffalo to move up, I think they'd have to give up a player. They just don't have the value of draft picks to compete. I'm not exactly sure on the valuation, but maybe the Rams would consider something like this and next year's 1st + Stevie Johnson?

Comment

• Throne Logic
                            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                            • Aug 2002

Do all of you feel that Buffalo is just one inexperienced player away from contending? I'm thinking that giving up 3 or 4 of our first-day picks over the next two years would be a bad move. As everyone knows, the draft is really a crap shoot. If you only hit on 50% of your picks, the best way to succeed is to get more picks.

Stick with Fritz. Use one or two of those first-day picks to give him an actual drafted receiver or two to work with. It's nice that we fhave so many over-achieving WR's, but Fritz could use a stud. Or a good TE.

Use the other picks to help fix the sorry defense. Every defensive position needs an upgrade or quality depth. Depth killed the Bills in 2011.
                            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

Here's what the Bills gave up in 1987 for Cornelius Bennett, the 2nd pick in the 1987 draft, as part of a 3 team trade: Greg Bell-a 1st round pick from 2 years earlier, 1st pick in 1988 & 1989 and a 2nd in 1989.
                              So, would you trade Spiller, 2012 & 2013 #1 & 2013 #2? I would.

Comment

Working...
                              X