Thread: Maximizing the Fred-C.J. duo

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maximizing the Fred-C.J. duo

It’s sure to be one of the more anticipated developments in Buffalo’s offense since Chan Gailey was hired to run it. Just how will the Bills head coach maximize the talents of Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller in 2012? If Gailey has his way the talented duo will be on the field a lot more simultaneously.

Buffalo’s sideline boss shed light on some of his offensive plans concerning how they’ll get the most out of Jackson and Spiller to help their offense this coming season when he spoke at the NFL Combine late last month.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...3-41c133549a39

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Maximizing the Fred-C.J. duo

This article simply rephrases quotes from January and Feb. Bottom line, if Fred is not a Bill in 2013, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,408 Times in 13,793 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

God I'd love to see something come of this. For the last 4 seasons or so, we've had at least 2 good RBs at any given moment between Lynch, Jackson and Spiller. The coaches never seem to be able to utilize both at the same time.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,408 Times in 13,793 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf
    This article simply rephrases quotes from January and Feb. Bottom line, if Fred is not a Bill in 2013, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.
    Interesting thought: what if Jackson becomes a ball hog because it's his contract year?

He seems like a good guy and I don't think he'd do something like that, but you never know how people are going to act when there are millions of dollars at stake. He's 32 and his next NFL payday is likely his last.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,939 Times in 3,559 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    Interesting thought: what if Jackson becomes a ball hog because it's his contract year?

He seems like a good guy and I don't think he'd do something like that, but you never know how people are going to act when there are millions of dollars at stake. He's 32 and his next NFL payday is likely his last.
    I don't think that will be an issue since I believe he'll have an extension in place before the season starts. That should alleviate that.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The yards after contact and yards after catch stats show how much Jackson deserves his pay raise and why Jackson is without a doubt the teams starting RB

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

problem with RB's, is that the good ones need to be run a lot to have outstanding games. lynch was like that. run him 20-25 times a game and deal with the 3 yard gains early, you'll have him running really well in the 4th.

Jackson runs differently, but when he finds his groove by mid third, he rips off 4-6 yards a carry. spiller seemed to find that groove when he was starting.

when you start pulling guys in and out for breathers and to change the look, you stiffle both guys.

i'd love to see how these two can both explode with equal touches, but i'm skeptical that it can be done.