• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Will Kelsay Be Dealt Soon ?

Wanny has mentioned having dominant players upfront in Dareus, Kyle & Mario Williams...no mention of Kelsay.

Wanny stated they're going to stick Mario Williams at the position he fits best, Left Defensive End....Kelsays current position.

When pressed whether Kelsay is therefore moving to the right side, Wanny says "we'll figure all that out after the draft".

Mario wants #90, Kelsays number. Can you imagine how many Mario Williams jerseys will eventually sell ?

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for long term employment, from where I'm sitting. Why not just say he's the RDE if he's in the immediate plans ?

This is now Wannys D and maybe he doesn't see him as a fit.

Stay tuned.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Re: Will Kelsay Be Dealt Soon ?

It'll either be Kelsay at RDE or mixture of Kelsay/Merriman depending on the situation.
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Wherever Kelsay lines up, you'll see the opposing offense go after.
      Last edited by Skooby; 03-18-2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

i think right now kelsay on 1st and 2nd down, and when its 3rd and long, merriman will come in.

now obviously obd will not count on merriman so like wanny said, and nix said before signing mario, they want 2 pass rushers...

i like jones in rd 2 imo... and i think jones could start right now and push kelsay to be a backup to mario for this year, but also getting lots of pt. this is probably kelsays last year on the team along with merriman.

chandler jones has incredible power and length along with great size, 6-5 270, real nice quickness. he would start for sure...

i think they see their backup dts as troup, carrington and heard... almost all 43 teams keep 5 dts and 4 des.

so maybe

jones/merriman
        williams/carrington
        dareus/troup/heard
        m. williams/kelsay

kyle moore would probably replace merriman if he gets hurt again...
        Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 03-18-2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Kelsey has already agreed to give his number to Mario.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

Like i said, if jones is there in rd 2, he should be, then he will probably start making kelsay a rotational backup to mario...

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

everyone keeps forgetting about dwan edwards hes gonna be a beast on the line also

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                everyone keeps forgetting about dwan edwards hes gonna be a beast on the line also
                i like dwan too... its just a numbers game man. they are not cutting troup, carrington or heard. aint happin

merriman and kelsay will be the main backup des

if merriman gets hurt, then they will probably call up kyle moore or some practice squad pass rusher with young legs..

Comment

• dannyek71
                  Drink Responsibly
                  • Dec 2004

We should trade CK for a 1st, (conditional) 3rd, and 6th round draft picks.

That seems fair to me.
                  [

Comment

• DasBills
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by dannyek71
                    We should trade CK for a 1st, (conditional) 3rd, and 6th round draft picks.

That seems fair to me.
                    Nah, I'd push for another first rounder; kind of like the RGIII trade. Players like Kelsay only come around once in a life-time.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

"I'm a big believer that we're going to bring him in and we're going to put him at that left end, more than likely, and put his hand on the ground and make him a mainstay there," he said. "We've got to have him be a dominant position there in one spot."

Chris Kelsay, the Bills' second best edge rusher at the moment (until Shawne Merriman proves he's healthy), has played left defensive end most of his career. Wannstedt said he isn't worried about finding spots for the other rushers.

"We're gonna wait 'till after the draft and see what we end up with," Wannstedt said. "Then we'll look at our numbers and figure out how many we have at each position. We'll talk about what's the best fit for guys. We want to put guys in position where they can play fast and be most effective. Wherever we need to put people for them to be most effective, we'll do it. We're gonna give guys a chance to play fast, use their ability and make plays."

I don't think Kelsay will get dealt, but if he can't be effective on the right side this may be his last season in a Bill's uniform.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        Sab and TD are insignificant
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by syd1364
                        It'll either be Kelsay at RDE or mixture of Kelsay/Merriman depending on the situation.
                        I thought you were supposed to put your best defensive end on the right side of the line so he is rushing the qb from the quarterbacks blind side. meaning of that that defensive end is going up against their teams left tackle.
                        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Kelsey has been a good team player from day 1.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                            I thought you were supposed to put your best defensive end on the right side of the line so he is rushing the qb from the quarterbacks blind side. meaning of that that defensive end is going up against their teams left tackle.
                            Mario likes the left side, is more comfortable on the left side, and the 'promise' to play him there I'm sure was a pretty big selling point so that's where he's going to line up for the most part.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat
                              Mario likes the left side, is more comfortable on the left side, and the 'promise' to play him there I'm sure was a pretty big selling point so that's where he's going to line up for the most part.
                              And Mario is very effective playing on the left side which means a less talented DE should be effective on the right side. And if Merriman is healthy as he says he is WOW.

So when is the Bills first Monday night game?

Comment

Working...
                              X