• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

For those who don't want Kuechly at#10

Linebacker Luke Kuechly has shown the instincts, production and desire to succeed in NFL, Jeffri Chadiha writes.

Luke Kuechly (pronounced "Keek-ly") has been known for such fire since the day he became a freshman starter at Boston College, and it's even more attractive to NFL scouts as this year's draft approaches. Not only do they see a kid with a nonstop motor and the ability to tackle just about anything in his sights, but they realize Kuechly has all the necessary intangibles that teams desire in top draft prospects. From a sterling work ethic to a constant desire to improve his game, Kuechly has set himself apart from every other linebacker in this class. As defensive players go this year, he's as close to a sure thing as you'll find.

"This guy is as good a playmaker as I've seen," one AFC personnel director said. "He has a nose for the football, great instincts, and he's very productive. You can't block the guy because he recognizes plays so quickly and he's very quick to the ball. He'll get you 15 hits a game just because he's so good at beating people to the block points. He's like having a free runner on defense."

Plenty more on ESPN. Check it out.
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: For those who don't want Kuechly at#10

im all for kuechly at 10 if buddy likes him

Comment

• thenry20
      • Jan 2004

I wouldn't hate the pick. We do need a starting SLB. Having said that what I think our greatest need is a LT Whether throught the draft, trade or free agency, we need to protect Fitz's blind side.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Keuchley could be a major part of solidifying our LB corp which may end up being the weakness in our 4-3 defense. No, Id be fine with that pick. Did you catch the Sports Science on him? Quicker acceleration than Joe Haden and hits harder than Dwight Freeney.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I could live with Kuechly.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by djjimkelly
            im all for kuechly at 10 if buddy likes him
            **** that. I like him!

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

I wouldn't mind him at all. He can play inside or out and dominate.

It's just that we need a LT very badly. Reiff,Glenn,Massie, Martin. Very few choices and probably won't see much if any left, come the 2nd round.

But in the 2nd round you could see David, Wagner and a couple others who could start immediately at OLB.

Now you've filled 2 holes in the lineup. WR's,CB's,TE's etc. can be found anywhere through round 7.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

ctually like the pick.
                Just think what this would do for are defense....WOW
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Kind of sounds like a Chris Spielman type of player. Who wouldn't want that?

Comment

• clumping platelets

It would not upset me if we took him at #10

I just want a player who proves his worth as a player taken #10 overall. OT, LB, CB, WR, DL.....position doesn't matter

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                      Keuchley could be a major part of solidifying our LB corp which may end up being the weakness in our 4-3 defense. No, Id be fine with that pick. Did you catch the Sports Science on him? Quicker acceleration than Joe Haden and hits harder than Dwight Freeney.
                      If you replaced Joe Haden with Deion Sanders & Dwight Freeney with Ray Lewis, then I would be impressed.

Comment

• Patti120
                        • Aug 2004

If he's as good as advertised then he could really shine playing behind our D-Line.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

He's a good MLB in a Cover 2 scheme, he's not a top ten prospect though.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by don137
                            Kind of sounds like a Chris Spielman type of player. Who wouldn't want that?
                            People obsessed with finding the next Patrick Willis... I'd be happy to find the next Spielman.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 04-13-2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                              I wouldn't mind him at all. He can play inside or out and dominate.

It's just that we need a LT very badly. Reiff,Glenn,Massie, Martin. Very few choices and probably won't see much if any left, come the 2nd round.

But in the 2nd round you could see David, Wagner and a couple others who could start immediately at OLB.

Now you've filled 2 holes in the lineup. WR's,CB's,TE's etc. can be found anywhere through round 7.
                              A hole isn't filled until the player becomes at least a long-term above-average starter at the position. In the first round, I want Pro Bowlers. The player has to be good enough. Therefore a prospect's worth depends entirely on your confidence that he can do that.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X