• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

Re: "Mark Barron and Kuechly are logical picks for Buffalo"-Mayock

Originally posted by Blacksheep71
    Barron is NOT one of the best players in the draft.

In other drafts he'd be a 2nd rounder.

If we take him at No10, it will be the biggest reach of the draft and a ludicrous decision to the point where we can expect a new HC/GM in 2013.

We need an impact player, not an over rated one.

Mind you this is from the idiot Maycock who doesn't have Coples in his Top50. Lets hope Buddy isn't so stupid.
    According to who? The draftnik websites? I wanna make this clear that im not taking a shot at you necessarily but I love how everyone knows more than every front office. I guess you guys better tell Buffalo, Dallas, The Jets, and the Chargers who have scouted players for years that Barron isn't a1st round talent because you looked at some websites and they said he's a late 1st or early 2nd rd type. People need to stop acting like they know more than the people who do their job.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
      Floyd
      Keuchley
      Kirkpatrick
      This is what Im hoping for. I want one of these 3 OR Gimore or if Kalil/Blackmon fall. But NO REIFF

Comment

• Blacksheep71
        Veteran Zoner
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gonzo1105
        According to who? The draftnik websites? I wanna make this clear that im not taking a shot at you necessarily but I love how everyone knows more than every front office. I guess you guys better tell Buffalo, Dallas, The Jets, and the Chargers who have scouted players for years that Barron isn't a1st round talent because you looked at some websites and they said he's a late 1st or early 2nd rd type. People need to stop acting like they know more than the people who do their job.
        No but its an exceptionally weak class at safety which is why he's been marked up so high.

Barron the best player available at No10? Don't make me laugh. If I was picking at No23, I might consider him, but he's no Berry, Earl Thomas or Polamalu and these are the only types of safeties you spend a top 20 pick on.

Look at how well spending a previous Top10 pick on a safety did us.

And we don't have a yawning gap at S either - we've got Wilson and Bryd as well as Searcy. By all means spending a R3 or R4 on a Safety, but a Top10? If we do, it explains why we miss the playoffs every year.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

When you talk about the draft overall, Barron is actually one of the most complete prospects coming out.

He does everything well and shows not much in the way of weaknesses. He can cover and he comes downhill to tackle.

Putting aside how good of a football player he is, he's 6'1 213 pounds. Which means he can be used as a OLB and a fast OLB too as he ran a 4.5 40 at his pro day.

The added bonus with Barron is also his almost 34" arms that will help him cover big TEs. He also has 9 1/2 " hands which will help him control TEs off the LoS.

Lastly, Barron started and was productive at Alabama for 3 years. That is a huge deal for Nix. If you want a can't miss prospect, Barron fits for sure. Not flashy but the kind of guy who would bring an attitude to our defense.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
            It makes plenty of sense. Mark Barron is not a top ten talent, I watched Bama plenty. He's not an impact safety like Eric Berry, which is the kind of talent you would look for if you were taking a safety that high.

Not much else to discuss really, you might like him as a top ten talent but I don't. Question, who was the last top ten player at safety to leave a lasting impact on the game?
            What?
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Blacksheep71
              Barron is NOT one of the best players in the draft.

In other drafts he'd be a 2nd rounder.

If we take him at No10, it will be the biggest reach of the draft and a ludicrous decision to the point where we can expect a new HC/GM in 2013.

We need an impact player, not an over rated one.

Mind you this is from the idiot Maycock who doesn't have Coples in his Top50. Lets hope Buddy isn't so stupid.
              and huh?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

CB Josh Norman Coastal Carolina
                wont last that long and Lavonte David could go a couple of picks erlier as well

Reiff doent seem like the guy as he doent fit anything the bills say at the lucheon.

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                and where was Lee drafted? In the 2nd Round. Late 2nd at that. I stand by my mock
                that posted http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=211296

or for a quick run down:

Round 1: LT Riley Reiff Iowa:
                Round 2: OLB Lavonte David Nebraska
                Round 3: WR Marvin Jones California
                Round 4A: CB Josh Norman Coastal Carolina
                Round 4B: TE Michael Egnew Missori
                Round 5A: DE Julian Miller West Virginia
                Round 5B: QB Austin Davis Southern Miss
                Round 6:C Scott Wedige Nothern Illinois
                Round 7A: WR Lance Lewis Eastern Carolina
                Round 7B: CB Isaiah Frey Neveda
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

I will start by saying I am not a college football fanatic so I haven't even seen Kuechly play. But if the Zach Thomas and Brian Urlacher comparisons are even close to true. If his coverage skills and nose for the ball are as good as I'm reading, then I think Wannstedt makes a huge push for him with the FO. I believe Hairston is a solid starting LT, I believe the rest of the OL is very solid, if it weren't for the injuries last year they were on track to become excellent. OL depth is an issue but can be addressed in rounds 2,3,4. Let's finish the rebuild on defense with Kuechly and a corner in round 2 and roll with what we have on offense. There is no need to draft a WR in Rd. 1, hopefully Easley stays healthy this year, his speed and size are very similar to Floyd.

A LB that can stay with Hernandez and Gronk, that can stay on the field for all three downs, that has an incredible nose for the ball looks to be a better choice to me.

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

Either of these picks will go a long way in helping beat NE.

Originally posted by Raptor
                    Q. I would think like a Fletcher Cox and
                    talk about Mark Barron the safety, maybe move
                    up ahead of the Cowboys?

MIKE MAYOCK: And Barron is one of the
                    best players in this draft and I think he's going to
                    go between 10 and 15. But he has them ticketed
                    at 14 but there are other teams that could step up.
                    I mean, look at Buffalo with ten, for instance. They
                    are going to play New England twice a year with
                    those tight ends.
                    To me, Mark Barron and Luke Kuechly are
                    two logical guys for Buffalo.

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/...ft-4-19-12.pdf
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by acehole
                      Either of these picks will go a long way in helping beat NE.
                      To me Luke is a "Special" player in this draft and would complete a front seven that on paper would be really great.

Barron would run free in that D to do whatever he wanted...rush passer cover TE help CB's cover slot...you name it.
                      Hated by the stupid..
                      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        When you talk about the draft overall, Barron is actually one of the most complete prospects coming out.

He does everything well and shows not much in the way of weaknesses. He can cover and he comes downhill to tackle.

Putting aside how good of a football player he is, he's 6'1 213 pounds. Which means he can be used as a OLB and a fast OLB too as he ran a 4.5 40 at his pro day.

The added bonus with Barron is also his almost 34" arms that will help him cover big TEs. He also has 9 1/2 " hands which will help him control TEs off the LoS.

Lastly, Barron started and was productive at Alabama for 3 years. That is a huge deal for Nix. If you want a can't miss prospect, Barron fits for sure. Not flashy but the kind of guy who would bring an attitude to our defense.
                        I could see Barron as a potential pick if the Bills trade down, but not at #10.

Comment

• Raptor
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                          It makes plenty of sense. Mark Barron is not a top ten talent, I watched Bama plenty. He's not an impact safety like Eric Berry, which is the kind of talent you would look for if you were taking a safety that high.

Not much else to discuss really, you might like him as a top ten talent but I don't. Question, who was the last top ten player at safety to leave a lasting impact on the game?

Your right there isn't much else to discuss because

A.You didn't watch him at Bama or B. You didn't understand what you were watching

and for the record he is one of the top 10 players in this draft

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Once again, with a solid pass rush we may not need a to grab a db with our fiirst. With a good pass rush, the Pats may have to get rid of the ball fast and if Kuechly can keep up with their TE's, I'm all for it.

We don't know what we have with MOrrison and Barnett is getting up there in age. If Kuechly is a sure above average LBer of the future, I'll take him a solidify our D for years to come.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by acehole
                              To me Luke is a "Special" player in this draft and would complete a front seven that on paper would be really great.

Barron would run free in that D to do whatever he wanted...rush passer cover TE help CB's cover slot...you name it.
                              Who did more to help those 90s teams more, Shane Conlan or Wil Wolford? The Bills made 1 Super Bowl after Conlan left but 0 after Wolford left.

Comment

• Turf
                                • Jul 2002

Our linebacking core is weak and shallow. Regardless of the system we need some good linebackers. We fixed the D-Line, lets fix the LBs.
                                People get injured. You can't slot one guy at each position and say we're all set.
                                Kuechy Kuecky Koo baby.
                                Last edited by Turf; 04-20-2012, 09:11 AM.
                                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X