Thread: BoB Suggestion: "Franchise Card"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

BoB Suggestion: "Franchise Card"

Just an idea I had and figured I'd throw it out there...

A "Franchise Card" feature:

Each player may use the Franchise feature once.

A player may select any girl that has not been used in BoB in 2012. They could put one of last year's cards up that hasn't been drafted/auctioned in 2012, or a new girl altogether.

To use the Franchise Card, a player would PM Bedard with "Franchise - (Girl's name)" in the title.

Bedard would set a "price" for the girl (as he does with the polls). That price would be the "opening bid."

The Franchise auction is not official until Bedard posts the thread. Bedard could set a "1 Franchise use per day" limit, if many players send their request in at the same time.

The auction is treated as a "Free Agent" auction, where players can bid within the thread. The bidding ends 24 hours (or at a predetermined time) after Bedard places the opening bid. If multiple people send a request for the same girl (obviously, before she went up in an auction), Bedard would cancel their request (They wouldn't lose their Franshise) and know that there is interest in a particular girl... Could help Bedard get ideas for future auctions.

Following the end of the Franchise Auction, the person who used their "Franchise" has 24 hours to:

A: Match the winning bid, which wins the card.
    B: Pass, in which case the winning bid would win the card.

If nobody bids after the opening bid, the player who used the Franchise feature must pay the price set by Bedard and claims the card.

Bedard would not announce who used the Franchise feature. That way, the player remains anonymous until it is time for them to match the bid or pass.

This would allow each player one chance to get a girl that Bedard hasn't thought of, hasn't put up yet, or put up last year that the player wants a shot to claim in 2012.

Bidders wouldn't be able to simply run up the bid, because the Franchise holder could always dump the card on the winning bidder. But, running up the bid enough so that the Franchise player matches it would be a wise strategy for the bidders... No reason to let someone get their "Franchise" card without paying more ZB for it!

Pretty simple concept. Thoughts? Questions?

-Bill
    Last edited by BLeonard; 04-20-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 3,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: BoB Suggestion: "Franchise Card"

I think the game is fine the way it is.

He's already introduced wild cards and no tos auctions. Enough is enough this season.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I suggest the next game we do, we start a BOB survivor game. Start with the draft, have everyone vote on hottness alone for each team and then start eliminating teams with the lowest hotness factor. Then put the team's cards up for free agent auctions.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Or just put to a vote which teams everyone wants to throw out.

The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying. Static's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

no thanks
    too much work

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

First, the game is complicated enough. People get confused between FA auctions and flash auctions, etc. There is no need to make it worse.

Second, do you plan to run a huge BZ donation drive so we can start paying Bedard? If the game gets any more complicated, hes' going to have to quit his job to have the time to manage it.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I like the second idea, Op!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.