• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Round 2 and 3 Grades

McKelvin lost his job twice in this draft.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Re: Round 2 and 3 Grades

Guys look Im not going to respond to each one of you because its the same arguments from the other thread that I've already explained.

The grade is based on the rankings, and to some degree team need. For Graham, we had him ranked well down the WR rankings and that includes below another few slot options (Wright, Adams, Hilton, etc.). We had him as undraftable because while he's a solid return man he is very limited as a WR with his inconsistent hands, poor routes, and low football IQ. His speed is phenomenal but fast guys aren't the end all be all, just ask the Raiders.

Can Graham develop into a Lee Evans type? Sure, maybe, but I don't see it. He struggles to get off press coverage (8 bench reps), isn't a great route runner, and doesn't track the ball like Lee did. He's a Roscoe replacement and given our other options he was not my first choice.

And that in the end is the point, this is my grade, off my board for every team. Could I miss on all 750 of them? Yup, and Ill admit when they prove it or in 5 years when I do the re-eval. However any analyst, scout, or draft basement guy worth his salt will tell you that if you don't trust or believe in your board you have no reason to be doing this.

If you disagree that's fine, I completely understand, but at least try and understand why the grade is where it is. Also keep in mind that one grade or one pick does not kill a whole draft. The Bills have had three selections of the nine total they have. One solid pick, one great pick, and one poor pick (based on my eval), that's a strong start. Today and tomorrow are the days we finish up strong with our last 6 picks and our UDFA haul.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X