• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: John McCargo/Nate Clements...

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
    He probably left his family enough money for his grandchildrens' grandchildren.
    so thats all that matters.. he left them some money.. not that his selfish act just took a father from his kids.. im pretty sure his kids could care less about the money.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

Nasty Nate is a good guy and a good player...loved him on the Bills. I hope he can catch on somewhere and cash a few more checks.
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Tatonka
        so thats all that matters.. he left them some money.. not that his selfish act just took a father from his kids.. im pretty sure his kids could care less about the money.
        I like how that's all you got out of my post. Obviously his kids would rather have their father than money, but now he's gone. You grieve, take some time, then move on with your life. His kids will be financially supported better than 99% of the rest of the world ever was. If he was a good father, his kids will understand what happened and be able to get passed his death. These things happen, and there are much worse things happening to people everyday.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

This is just an awful thread. Awful, awful thread.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

I like how that's all you got out of my post. Obviously his kids would rather have their father than money, but now he's gone. You grieve, take some time, then move on with your life. His kids will be financially supported better than 99% of the rest of the world ever was. If he was a good father, his kids will understand what happened and be able to get passed his death. These things happen, and there are much worse things happening to people everyday.
            well, whether or not he is was a good father remains to be seen.. based on his history of domestic violence, i would question it..
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

well, whether or not he is was a good father remains to be seen.. based on his history of domestic violence, i would question it..
              Well if he was a bad father, then he just did his kids a favor.

Comment

• Dannyboy
                Stayn' alive
                • Nov 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                I'm referring VY only, nothing to do with other headlines that have nothing to do with us. Seau was a great player, his death an obvious tradegy. I am not referring to any other issue in the news but the Bills current look at players who have had known previous problems. The timing might suck but we're looking at Vince in town today & trying out for a position with the Bills, so I reserve comments only on that.

Link: http://sportsfullcircle.com/2008/09/...mpted-suicide/
                I didn't see the connection the others did with Seau at all. I did see the connection about the ship wreck and it being just over 100 years and a couple of weeks since that fateful voyage of the Titanic.

In truth, I hear ya. I thought the "couple waves short of a ship wreck" was funny.

It's a wonder no one else came up with a connection to McNair.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

off topic.. but i have no sympathy for a guy that has youth (in real life, not football age), looks, money, fame, and everything else going for him.. and decides to off himself.. if there is no foul play involved, the fact that he shot himself in the chest instead of the face just goes to show what a vain POS he was.. if that guy had to deal with real life and the "normal" trails and tribulations that the majority of us have to through every day he would have done this years ago.. dont feel sorry for the guy.. feel sorry for the family he left behind to pick up the pieces.. suicide is the most selfish act you can commit.. im not religious.. but for those of you that are.. suicide means burn in hell basically, right?

ill get off my soap box now.
                  And I will get on mine..........

First off, he very well might have shot himself in the chest to preserve his brain so it could be evaluated.

Secondly, people who commit suicide are generally very depressed obviously. The reasons for depression can vary. But often people who seem to have a good happy life do not for whatever reason. Money does not make one happy (having money is very overrated). Looks do not. Fame does not, and can actually make it worse.

Trying to pretend that we can get into his mind is a fruitless endeavor. Judging somebody who has hit the lows that are low enough that the person killed himself is impossible.

The fact is that sometimes people who we think have everything going for them and that are perfectly content are actually in great pain. People who we think Have a great life feel like the are missing something. It might be companionship. It might be the camaraderie they had years ago. It might physical skills they once had. It might bad self-esteem.

The fact is we do not know. And until we are in those shoes, it is impossible to judge. The pain that depression can bring on is not something to dismiss. Nor is it something to judge.

Suicide is not a decision that is made lightly or without thought.

I feel for the people that sink to those levels and to the family members they leave behind.

But I refuse to judge them and I refuse to condemn them.
                  Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 05-02-2012, 09:29 PM.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Lecter is right...money can't buy you love.

Comment

• Romes
                      • Jul 2002

I seriously hope, no one ever has to deal with a close family member or friend dealing with depression. Its a very real problem/illness that is extremely difficult to "get over." Even if someone learns to live with it, it never really goes away. Worst is it can affect anyone, even the seemingly most happy and lucky of us.

RIP Seau
                      Originally posted by paladin warrior
                      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Money can absolutely buy happiness.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Money can absolutely buy happiness.
                          No. No it can't

Believe me on this one.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Head trauma is now known to cause severe depression in so many ex athletes that have done this very thing. Not only the depression, but not feeling like yourself anymore.
                            Its pretty cold to downplay what someone goes through when they lose identity with themselves. Obviously JR was very depressed and struggling. Very sad.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Great posting Lecter

Comment

• thenry20
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
                                Come on man today is not a day to be talking about suicide. Seau was a tragic loss to the football world
                                Then why are YOU making fun of a Bills player who meant alot to the team and its fans? McCargo I can understand but Nate brought it every Sunday.

Seau was a waak minded human being who brought on his own demise.

It speaks volumes of all those Super Bowl Bills. You'd think some of them would off themselves after losing 4 in a row but NO SIR!!! These were men of fortitude and substance.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍