• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOverDolphins
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2003

Re: T. Pryor's family needed help

1. The "they're getting a free education!" Bit is a completely ******ed line of thinking. These guys are recruited by universities so they can help bring in money and exposure. Both parties know the majority of bball and football players aren't there for the education.

2. Mom needs to get off her ass and get another job.
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• jimbohastle51
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2005

This kid has talent. It will take a lot of hard coaching to get his potential out of him. He can continue to help his family bigger game checks then.

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
        You don't have to go play college football. There isn't anyone forcing you to go "make the colleges rich".

I wonder how much all of those tattoos cost, that might have helped with her rent.
        You don't have to lack empathy, there isn't anyone forcing you to lack common decency.
        Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        I love Weiner.
        also cheese

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
          1. The "they're getting a free education!" Bit is a completely ******ed line of thinking. These guys are recruited by universities so they can help bring in money and exposure. Both parties know the majority of bball and football players aren't there for the education.

+1
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          I love Weiner.
          also cheese

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

It's the players' fault for not taking advantage of their free ride. Pryor could've got a 4 year degree, got a job out of college and helped his mother out. Or he could've got a job while in college and put less focus on football. Clearly his priorities were with playing ball.

He decided to put all of his eggs in the Football basket, and with that comes a set of guidelines. He broke them and got caught, so he got punished. Those are the rules, if you don't like them don't play football.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

The VAST MAJORITY of college players will NEVER make it to the NFL. A FREE education is a GREAT gift to help a person improve his lot in life.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

I guess if it is a ******ed way of thinking, let me ask a ******ed question, how many Division I BCS schools turn a profit from their athletic departments?

Let us not be ******ed and think that football doesn't just get money for the football program and that it funds all of the athletic programs (except maybe basketball).

(Hint - it isn't above 10.)

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
                  It's the players' fault for not taking advantage of their free ride. Pryor could've got a 4 year degree, got a job out of college and helped his mother out. Or he could've got a job while in college and put less focus on football. Clearly his priorities were with playing ball.

He decided to put all of his eggs in the Football basket, and with that comes a set of guidelines. He broke them and got caught, so he got punished. Those are the rules, if you don't like them don't play football.
                  lolwut? What other skills/talents did Pryor have?

He's a freakish athlete who was recruited as such. Getting a 4-year degree in Communications and working at a Waffle House won't pay the bills. He used his fame as OSU QB to try and make money. Pretty savvy for a 20-21 y/o actually. The major universities make beaucoup bucks from the exposure these players provide.

They know damn well Crovarius and Leontray aren't there to graduate magna *** laude and lead a normal life.
                  Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

wasn't this guy driving around a $40k vehicle before he signed a contract? rumors have it that he had quite the sneaker collection too.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

lolwut? What other skills/talents did Pryor have?

He's a freakish athlete who was recruited as such. Getting a 4-year degree in Communications and working at a Waffle House won't pay the bills. He used his fame as OSU QB to try and make money. Pretty savvy for a 20-21 y/o actually. The major universities make beaucoup bucks from the exposure these players provide.

They know damn well Crovarius and Leontray aren't there to graduate magna *** laude and lead a normal life.
                      Why not?

What other skills did he have? I have no idea..is he a moron? I honestly don't know, is he stupid? Some of the STUPIDEST people I know have 4 year degrees and make a solid living. Hell, I know some idiots that didn't graduate high school that are supporting a family.

Just because you're athletic doesn't mean anyone owes you jack ****. He took advantage of the system and got caught. Now, whether or not that system was also taking advantage of him is a different story. But if he didn't like it, he didn't have to join the NCAA Football Program at Ohio State University.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        wasn't this guy driving around a $40k vehicle before he signed a contract? rumors have it that he had quite the sneaker collection too.
                        These cars aren't going to drive themselves now are they ?

Comment

Working...
                        X