• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tom Modrak is back!

Originally posted by better days View Post
    Well, I will admit there are some good players that were drafted by the Bills that no longer play for the team. McGahee for example, was drafted by Buffalo in the first rnd when he should have been a 5th or 6th rnd pick. He rehabed for a year on Buffalos dime, then when he got healthy he trashed the City of Buffalo so the team would have to trade him.

I may have exagerated the numbers a little bit, but you saying Nix fired Modrack because of a Billboard & public pressure is TRULY RIDICULOUS.
    I did not say that though. Again you have yet to actually understand the point.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
      Well after a billboard is ridiculously constructed and public pressure is the way it is, why would a new regime want to keep that kind of problem around?

We were literally at a point that people just assumed every pick was going to suck, not that they didnt have reason to.
      Here is the post that you asked why a new regime would want to keep that kind of problem around with a billboard & public pressure. You implied the billboard & public pressure were major factors in Nix firing Modrack.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Here is the post that you asked why a new regime would want to keep that kind of problem around with a billboard & public pressure. You implied the billboard & public pressure were major factors in Nix firing Modrack.
        Yes because of what they imply not because of what they are.

You had a fan base that was literally offering a free get out of jail free card to the organization to start all over by firing basically one dude. Who in their right mind wouldn't do that?

Modrak stuck for a transition period, and then was fired and almost everybody was happy. Why would you not want that? The Billboard and pressure did not get him fired, what it offered though did.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Yes because of what they imply not because of what they are.

You had a fan base that was literally offering a free get out of jail free card to the organization to start all over by firing basically one dude. Who in their right mind wouldn't do that?

Modrak stuck for a transition period, and then was fired and almost everybody was happy. Why would you not want that? The Billboard and pressure did not get him fired, what it offered though did.

Well, you don't fire someone that you think is doing a good job in spite of what the fan base thinks. You let the fan base know the organization thinks highly of him & ask for time to prove his worth.

You do fire someone that you don't think is doing a good job period. It is not like Modrack is a starting QB or HC or GM. He is a SCOUT.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

The only salient points to this issue are...

A-Modrak sucks.
            B-Nix knows Modrak sucks and fired him, and that is evidence enough on it's own to conclude that a Modrak-run BLESTO isn't going to carry any more weight on the Bills drafting philosophy.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Well, you don't fire someone that you think is doing a good job in spite of what the fan base thinks. You let the fan base know the organization thinks highly of him & ask for time to prove his worth.

You do fire someone that you don't think is doing a good job period. It is not like Modrack is a starting QB or HC or GM. He is a SCOUT.
              Where did I say he was doing a good job?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              The only salient points to this issue are...

A-Modrak sucks.
              B-Nix knows Modrak sucks and fired him, and that is evidence enough on it's own to conclude that a Modrak-run BLESTO isn't going to carry any more weight on the Bills drafting philosophy.
              There is no evidence of such and we don't know that Nix even fired Modrak.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

No evidence that Modrak sucks ? He has ten years of drafts that say he sucks.

The bottom line is Nix let Modrak go, because he sucks, thus the use of Bletso will probably be used even less then before.
                And if Bletso was the outfit turning the Bills on to the small school wonders then they should never speak to that service again.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Where did I say he was doing a good job?

- - - Updated - - -

There is no evidence of such and we don't know that Nix even fired Modrak.

In post #19, you said that Modrack was the scapegoat for bad draft picks. I responded that Nix must not think much of him because he fired him. You responded to that post with the stupid post about the billboard & public pressure.

Now you are saying we don't know that Nix fired Modrack, INCREDIBLE. It is a well known fact that Nix fired Modrack. Do you think Modrack still works for the Bills & is locked away in a secret room so nobody will know?

I find it incredible that you have tried to defend Modrack in this thread.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

He always does the backtrack routine when he's called on about making stupid comments.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                      No evidence that Modrak sucks ? He has ten years of drafts that say he sucks.

The bottom line is Nix let Modrak go, because he sucks, thus the use of Bletso will probably be used even less then before.
                      And if Bletso was the outfit turning the Bills on to the small school wonders then they should never speak to that service again.
                      We also have our best players during his drafts as well. So how can one suck yet make picks that end up as our best players?

We don't know that Nix did anything. That's a grand assumption, it may have not even been his call in the end.

BLESTO ranks less small schoolers than National. That much I can confirm 100%.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

In post #19, you said that Modrack was the scapegoat for bad draft picks. I responded that Nix must not think much of him because he fired him. You responded to that post with the stupid post about the billboard & public pressure.

Now you are saying we don't know that Nix fired Modrack, INCREDIBLE. It is a well known fact that Nix fired Modrack. Do you think Modrack still works for the Bills & is locked away in a secret room so nobody will know?

I find it incredible that you have tried to defend Modrack in this thread.
                        He was the scapegoat. We don't know that Nix fired him. We know he was fired, but as for whom fired him, we don't know that. I mean a basic organizational chart can tell you that multiple people (Ralph, Brandon, Overdorf) all had the pull and ability to terminate Modrack in addition to Nix.

Im not defending Modrack at all, Ive said I have zero issue firing him, it was a move the organization had to make.

However I will argue against the stupidity of every pick he made was great, or that he was the sole reason for the Bills drafts sucking. You've seen multiple fans come in here and say that he was not the sole reason. Yet you claim that for every good pick there were 10 bad picks, an untrue claim. You also can't dispute that during Modrack's time we have drafted our two best players and multiple current starters for our Bills which is a team you claim is in a position to make a playoff push.

So how can a guy who sucks as much as you claim, pick so many players that will make such an impact that they will put this team in a position to make a playoff run? I mean if he sucks then all those players should suck right? Wood, Levitre, Johnson, Williams, Byrd, etc.

Point being this is why group think is dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                        He always does the backtrack routine when he's called on about making stupid comments.
                        No backtracking, I know individual thought is frowned upon though.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

We also have our best players during his drafts as well. So how can one suck yet make picks that end up as our best players?

We don't know that Nix did anything. That's a grand assumption, it may have not even been his call in the end.

BLESTO ranks less small schoolers than National. That much I can confirm 100%.
                          Even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion.

If Nix did not fire Modrack who do you think did? Ralph gave Nix control of the team & at his age is much less involved than he used to be with the running of the team. Modrack had been an on the Bills staff for years so why would Ralph make the call himself to fire him now unless Nix told Ralph he didn't think much of Modrack? If Not Ralph do you think it was Russ Brandon that now has no responsibility for football matters? If not Ralph or Russ then who? The answer is so obvious that even a blind squirrel could find it. The answer is Nix.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

He was the scapegoat. We don't know that Nix fired him. We know he was fired, but as for whom fired him, we don't know that. I mean a basic organizational chart can tell you that multiple people (Ralph, Brandon, Overdorf) all had the pull and ability to terminate Modrack in addition to Nix.

Im not defending Modrack at all, Ive said I have zero issue firing him, it was a move the organization had to make.

However I will argue against the stupidity of every pick he made was great, or that he was the sole reason for the Bills drafts sucking. You've seen multiple fans come in here and say that he was not the sole reason. Yet you claim that for every good pick there were 10 bad picks, an untrue claim. You also can't dispute that during Modrack's time we have drafted our two best players and multiple current starters for our Bills which is a team you claim is in a position to make a playoff push.

So how can a guy who sucks as much as you claim, pick so many players that will make such an impact that they will put this team in a position to make a playoff run? I mean if he sucks then all those players should suck right? Wood, Levitre, Johnson, Williams, Byrd, etc.

Point being this is why group think is dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

No backtracking, I know individual thought is frowned upon though.
                            This is LUDICROUS you call Modrack a scapegoat then deny you defended him or backtracked just incredible & very disingenuous.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

He was the scapegoat. We don't know that Nix fired him. We know he was fired, but as for whom fired him, we don't know that.
                              Since you don't know if Nix fired Modrak then you have no way of knowing if he was a scapegoat.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion.

If Nix did not fire Modrack who do you think did? Ralph gave Nix control of the team & at his age is much less involved than he used to be with the running of the team. Modrack had been an on the Bills staff for years so why would Ralph make the call himself to fire him now unless Nix told Ralph he didn't think much of Modrack? If Not Ralph do you think it was Russ Brandon that now has no responsibility for football matters? If not Ralph or Russ then who? The answer is so obvious that even a blind squirrel could find it. The answer is Nix.
                                Blind Squirrel? You do realize that 8 of our current starters were drafted during Modrack's tenure correct? Have you actually looked at the numbers.

The 2nd half is all blind conjecture. Could it be true? Sure, but we don't know either way.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X