• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Tom Modrak is back!

Buffalo has been a member of BLESTO from the start, I believe, and the fact that they've had some great drafts and some really terrible ones over the years should be evidence that their own staff has a greater impact than the service.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

It's time for the Bills to cancel their subscription with BLESTO.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

I don't think Modrak was the one who drafted Mike Williams, Tim Anderson, Aaron Maybin, etc., so who knows what his thoughts were on those selections. He may have been against them.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          Buffalo has been a member of BLESTO from the start, I believe, and the fact that they've had some great drafts and some really terrible ones over the years should be evidence that their own staff has a greater impact than the service.
          Maybe, like I've said over and over again we don't know how much impact BLESTO has had with past regimes or this one. We know the Bills use them, we know the Bills scout (CJ Leak) is the BLESTO scout for us. We also now know that Tom Modrak will be the director of scouting for those rankings and reports. That's the extent to what we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
          I don't think Modrak was the one who drafted Mike Williams, Tim Anderson, Aaron Maybin, etc., so who knows what his thoughts were on those selections. He may have been against them.
          Absolutely, Ive always thought Modrak has been the scapegoat for many poor selections.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely, Ive always thought Modrak has been the scapegoat for many poor selections.
            Well, obviously Nix does not think much of Modracks ability because he fired him.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
              Well, obviously Nix does not think much of Modracks ability because he fired him.
              Well after a billboard is ridiculously constructed and public pressure is the way it is, why would a new regime want to keep that kind of problem around?

We were literally at a point that people just assumed every pick was going to suck, not that they didnt have reason to.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Well after a billboard is ridiculously constructed and public pressure is the way it is, why would a new regime want to keep that kind of problem around?

We were literally at a point that people just assumed every pick was going to suck, not that they didnt have reason to.
                Since when has Nix cared about what fans thought? Funny thing is that Modrak was the one that recommended that we hire Nix.
                Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-13-2012, 10:23 AM.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  Since when has Nix cared about what fans thought? Funny thing is that Modrak was the one that recommended that we hire Nix.
                  Big difference between caring what fans think and understanding how public perception works as it relates to your fan base getting excited again, buying tickets, etc.

And we are all assuming it was Nix's call to fire Modrak.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Big difference between caring what fans think and understanding how public perception works as it relates to your fan base getting excited again, buying tickets, etc.

And we are all assuming it was Nix's call to fire Modrak.
                    Assuming that Nix made the decision, I doubt he'd fire Modrak regardless of what the fans perception were. Fitz doesn't exactly excite anyone and neither does Young except for Pti.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      I don't understand why people insist on defending anyone associated with the Bills post- 2000.

Ralph, Donahoe, Modrak, Guy, Overdorf, Brandon, Marv- they all have the proverbial blood on their hands.
                      Don't forget Jauron had a huge part of ***** us up too.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Modrak will not have the kind of direct influence that he had as a top level Bills' employee, so this seems like a non-story to me.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                          Assuming that Nix made the decision, I doubt he'd fire Modrak regardless of what the fans perception were. Fitz doesn't exactly excite anyone and neither does Young except for Pti.
                          You're looking at it through a singular view. Nix's job may be strictly team development but the organization has to care about far more than that.

Fitz has proven he can handle the job and Im not sure what relevance Young plays in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
                          Modrak will not have the kind of direct influence that he had as a top level Bills' employee, so this seems like a non-story to me.
                          We don't know that. Again we have zero idea one way or another what or how much influence BLESTO has with how the Bills operate. It could be next to nothing it could be the way they set their board.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

So you REALLY think Nix fired Modrack because he succumbed to public pressure & not because Modrack SUCKED? Come on, get real.
                            Last edited by better days; 06-13-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

We don't know that. Again we have zero idea one way or another what or how much influence BLESTO has with how the Bills operate. It could be next to nothing it could be the way they set their board.
                              I know you like to be a contrarion, but do you really think an employee of BLESTO will have the same clout as a top Bills' player personnel employee? That Nix, Whaley, the Bills's scouts et. al. just say, "OK, let's just swallow everything BLESTO says and let them dictate our draft?"

A reasonable person would find that absurd.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                                • Jul 2002

You're looking at it through a singular view. Nix's job may be strictly team development but the organization has to care about far more than that.
                                Obviously I was talking singular under the assumption that Nix was the one who fired Modrak but I don't know that to be true. If he thought Modrak was an asset, I doubt he would have fired Modrak due to fan pressure. You win fans over by winning games.

Fitz has proven he can handle the job and Im not sure what relevance Young plays in this.
                                Fitz doesn't excite any fans . Young has a lot of question marks from a fans perspective regardless of fan base. Yet, Nix kept Fitz and brought in Young regardless of fan perspective. Another one is Gailey. He wasn't a sexy pick that fans wanted. So once again, I doubt Nix cares about fan pressure or perspective whether it's his FO or players.
                                Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-13-2012, 02:40 PM.
                                sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                                X