Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 350

Thread: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

  1. #101
    Hey man, wanna breed? Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    2,641
    Thanked 4,192 Times in 2,649 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    41
    ZoneBux
    159,739.62
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    159,739.62
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Berger-boy View Post
    Like I care about rights. (Now that's arrogant.)
    No, it's puerile, "you're not the boss of me" juvenalia.
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

  2. #102
    CIA-MIC profiteer extraordinaire Muktar al-Portlandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: al-Sharti
    Posts
    1,676
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked 473 Times in 319 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    45,686.15
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    45,686.15
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    No, it's puerile, "you're not the boss of me" juvenalia.
    And your mamma too!

  3. #103
    PC BSing Homo Historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    31,381
    Thanks
    4,582
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    119
    ZoneBux
    844,558.31
    Bank
    623,741.19
    Total ZoneBux
    1,468,299.50
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible


  4. #104
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,858
    Thanks
    5,415
    Thanked 3,238 Times in 1,908 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    67,288.33
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    67,288.33
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Politenessman shiva banter makes me happy.

  5. #105
    Go Sabres!! Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    971
    Thanks
    404
    Thanked 216 Times in 152 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    12,303.03
    Bank
    70,003.48
    Total ZoneBux
    82,306.51
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    CBO: Feds Borrowing $4.8 billion Per Day in FY 2013, So Far

    This means that the government borrowed $4.8 billion for each calendar day so far in 2013. If the Treasury Department restricted its borrowing to only weekdays, its per day average would jump to $6.5 billion per day thus far in fiscal year 2013.

    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-...fy-2013-so-far

    anyone have a trillion dollars for obama to borrow? anyone? anyone?....
    If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.
    President Obama July/ 2009,

    ...

  6. #106
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,504
    Thanks
    7,246
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,362 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    100,433.67
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    100,433.67
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    CBO: Feds Borrowing $4.8 billion Per Day in FY 2013, So Far

    This means that the government borrowed $4.8 billion for each calendar day so far in 2013. If the Treasury Department restricted its borrowing to only weekdays, its per day average would jump to $6.5 billion per day thus far in fiscal year 2013.

    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-...fy-2013-so-far

    anyone have a trillion dollars for obama to borrow? anyone? anyone?....
    I trust any source that disputes the sacrifice and service of veterans like they did to John Murtha.

  7. #107
    Go Sabres!! Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    971
    Thanks
    404
    Thanked 216 Times in 152 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    12,303.03
    Bank
    70,003.48
    Total ZoneBux
    82,306.51
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    I trust any source that disputes the sacrifice and service of veterans like they did to John Murtha.
    typical...

  8. #108
    PC BSing Homo Historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    31,381
    Thanks
    4,582
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    119
    ZoneBux
    844,558.31
    Bank
    623,741.19
    Total ZoneBux
    1,468,299.50
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible


  9. #109
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,504
    Thanks
    7,246
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,362 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    100,433.67
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    100,433.67
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    typical...
    John Kerry, Tammy Duckworth, Max Cleland, John Murtha, yeah slamming the military service records of Democrat candidates who valiantly served their country and were highly decorated seems to be typical GOP behavior. Careful when you speak Gilly.

  10. #110
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,504
    Thanks
    7,246
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,362 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    100,433.67
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    100,433.67
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    hey look its CDarwin's baby pictures

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    11,820
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 443 Times in 274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42
    ZoneBux
    26,820.09
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,820.09
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    John Kerry, Tammy Duckworth, Max Cleland, John Murtha, yeah slamming the military service records of Democrat candidates who valiantly served their country and were highly decorated seems to be typical GOP behavior. Careful when you speak Gilly.
    I am of the view that military service does not inoculate anyone from criticism regarding current views.
    Military service is what it is. If it is done so voluntarily, it is done for personal reasons.

    Some of the folks mentioned above served at a time when it was not voluntary.

    Still, it is not a get of jail card for bad views.

  12. #112
    short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    50,761
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 252 Times in 192 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    162
    ZoneBux
    14,312.57
    Bank
    23,886.10
    Total ZoneBux
    38,198.67
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    CBO: Feds Borrowing $4.8 billion Per Day in FY 2013, So Far

    This means that the government borrowed $4.8 billion for each calendar day so far in 2013. If the Treasury Department restricted its borrowing to only weekdays, its per day average would jump to $6.5 billion per day thus far in fiscal year 2013.

    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-...fy-2013-so-far

    anyone have a trillion dollars for obama to borrow? anyone? anyone?....
    it's Dubya's fault....
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    11,820
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 443 Times in 274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42
    ZoneBux
    26,820.09
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,820.09
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Berger-boy View Post
    It was political gamesmanship by Sessions. Period. But it's warm milk to you.
    Incorrect.

    Normally, the President submits a budget.
    Congress cobbles it out and eventually they agree.

    This has not happened in years, and that is my point.

    The initial responses to it are always negative, but, eventually, something gets done.

    Perhaps I should have laid all that out initially, but I figured people would know that.

  14. #114
    CIA-MIC profiteer extraordinaire Muktar al-Portlandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: al-Sharti
    Posts
    1,676
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked 473 Times in 319 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    45,686.15
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    45,686.15
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
    Incorrect.

    Normally, the President submits a budget.
    Congress cobbles it out and eventually they agree.

    This has not happened in years, and that is my point.

    The initial responses to it are always negative, but, eventually, something gets done.


    Perhaps I should have laid all that out initially, but I figured people would know that.
    Somthing eventually gets done that has not happened for years? Ok ...

  15. #115
    short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    50,761
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 252 Times in 192 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    162
    ZoneBux
    14,312.57
    Bank
    23,886.10
    Total ZoneBux
    38,198.67
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
    Incorrect.

    Normally, the President submits a budget.
    Congress cobbles it out and eventually they agree.

    This has not happened in years, and that is my point.

    The initial responses to it are always negative, but, eventually, something gets done.

    Perhaps I should have laid all that out initially, but I figured people would know that.

    they're too busy drinking the Obama kool-aid.

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    11,820
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 443 Times in 274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42
    ZoneBux
    26,820.09
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,820.09
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Berger-boy View Post
    Somthing eventually gets done that has not happened for years? Ok ...
    Ya. Something gets done. Until the last few. Tough to grasp?

  17. #117
    CIA-MIC profiteer extraordinaire Muktar al-Portlandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: al-Sharti
    Posts
    1,676
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked 473 Times in 319 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    45,686.15
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    45,686.15
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
    Ya. Something gets done. Until the last few. Tough to grasp?
    Yes. How is it you can conclude nothing got done? You think there have been no spending authorizations signed into law?

  18. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    11,820
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 443 Times in 274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42
    ZoneBux
    26,820.09
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,820.09
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Berger-boy View Post
    Yes. How is it you can conclude nothing got done? You think there have been no spending authorizations signed into law?
    Of course there have been spending authorizations.

    Spending authorizations designed to keep the thing going are not what is desired, anymore than than throwing halon on a fire is a way to prevent fire.

    The President should submit a budget. Congress, the ultimate authority, should battle it out with the executive and and agree to a budget.

    That hasn't happened, and that is a big deal in rating the Obama leadership.

    If you think that emergency spending authorizations are the way to go, you must like this.

    I don't.

  19. #119
    CIA-MIC profiteer extraordinaire Muktar al-Portlandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: al-Sharti
    Posts
    1,676
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked 473 Times in 319 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    45,686.15
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    45,686.15
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
    Of course there have been spending authorizations.

    Spending authorizations designed to keep the thing going are not what is desired, anymore than than throwing halon on a fire is a way to prevent fire.

    The President should submit a budget. Congress, the ultimate authority, should battle it out with the executive and and agree to a budget.

    That hasn't happened, and that is a big deal in rating the Obama leadership.

    If you think that emergency spending authorizations are the way to go, you must like this.

    I don't.
    Can you point to a Republican Congress agreeing with Obama similar to what they did for Bush? It's as if you want to fault Obama for being a Democrat because everyone knows Republicans choose to obfuscate. Shouldn't Obama just become a Republican?

  20. #120
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,504
    Thanks
    7,246
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,362 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    100,433.67
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    100,433.67
    Donate

    Re: Why do republicans think Obama has been so terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
    I am of the view that military service does not inoculate anyone from criticism regarding current views.
    Military service is what it is. If it is done so voluntarily, it is done for personal reasons.

    Some of the folks mentioned above served at a time when it was not voluntary.

    Still, it is not a get of jail card for bad views.
    No no no, Gameboy, the criticism is not of their views, the criticism launched against people like those I named is directly against their military service. The people I mentioned were accused of cowardice, lying about their service, not being brave, and funniest -- or sickest of all (as is the case of Duckworth and Cleland they were called out for hyping up their military service (sorry, if you lose limbs you get to talk about how you lost them).

  21. Post thanked by:

    Historian (12-08-2012)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •