• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
    From what I see... and remember I am just a girl.
    Well, when it comes to football, I think girls are GREAT for leading cheers, keeping the snacks from running out & the drinks refreshed.

Comment

• Blondie
      Dumber than the average blonde :-)
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
      You don't know what the hell you're talking about, and it has nothing to do with you being a girl.

The defense is leaps and bounds better this year, and Mario is one of the reasons why. Sacks will come.
      I hope you are right.. I hope sacks WILL come.

Considering y'all are 3 games in and he hasnt done anything major yet that just says a lot.

Players get paid big bucks because they make big plays. He hasn't made one.

But like you say the D is looking good and sacks WILL come.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by better days View Post
      Well, when it comes to football, I think girls are GREAT for leading cheers, keeping the snacks from running out & the drinks refreshed.
      Good for you.
      I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• TrEd FTW
        • Sep 2008

I hope you are right.. I hope sacks WILL come.

Players get paid big bucks because they make big plays. He hasn't made one.
        1.5 sacks today. Pay attention.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

And compairing him to Bruce Smith is assinine. The only similarities between he and Bruce are that they both play defensive end (though opposite sides) and they both were the number one pick in the draft. Bruce is considered by many to be one of the greatest defensive ends of all time, so let's give that a rest.

He gets paid what he gets paid, using that as a scale to how good he should be is stupid.

He has looked better each week.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

I thought he had a very good game yesterday and showed lots of pressure that caused others to make plays last week. The only flat performance was the opener.

The line is getting better each week as a unit.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

From what I see... and remember I am just a girl..

I see a guy who is out there playing it safe.

He has a paycheck to protect.

He had a good game today but we will really see his worth against the 49ers and the Pats.
              Mario doesn't need to protect his contract. He's already stinking rich, and his current contract includes $50 million of guaranteed money...$50 million.

Anybody that has a problem with Mario being on this team is just being dumb. Who cares how much he makes? It's not your money, and it would likely have gone unspent had we not given it to him. The guy probably needs to shake some rust off after being out for almost a whole year, as well as adjusting to a new team...kinda like Peyton Manning.

Comment

• Blondie
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TrEd FTW View Post
                1.5 sacks today. Pay attention.
                I do pay attention ..

He had 1.5 sacks in ONE game his other 2 games He had ZERO sacks.

ZERO .. let me repeat that ONE more time ZERO sacks.

And they were against the JETS, the CHIEFS and the BROWNS .. your 3 easiest games so far. I can ONLY imagine what he is gonna do against the PATS and the 49ers!

I hope for your sake the PATS suck it again next week!

Wouldn't want pretty boy Mario to actually have to get down and play hard and maybe get dirty! LOL ..
                I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• Blondie
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                  Mario doesn't need to protect his contract. He's already stinking rich, and his current contract includes $50 million of guaranteed money...$50 million.
                  Yeah because guys like him are always smart about their money. LOL ..

He has a paycheck to protect.. if he gets seriously injured and is out another year his career is over.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

I do pay attention ..

And they were against the JETS, the CHIEFS and the BROWNS .. your 3 easiest games so far. I can ONLY imagine what he is gonna do against the PATS and the 49ers!

Wouldn't want pretty boy Mario to actually have to get down and play hard and maybe get dirty! LOL ..
                    It's been 3 games...let me repeat that, 3 games. Calm down, Coastal.

Comment

• Blondie
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                      It's been 3 games...let me repeat that, 3 games. Calm down, Coastal.
                      Did you hear the interview last night with Joe Flacco?? Where he stated he was better than Tom Brady .. everyone laughed even Coastal did and thought that was pretty cocky of him.

I said GOOD for him to have that attitude! I bet he beats Brady tonight .. 3rd quarter rolls around and the PATS were up by I think 2 touch downs .. coastal turns off the game and says see ... GUESS what?? While I was on my way dropping the kids off at school he calls and says: " you were right I was wrong" .. I said about what?? He said the Ravens won and Flacco had a better game than Brady!

I knew the guy would do it .. you can see it in how they play and how they take charge and how they lead the team.

Mario ain't doing that. Sure it has ONLY been 3 games, but they were against 3 teams you all knew you would win. They were the "easy" games. If this is how he is playing against the "easy" teams how do you think he will play against the real teams..

Y'all should have beat the JETS.. **** Miami's rookie QB almost beat the JETS yesterday .. their damn kicker missed the field goal in OT!

If they hadn't paid him as much as they did .. this wouldn't even be a discussion.

You are suppose to get what ya pay for. they paid top dollar for the best and their best has 1.5 sacks ..

He is no different than Peyton Manning .. Broncos paid BIG bucks for him and look at him play .. PATHETIC... (which I am REALLY happy about!)

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

I do pay attention ..

I think you & Coastal need to pay attention to the fact that sacks aren't everything. How he helps his teammates gets sacks is a big deal too. How he helps collapse the pocket...how he stops the run...how he hurries the QB into throwing before he wants to...those are all intangibles that don't show up on a stat sheet directly toward him. But they are showing up as a stat on the unit as a whole. And the unit, as a whole, is working, which is more important than individual stats!!!

Comment

• Blondie
                          • Aug 2012

Ok.. I went and looked up his stats.. he is on his projected target. He is projected to have 37 tackles this year.. so that is 2.3 per game... and thats where he is at after game 3.

So as long as he continues then he is worth the money.

So I will go a little easier.. ok. :-)

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Did you hear the interview last night with Joe Flacco?? Where he stated he was better than Tom Brady .. everyone laughed even Coastal did and thought that was pretty cocky of him.

I said GOOD for him to have that attitude! I bet he beats Brady tonight .. 3rd quarter rolls around and the PATS were up by I think 2 touch downs .. coastal turns off the game and says see ... GUESS what?? While I was on my way dropping the kids off at school he calls and says: " you were right I was wrong" .. I said about what?? He said the Ravens won and Flacco had a better game than Brady!

I knew the guy would do it .. you can see it in how they play and how they take charge and how they lead the team.

Mario ain't doing that. Sure it has ONLY been 3 games, but they were against 3 teams you all knew you would win. They were the "easy" games. If this is how he is playing against the "easy" teams how do you think he will play against the real teams..

Y'all should have beat the JETS.. **** Miami's rookie QB almost beat the JETS yesterday .. their damn kicker missed the field goal in OT!

If they hadn't paid him as much as they did .. this wouldn't even be a discussion.

You are suppose to get what ya pay for. they paid top dollar for the best and their best has 1.5 sacks ..

He is no different than Peyton Manning .. Broncos paid BIG bucks for him and look at him play .. PATHETIC... (which I am REALLY happy about!)
                            So Flacco thinks he's better than Brady, does that mean he ACTUALLY is? Nope, you're (I mean Coastal) still wrong.

It's Mario's fault we lost to the Jets?

You should stop looking at only the sack stat and WATCH how the rest of our D-Line has improved because of the addition of Mario. I'd tell you to ask your 'husband' about it, but I don't think he gets it either.

Comment

• Blondie
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post

You should stop looking at only the sack stat and WATCH how the rest of our D-Line has improved because of the addition of Mario. I'd tell you to ask your 'husband' about it, but I don't think he gets it either.
                              Did you read my last post??

I said I would go easy on the guy if he continues what he is doing??

and people give me **** for not reading ...

Comment

• djjimkelly
                                • Apr 2003

hes drawing doubles has 1.5 sacks and others are stepping up like kyle williams and dareus in fact everyone has looked good since the jets game

they are all a byproduct of each other and we actually get pressure now unlike other years

the mario signing is a win for the bills!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍