• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

The defense is going to get 40-50 sacks, which is a vast improvement over last season. The run defense is also better, although not yet what one could call dominant. The stats will come, as long as everybody stays relatively healthy. Also, they might read a little bit differently if Wannstadt would mix things up a little bit more, and send more guys on occasion. I don't care how good a team's front four is on their own, unless they are going against really ****ty olines the 4 on 5 wins aren't going to come as regularly as some would expect. You've got to send different guys, at different times, and keep the offensive line, backs, and especially the QB guessing. At least we've seen some line stunts the last couple of games, which was literally non-existent against the Jets. I'm not worried about Mario's individual stats nearly as much as I am the performance and results of the entire unit.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
      Did you read my last post??

I said I would go easy on the guy if he continues what he is doing??

and people give me **** for not reading ...
      I assumed that was sarcasm, as you ripped him for not being good, then looked up his projected stats and decided that he was projected to not be good.

Comment

• Blondie
        Dumber than the average blonde :-)
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
        I assumed that was sarcasm, as you ripped him for not being good, then looked up his projected stats and decided that he was projected to not be good.
        With the day I am having I can see if you felt some sarcasm in my post .. LOL

However I was being serious.

His first two games were not good. That is unarguable. However, when I looked at his projected stats and did the math he is right on target. So I said I would go easy. It is kind of hard to argue when you break down the stats and go by them.

I still think he looks like a player who is playing it safe and wanting to protect his paycheck.

He was injured in 2010 and was out for the rest of the year. He was injured again in 2011 and out for the rest of the year .. I am sure he does not want an injury cuz if he goes out again on injury his career will be done. And maybe that is why I see someone who is playing it safe out there.
        I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
          With the day I am having I can see if you felt some sarcasm in my post .. LOL

However I was being serious.

His first two games were not good. That is unarguable. However, when I looked at his projected stats and did the math he is right on target. So I said I would go easy. It is kind of hard to argue when you break down the stats and go by them.

I still think he looks like a player who is playing it safe and wanting to protect his paycheck.

He was injured in 2010 and was out for the rest of the year. He was injured again in 2011 and out for the rest of the year .. I am sure he does not want an injury cuz if he goes out again on injury his career will be done. And maybe that is why I see someone who is playing it safe out there.
          I'm curious about the 'protecting his paycheck' argument.

I understand that some people don't know how to manage their finances, however if he's trying to protect his paycheck then he understands that his money won't come forever. I also thought that there was an 'easy' out for the Bills after 2 or 3 years without costing them a ton of cap space. Does anyone know about that?

If that is true, then he needs to play WELL in order to protect his paycheck, instead of playing safe.

Comment

• Blondie
            • Aug 2012

What does this guy do... all I see is him dancing around.

For his pay his Ass should be all over Brady.
            I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• Blondie
              • Aug 2012

I think Mario and #76 should get a room so they can make out.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
                • Aug 2012

he was invisible today and seemed disinterested when things went south

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

He got his 1 sack last week, just give him 'till week 10 to get another one, and then he'll show all the doubters he's worth his contract.
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Blondie
                    • Aug 2012

Patriots his first real test..

Man I can only imagine what he'll do against the 49ers..

Like I sad he has a paycheck to protect and that is more important ... loser

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Anyone? Bueller?

2 tackles.. Single teamed...

All.

Day.

long... Again.

$100 million.

u can all shampoo my crotch.

Comment

• Blondie
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                        Anyone? Bueller?

2 tackles.. Single teamed...

All.

Day.

long... Again.

$100 million.

u can all shampoo my crotch.
                        Darn it... if I knew going against you would have led to your crotch I would have been all over that!!

Comment

• Gibby
                          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                          • Jun 2006

Dareus and Kyle showed some life today and did make a couple first half plays before they joined the rest of the D in just giving in in the second half. However, yeah Coasty, Mario is a waste. He's done some good things this year, but I cannot justify him paying 100 mill

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
                            Dareus and Kyle showed some life today and did make a couple first half plays before they joined the rest of the D in just giving in in the second half. However, yeah Coasty, Mario is a waste. He's done some good things this year, but I cannot justify him paying 100 mill
                            Thank u.

next step... Getting the rest of the "at least we're relevant" crowd on board.

the "Super Mario" mouth breathers are hopeless.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

LOL, where are all those people that were defending him?
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• billsburgh
                                • Jul 2003

the biggest thing I've noticed while watching Williams is how slow he is off the ball. He has no burst or explosion off the line and is easily blocked every play.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍