Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1644

Thread: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    YOU and your idiot husband are the trolls...no, really.

Why the personal vendetta against Mario? I made a point that you chose to ignore. I asked an innocuous question that you chose ignore. It's the same garbage from you two no matter how well Mario plays is the point. You have to have a GREAT year to make first-team ALL-PRO...pretty much top two at your position. But hey, you know that already, don't you? If you know that, you must also know that looking at the stat sheet will not tell you what happened. How many Bills games have you actually watched? Are you even a fan?

What the hell does Warren Sapp being a douchebag have to do with anything?

What's it to you how much money Mario makes? Is it really worth 61 pages to say that he's overpaid? I don't think too many people would even argue with that premise, which is the irony of the whole thing. That's how much he cost, though. What are you and your idiot husband going to do when Mario is off the team?
    Mario Williams could have a 10 sack game and Blondie and Coastal would get on here and say "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn even once in a while".

They don't like the Bills anyway so there's that.
    Last edited by pmoon6; 12-30-2015 at 03:26 AM.

2. Post thanked by:

feldspar (01-02-2016)

Dumber than the average blonde :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,874 Times in 6,862 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Mario Williams could have a 10 sack game and Blondie and Coastal would get on here and say "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn even once in a while".

They don't like the Bills anyway so there's that.
    I actually like the BILLS, not as much as my BUCS (Well maybe this year)

Quit being a hater and keeping this thread going!
    I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't care to read this whole thread. Nobody can argue that Mario's play wasn't disappointing this year, regardless of Rex and Thurman's schemes...even if he made half of what he makes. What I wonder is if anyone mentioned his apparent attitude this season? Sure a player can be angry at the schemes, but with that much talent and salary I'd still expect a much less pathetic effort. I'd love if Mario and Rex both could have a change of heart.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dear Zoners,

I hereby make this solemn promise to each and everyone of you... the moment Mario Williams is cut, I will never post in this thread again. Why you may ask... well quite simply because it will be done. This loser of a "football player" will no longer be a part of the team I love. As such... who cares wtf he is doing or what he's done. It will be time to move on.

All along my point has been that The signing of Mario Williams to the highest defensive player contract in the history of the NFL to a guy that was providing diminishing returns year upon year was not a wise move. Not just that... but once Mario was in town he was saying things like "I'm not here to be a leader."

Those were huge red flags.

in three years here, Schwartz was able to get one "decent" year out of him... but if everyone is truly being honest... he took games off that year... not just plays... but games.

And now this quote from a teammate...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-checked-out/

“It’s been clear to me that Mario doesn’t care about anybody but himself,” the teammate said. “He followed that up by not giving any effort during the season and complaining about the scheme instead of manning up and saying he played like crap and doesn’t care.”

the only thing I ask as the book on Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams comes to an end, is for everyone to see him for what he was and is... a super talented DE who is a career pay check collector... not a warrior... and certainly not a HOF DE ala Deacon Jones, Bruce Smith, and Reggie White.

For as difficult as it is for some of you to admit due to how shiny he may seem... he is what I've said from the beginning...

Fool's Gold.

tide out.

7. Post thanked by:

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Dear Zoners,

I hereby make this solemn promise to each and everyone of you... the moment Mario Williams is cut, I will never post in this thread again. Why you may ask... well quite simply because it will be done. This loser of a "football player" will no longer be a part of the team I love. As such... who cares wtf he is doing or what he's done. It will be time to move on.

All along my point has been that The signing of Mario Williams to the highest defensive player contract in the history of the NFL to a guy that was providing diminishing returns year upon year was not a wise move. Not just that... but once Mario was in town he was saying things like "I'm not here to be a leader."

Those were huge red flags.

in three years here, Schwartz was able to get one "decent" year out of him... but if everyone is truly being honest... he took games off that year... not just plays... but games.

And now this quote from a teammate...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-checked-out/

“It’s been clear to me that Mario doesn’t care about anybody but himself,” the teammate said. “He followed that up by not giving any effort during the season and complaining about the scheme instead of manning up and saying he played like crap and doesn’t care.”

the only thing I ask as the book on Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams comes to an end, is for everyone to see him for what he was and is... a super talented DE who is a career pay check collector... not a warrior... and certainly not a HOF DE ala Deacon Jones, Bruce Smith, and Reggie White.

For as difficult as it is for some of you to admit due to how shiny he may seem... he is what I've said from the beginning...

Fool's Gold.

tide out.
    As difficult as it might seem for you. The term "fools gold" is what bothers people like me. Since fools gold is worthless all the time and will ever amount to anything. You even say that he showed up at times. So, how can something so worthless be so good at times.

I will go so far as to say that one of the questions about him from the beginning was his work ethic and how he takes plays off. I will never say that he took games off, but I don't feel he as motivated an individual as I would have liked and there were large stretches of games and weeks where he did not seem to be motivated. That is difficult to fathom for an average individual when that kind of money is on the line. And isn't it all about that? The money? In the end, I don't care how much they paid him or what they could have gotten instead. They got the best player on the market at his position (pass rusher) on the market and at the time, it wasn't something that the Bills had ever done before. I liked the move and will look forward to the Bills being a player for free agents in the future. From that perspective, now free agents know the Bills will pay to get people and free agents will think about coming here. So, it is good from that perspective as well.

I'm sorry it didn't work out. I hope that his release will get more people to buy into the system and they can get more players that will help with that as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This thread had always been about one thing: coastal.

That's what this thread is about.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hate the fact that you can't edit after several minutes. Instead of ever, I meant never.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    now free agents know the Bills will pay to get people and free agents will think about coming here. So, it is good from that perspective as well.
    So it's good free agents will know hey can get paid a ridiculous amount of money to come here and not be a leader?

16 years

12. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This thread had always been about one thing: coastal.

That's what this thread is about.
    I'm better at the interwebs message board thing than u... but I give you borderline B-list status... so you got that going for u.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,530 Times in 17,423 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So I can lock this thread when he gets released?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

15. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm better at the interwebs message board thing than u...
    I wouldn't be particularly proud of that.

I bet you knock 'em dead being a major douchebag in the comments section on YouTube as well. That right there takes major talent.

I bet you think you're famous too, don't ya, dip****?

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Remember when Coastal thought that signing Mark Anderson was a good signing but Mario was not? This was a fun little conversation that he and I had when this awful thread was still on page 3. It shows his great use of the English language and debate skills while arguing his point.

Anderson was a good signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Why did you say that signing Anderson was a good signing and Mario wasn't?
    Because I'm smart.

Next.
    Mark Anderson's 1 sack for the Bills in all 5 games he played was surely more significant than Mario's 42 sacks in 4 years while starting every game but 1.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    So I can lock this thread when he gets released?
    You have my consent...

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be particularly proud of that.

I bet you knock 'em dead being a major douchebag in the comments section on YouTube as well. That right there takes major talent.

I bet you think you're famous too, don't ya, dip****?
    back to the C-list with ya...

19. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Remember when Coastal thought that signing Mark Anderson was a good signing but Mario was not? This was a fun little conversation that he and I had when this awful thread was still on page 3. It shows his great use of the English language and debate skills while arguing his point.

Mark Anderson's 1 sack for the Bills in all 5 games he played was surely more significant than Mario's 42 sacks in 4 years while starting every game but 1.
    LOL!!!!

You care that much about this and me to be digging up crap like this in some feeble attempt to tilt the table away from me?

Anderson suffered a career ending injury.

Mario faked wrist surgery.

i win.

u dont.

loser.

SpikedLemonade

I liked the idea of signing an elite FA in an attempt to make the Bills relevant again.

I did not like Mario himself. His work ethic has always been inconsistent and when a team pays you that kind of elite money, leadership is mandatory and not an option.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LOL!!!!

You care that much about this and me to be digging up crap like this in some feeble attempt to tilt the table away from me?

Anderson suffered a career ending injury.

Mario faked wrist surgery.

i win.

u dont.

loser.
    Mario has missed 1 game during his tenure in Buffalo, and it was this year. His wrist injury did not cause him to miss any games.

Our convo started on the 2nd page. It was just a foreshadowing of how ignorant your arguments were going to be during this entire thread.

Mark Anderson was on pace for 3.5 sacks when he went down with an injury. Is that HOF material for you? I mean, he was probably trying his hardest.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    I liked the idea of signing an elite FA in an attempt to make the Bills relevant again.

I did not like Mario himself. His work ethic has always been inconsistent and when a team pays you that kind of elite money, leadership is mandatory and not an option.
    This signing was ALL Russ Brandon.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mario has missed 1 game during his tenure in Buffalo, and it was this year. His wrist injury did not cause him to miss any games.

Our convo started on the 2nd page. It was just a foreshadowing of how ignorant your arguments were going to be during this entire thread.

Mark Anderson was on pace for 3.5 sacks when he went down with an injury. Is that HOF material for you? I mean, he was probably trying his hardest.
    Quit slobbering on the keyboard.

Means mArio didn't miss anytime because he didn't do anything to get himself injured... Rush outside.. Lock out with two hands on the OT... dance from side to side... amble over toward the tackle pile...

repeat.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quit slobbering on the keyboard.

Means mArio didn't miss anytime because he didn't do anything to get himself injured... Rush outside.. Lock out with two hands on the OT... dance from side to side... amble over toward the tackle pile...

repeat.
    Eh, at least your wife agrees with you.