Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1644

Thread: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Not sure what's funny.

Rex did say that and I agree that Mario was having a good game. Run D and rushing the passer.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    Not sure what's funny.

Rex did say that and I agree that Mario was having a good game. Run D and rushing the passer.
    14 tackles and 3 sacks for the whole damn year.

what an unstoppable force.

3. Post thanked by:

Blondie (11-25-2015),Mr. Cynical (11-27-2015),Novacane (11-28-2015),TacklingDummy (11-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    14 tackles and 3 sacks for the whole damn year.

what an unstoppable force.
    Have you noticed that everyones numbers including Hughes is down under Rex's scheme?

Dumber than the average blonde :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,881 Times in 6,867 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Have you noticed that everyones numbers including Hughes is down under Rex's scheme?
    Well thank god Rex came along... Mario now has a solid excuse ;-)
    I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

6. Post thanked by:

swiper (11-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Well thank god Rex came along... Mario now has a solid excuse ;-)
    Yep. And watch him use it to refuse to renegotiate his contract.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Yep. And watch him use it to refuse to renegotiate his contract.
    One can only hope... forces the Bills hand!

buh.

bye.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So wait... Are Buffalonians turning their backs on Mario??
    No

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So wait... Are Buffalonians turning their backs on Mario??
    I've been pretty much in the "eh" camp after his first year here. He simply does not dominate games. Ever. And he takes about 50% of the plays off. Yeah, people say he is double teamed but I'm tired of that bs. I've watched him in games (live) just to track his efforts. And in no way can anyone tell me he doesn't coast half the time.

So for me, I'd do a heavy, heavy restructure or let him go fish elsewhere. We'll see this Sunday how much of an impact he really has given he'll be out. The challenge is Kyle is out, so the line isn't all there, but still....if they dominate the game, it goes a long way into showing how much impact he really has.

11. Post thanked by:

Blondie (11-29-2015),coastal (11-28-2015),Novacane (11-28-2015)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
    I've been pretty much in the "eh" camp after his first year here. He simply does not dominate games. Ever. And he takes about 50% of the plays off. Yeah, people say he is double teamed but I'm tired of that bs. I've watched him in games (live) just to track his efforts. And in no way can anyone tell me he doesn't coast half the time.

So for me, I'd do a heavy, heavy restructure or let him go fish elsewhere. We'll see this Sunday how much of an impact he really has given he'll be out. The challenge is Kyle is out, so the line isn't all there, but still....if they dominate the game, it goes a long way into showing how much impact he really has.

Im pretty sure marios out tomorrow
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Buffalo Bills have the longest active playoff drought in North America, and anything that questions the status quo is met with 56 pages of vitriol.

Rex accomplished more in his first 2 years as a head coach than the Buffalo Bills have achieved in a quarter of a century, and folks want to run him out of town because he is "using the 100 million dollar man wrong".

When it's all said and done, your concession money went towards funding the Mario Williams era--with a high water mark of 9 wins and no playoff appearances. OP will get 0 credit for his stance, but the record books will show that Mario did NOTHING here. Watch the Bills go on a run with him and Kyle out for the rest of the season and play the best D they have played in 20 years...

The Bills have been bad for so long that their entire demographic (18-34 year old males) has absolutely NO knowledge of what a successful organization looks like when run right. I'll give you a hint: it doesn't tie up a quarter billion on a d line that can't get to the QB without sending in 3 extra blitzers.
    Last edited by JohnnyGold; 11-28-2015 at 08:18 AM.

14. Post thanked by:

Blondie (11-29-2015),coastal (11-28-2015),Famous Amos (11-28-2015),MillsapsBillsFan (11-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wow. In all of North America.

Someone had to do a little bit of research for that stat. I'm impressed.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Wow. In all of North America.

Someone had to do a little bit of research for that stat. I'm impressed.
    it was the Toronto blue jays until this year. Now it's us

17. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    The Buffalo Bills have the longest active playoff drought in North America, and anything that questions the status quo is met with 56 pages of vitriol.

Rex accomplished more in his first 2 years as a head coach than the Buffalo Bills have achieved in a quarter of a century, and folks want to run him out of town because he is "using the 100 million dollar man wrong".

When it's all said and done, your concession money went towards funding the Mario Williams era--with a high water mark of 9 wins and no playoff appearances. OP will get 0 credit for his stance, but the record books will show that Mario did NOTHING here. Watch the Bills go on a run with him and Kyle out for the rest of the season and play the best D they have played in 20 years...

The Bills have been bad for so long that their entire demographic (18-34 year old males) has absolutely NO knowledge of what a successful organization looks like when run right. I'll give you a hint: it doesn't tie up a quarter billion on a d line that can't get to the QB without sending in 3 extra blitzers.
    This is how you post.
    No snark, no personal shots, reasonable and concise.
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

19. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-28-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will say that I think Mario signaled a change off the field with finally making Buffalo an attractive free agent destination. He was the first real marquee free agent that we got here and I think that was a big step forward. Now on the field Mario did have his moments, but probably not 100 million worth. Im not quite as hard on Mario as many of those on the board are, but I do think after this season its time to renegotiate his contract and move on if he's not willing.

On your last point thats very true. I know what a successful organization is, and I know its not the Bills (though I do think they're finally taking steps in the right direction). Im 22 years old and I don't ever remember a successful Bills team (I know there have been some in my lifetime, but I was too young to remember).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    Of course he is.

he was done the moment he opened his mouth publicly against this coaching staff.

hes going to turn himself into a victim of a coach who mismanaged his talents and shop himself to the next highest bidder in line this coming offseason.

- - - Updated - - -

This x 100,000,000

22. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    There's been talk that he might be out for the remainder of the season. Not good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Amos View Post
    This is how you post.
    No snark, no personal shots, reasonable and concise.
    No way man. If you don't agree with someone's post. You have to do the Swiper and put them down until they stop posting in the thread.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

While I agree with your point. At the time the Bills signed Mario they needed a legit pass rusher and he fit the bill. Then, a few years down the road. Dareus turned into a monster and I think they learned their lesson when letting Pat Williams walk. You couldn't let Dareus walk after this season. I hope they rework Mario's deal. If he doesn't want to play ball, they should try to trade him or cut him if they can't find a willing partner.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So he was using a scooter at OBD this week?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buff...15-nfl-week-12

Thanks
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 4,017 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yesterday wasn't the best defense they've played in 20 years.

Sorry, but people aren't complaining because Rex is misplaying 1 player, it is because he is misplaying the entire defense, or at the very least, the front 7.

If you want to blame one person for the defense's fall to mediocrity, we all know who that person is. He has a magnificent ego, believed the hype of his genius far too much, especially considering his defenses of the past 4 years.

If this was a first year coordinator who did this to the defense, he might not have made it through 8 games.

As far as his record..he took a team he inherited to the playoffs. Maybe we can bring Dick Jauron back, he once took the Bears to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold
    Glad you non-bigoted up from your 2 year nap in time for the Rex Ryan era. What you missed...before he got here, the overpaid front 4 actually WAS getting to the QB without blitzing, and it was doing better than any team in the NFL.

That wasn't good enough for The Ego, because is wasn't being done HIS way.

When he first showed up, he said, "If I were the Bills, I wouldn't be happy being the 4th best D in the league."

I wonder if he's re-thinking that statement.

28. Post thanked by: