• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

If you take Mario's pay this season and divide it by those 17 combined tackles this year, he has got almost 1.2 million dollars per stop.

Holy income inequality, Batman!
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

Rex is Fools Gold. I saw Darius at over 300LBS drop into coverage again. The team has quite on his stupid approach.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

Fools Coastal

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
          Yay, I don't know what it means to be an All-Pro ...

Please Warren Sapp was an All Pro and a Hall of Famer.. I still think he is a POS too ...

I don't have to watch EVERY game to know whether or not a player is or isn't worthy of the salary Mario "All Pro Super Mario" Williams is worth... He isn't worth the amount the BILLS signed him for.

He has played it safe, to have little no to injury so he doesn't have to waste all those millions on the medical bills he will be seeing post his NFL career..

What's funny is you asshats can't even be honest about the kind of player Mario is, yet have the nerve to assume I don't even know what an All-Pro player is ..

Bwahahahahaha...

Who really are the trolls??
          YOU and your idiot husband are the trolls...no, really.

Why the personal vendetta against Mario? I made a point that you chose to ignore. I asked an innocuous question that you chose ignore. It's the same garbage from you two no matter how well Mario plays is the point. You have to have a GREAT year to make first-team ALL-PRO...pretty much top two at your position. But hey, you know that already, don't you? If you know that, you must also know that looking at the stat sheet will not tell you what happened. How many Bills games have you actually watched? Are you even a fan?

What the hell does Warren Sapp being a douchebag have to do with anything?

What's it to you how much money Mario makes? Is it really worth 61 pages to say that he's overpaid? I don't think too many people would even argue with that premise, which is the irony of the whole thing. That's how much he cost, though. What are you and your idiot husband going to do when Mario is off the team?

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
            Houston let him walk because they didn't want to pay a DE megabucks. No more, no less.
            That, and they were moving into a 3-4 where he wasn't a natural fit and still isn't.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              YOU and your idiot husband are the trolls...no, really.

Why the personal vendetta against Mario? I made a point that you chose to ignore. I asked an innocuous question that you chose ignore. It's the same garbage from you two no matter how well Mario plays is the point. You have to have a GREAT year to make first-team ALL-PRO...pretty much top two at your position. But hey, you know that already, don't you? If you know that, you must also know that looking at the stat sheet will not tell you what happened. How many Bills games have you actually watched? Are you even a fan?

What the hell does Warren Sapp being a douchebag have to do with anything?

What's it to you how much money Mario makes? Is it really worth 61 pages to say that he's overpaid? I don't think too many people would even argue with that premise, which is the irony of the whole thing. That's how much he cost, though. What are you and your idiot husband going to do when Mario is off the team?
              Mario Williams could have a 10 sack game and Blondie and Coastal would get on here and say "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn even once in a while".

They don't like the Bills anyway so there's that.
              Last edited by pmoon6; 12-30-2015, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Blondie
                Smarter than most men here :-)
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                Mario Williams could have a 10 sack game and Blondie and Coastal would get on here and say "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn even once in a while".

They don't like the Bills anyway so there's that.
                I actually like the BILLS, not as much as my BUCS (Well maybe this year)

Quit being a hater and keeping this thread going!
                I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Comment

• PuntKicker
                    • Sep 2015

I didn't care to read this whole thread. Nobody can argue that Mario's play wasn't disappointing this year, regardless of Rex and Thurman's schemes...even if he made half of what he makes. What I wonder is if anyone mentioned his apparent attitude this season? Sure a player can be angry at the schemes, but with that much talent and salary I'd still expect a much less pathetic effort. I'd love if Mario and Rex both could have a change of heart.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Dear Zoners,

I hereby make this solemn promise to each and everyone of you... the moment Mario Williams is cut, I will never post in this thread again. Why you may ask... well quite simply because it will be done. This loser of a "football player" will no longer be a part of the team I love. As such... who cares wtf he is doing or what he's done. It will be time to move on.

All along my point has been that The signing of Mario Williams to the highest defensive player contract in the history of the NFL to a guy that was providing diminishing returns year upon year was not a wise move. Not just that... but once Mario was in town he was saying things like "I'm not here to be a leader."

Those were huge red flags.

in three years here, Schwartz was able to get one "decent" year out of him... but if everyone is truly being honest... he took games off that year... not just plays... but games.

And now this quote from a teammate...

Bills pass-rusher Mario Williams has been complaining about the team's defensive scheme for months, and the team has already decided this will be his last week with the team.

“It’s been clear to me that Mario doesn’t care about anybody but himself,” the teammate said. “He followed that up by not giving any effort during the season and complaining about the scheme instead of manning up and saying he played like crap and doesn’t care.”

the only thing I ask as the book on Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams comes to an end, is for everyone to see him for what he was and is... a super talented DE who is a career pay check collector... not a warrior... and certainly not a HOF DE ala Deacon Jones, Bruce Smith, and Reggie White.

For as difficult as it is for some of you to admit due to how shiny he may seem... he is what I've said from the beginning...

Fool's Gold.

tide out.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                        Dear Zoners,

I hereby make this solemn promise to each and everyone of you... the moment Mario Williams is cut, I will never post in this thread again. Why you may ask... well quite simply because it will be done. This loser of a "football player" will no longer be a part of the team I love. As such... who cares wtf he is doing or what he's done. It will be time to move on.

All along my point has been that The signing of Mario Williams to the highest defensive player contract in the history of the NFL to a guy that was providing diminishing returns year upon year was not a wise move. Not just that... but once Mario was in town he was saying things like "I'm not here to be a leader."

Those were huge red flags.

in three years here, Schwartz was able to get one "decent" year out of him... but if everyone is truly being honest... he took games off that year... not just plays... but games.

And now this quote from a teammate...

Bills pass-rusher Mario Williams has been complaining about the team's defensive scheme for months, and the team has already decided this will be his last week with the team.

“It’s been clear to me that Mario doesn’t care about anybody but himself,” the teammate said. “He followed that up by not giving any effort during the season and complaining about the scheme instead of manning up and saying he played like crap and doesn’t care.”

the only thing I ask as the book on Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams comes to an end, is for everyone to see him for what he was and is... a super talented DE who is a career pay check collector... not a warrior... and certainly not a HOF DE ala Deacon Jones, Bruce Smith, and Reggie White.

For as difficult as it is for some of you to admit due to how shiny he may seem... he is what I've said from the beginning...

Fool's Gold.

tide out.
                        As difficult as it might seem for you. The term "fools gold" is what bothers people like me. Since fools gold is worthless all the time and will ever amount to anything. You even say that he showed up at times. So, how can something so worthless be so good at times.

I will go so far as to say that one of the questions about him from the beginning was his work ethic and how he takes plays off. I will never say that he took games off, but I don't feel he as motivated an individual as I would have liked and there were large stretches of games and weeks where he did not seem to be motivated. That is difficult to fathom for an average individual when that kind of money is on the line. And isn't it all about that? The money? In the end, I don't care how much they paid him or what they could have gotten instead. They got the best player on the market at his position (pass rusher) on the market and at the time, it wasn't something that the Bills had ever done before. I liked the move and will look forward to the Bills being a player for free agents in the future. From that perspective, now free agents know the Bills will pay to get people and free agents will think about coming here. So, it is good from that perspective as well.

I'm sorry it didn't work out. I hope that his release will get more people to buy into the system and they can get more players that will help with that as well.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

This thread had always been about one thing: coastal.

That's what this thread is about.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

I hate the fact that you can't edit after several minutes. Instead of ever, I meant never.

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                              now free agents know the Bills will pay to get people and free agents will think about coming here. So, it is good from that perspective as well.
                              So it's good free agents will know hey can get paid a ridiculous amount of money to come here and not be a leader?

16 years

Comment

• coastal
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                                This thread had always been about one thing: coastal.

That's what this thread is about.
                                I'm better at the interwebs message board thing than u... but I give you borderline B-list status... so you got that going for u.

Comment

Working...
                                X