• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Feels like I just passed a $100M gall stone. Ahhhhh.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

You just can't make this up.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by coastal View Post
        You just can't make this up.
        I made a solemn promise not to.

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

Now the Phins will have to make a decision on Oliver Vernon and Cameron Wake. Wake had more sacks in half as many games as Williams and Vernon had more sacks and three times as many tackles.

Looks to me that the Dolphins would have been better served signing their own players.

Comment

• Blondie
            Smarter than most men here :-)
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            C'mon now, the guy must not be getting enough attention at home. Blondie must be on vacation or blowing the neighbor, I wonder how close he lives to Mario.
            I can ASSURE you, that he gets PLENTY of attention at home .... Coastal was a smart man and married a chick what will throw a MAJOR ****ing temper tantrum when she does not get his attention... now go back to playing with your dick, it appears its all you got
            I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
              I can ASSURE you, that he gets PLENTY of attention at home .... Coastal was a smart man and married a chick what will throw a MAJOR ****ing temper tantrum when she does not get his attention... now go back to playing with your dick, it appears its all you got
              Whoa, where have you been this whole time? I'm surprised you found some free time to post now that Mario is in town, how's your jaw?

Coastal was a smart man and married a chick what will throw a MAJOR ****ing temper tantrum when she does not get his attention...
              That honestly sounds like a miserable situation.

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Coastal was a smart man and married a chick what will throw a MAJOR ****ing temper tantrum when she does not get his attention.
                Portrait of the new age American, especially American women.

Still children even in their 40's.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Comment

• Topas
                    German smartass
                    • Feb 2014

Bert, that is ... ehrrm ... irritating, to say the least

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Comment

• Historian
                        • Dec 2002

this has never been about Mario "Super Fool's Gold" Williams. This has always been about the decision making process that went into making him the highest paid defensive player in the franchise's and NFL's history.

We went all in on this guy and what was the return...

...16 years and counting. It's that simple.

If you want to make this thread about my hate or obsession with one person... that person isn't Mario Williams.

its Russ Brandon.

he has sold you the Fool's Gold and pawned it off as real.

All ive done is try to help educate you all as to the reality of what you bought hook line and sinker.
                        This is the best post in this thread. (I edited it down for brevity)

I haven't commented on the Mario situation, because I was taking a little time to digest it all, while focusing on hockey, but the crux of the matter for me, was that you could take more than a handful of names over the last sixteen seasons, and replace them with "Mario Williams".

Some examples:

Drew Bledsoe
                        Terrell Owens
                        Lawyer Malloy
                        Derrick Dockery
                        Kawika Mitchell

Then there's the draft picks:

Donte Whitner
                        JP Losman
                        Willis McGahee
                        Chris Kelsay
                        Leodis McDumbass
                        CJ Spiller
                        Torell Troup
                        Aaron Maybin

Then there's just the plain bad luck:

Kevin Everett

Look at some of those names. Players we went "all out on. Think about not just their performance, but the alternatives that we did NOT take because of them.

Mario Williams is just the latest in a very long string of splash signings, all in the name of selling tickets, to cover the fact that this has been a very bad football team.

The irony, in my mind, is that despite all this, ticket sales are again reaching record numbers. At this point I don't think anyone even cares about what goes on on the field.

They're just there for a party.

I'm with Coastal on this one, because of the pattern. Everyone misfires once and a while, but sixteen years of it, in the era of free agency, is unconscionable, IMO.

At some point even the Pegulas are going to tire of it.

The front office needs gutted, as does the scouting staff.

On a personal note, when your kid asks you, "Were the Bills ever any good?" it's kind of sad.

As bad as the '70's were, we at least had some successes.

The last twenty years have been painful...not to mention costly.
                        Last edited by Historian; 03-10-2016, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                          This is the best post in this thread. (I edited it down for brevity)
                          Kind of humorous that the best post in this thread still had to be edited.

Here's a thread I started on a different site... I was bombed with hate over it.

Im still wondering why... 1 tackle for a million dollars...

can I get a woot woot?!
                          Here's the worst post in this thread, the very first one. It also includes the worst sentence in this thread, which is also the very first one.

Why would someone who was 'bombed with hate' somewhere else post the exact same thread here? What would be the point? This whole thread has been a big jerk off.

I haven't commented on the Mario situation, because I was taking a little time to digest it all, while focusing on hockey, but the crux of the matter for me, was that you could take more than a handful of names over the last sixteen seasons, and replace them with "Mario Williams".

Some examples:

Drew Bledsoe
                          Terrell Owens
                          Lawyer Malloy
                          Derrick Dockery
                          Kawika Mitchell

Then there's the draft picks:

Donte Whitner
                          JP Losman
                          Willis McGahee
                          Chris Kelsay
                          Leodis McDumbass
                          CJ Spiller
                          Torell Troup
                          Aaron Maybin

Then there's just the plain bad luck:

Kevin Everett

Look at some of those names. Players we went "all out on. Think about not just their performance, but the alternatives that we did NOT take because of them.

Mario Williams is just the latest in a very long string of splash signings, all in the name of selling tickets, to cover the fact that this has been a very bad football team.

The irony, in my mind, is that despite all this, ticket sales are again reaching record numbers. At this point I don't think anyone even cares about what goes on on the field.

They're just there for a party.

I'm with Coastal on this one, because of the pattern. Everyone misfires once and a while, but sixteen years of it, in the era of free agency, is unconscionable, IMO.

At some point even the Pegulas are going to tire of it.

The front office needs gutted, as does the scouting staff.

On a personal note, when your kid asks you, "Were the Bills ever any good?" it's kind of sad.

As bad as the '70's were, we at least had some successes.

The last twenty years have been painful...not to mention costly.
                          It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to understand that the front office of a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 16 years has made some bad decisions. However, you can't fault the current front office for making the decisions that were made 8 years ago. They should be criticized for the more recent bad decisions.

Comment

• Historian
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                            It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to understand that the front office of a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 16 years has made some bad decisions. However, you can't fault the current front office for making the decisions that were made 8 years ago. They should be criticized for the more recent bad decisions.
                            And that's the whole point to this thread. Just the latest in a long line of high profile misfires.

Go into the thread I just bumped up for you, and read my post #82.

These are the people I'm talking about. (and the service numbers come right out of the 2015 media guide) not Rex, Doug, etc.

This is part of the power structure that has been in place since at least Polian.

Comment

• sukie
                              Seriously?
                              • Sep 2012

And that's the whole point to this thread. Just the latest in a long line of high profile misfires.

Go into the thread I just bumped up for you, and read my post #82.

These are the people I'm talking about. (and the service numbers come right out of the 2015 media guide) not Rex, Doug, etc.

This is part of the power structure that has been in place since at least Polian.
                              How does one misfire without at least firing? Seems like a hindsight thing.

Comment

• Swiper
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                                How does one misfire without at least firing? Seems like a hindsight thing.
                                If I had eyes in the back of my head I would have never let the owner of Roman Cafe catch me stealing that roll of TP from the men's room.

Comment

Working...
                                X