• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
    Try playing football one time in your life with a wrist injury. See how well you do. I dont think so
    Is that a "no"?

ive played hockey with two Cup champions... won the NYS Championships one year and finished 3rd in the nation.

also was in the Empire state games for crew.

the only time an injury affected my performance during competition was a hip pointer.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

You havent done ****. Never heard of that bum thats for sure

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
        Never heard of that bum thats for sure
        Bill Miller ran a summer power skating clinic in Orchard Park among other things.

Players like his son Aaron Miller and Todd Marchant learned the game from him.

i could only strive to be that kind of bum.

Bottomline... im not a liar and never have been.

still doesn't change the fact the Mario is on pace for 40 tackles and 8 sacks... As long as he gets to play against another ****ty OT or two.

Fool's Gold.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by coastal View Post
          still doesn't change the fact the Mario is on pace for 40 tackles and 8 sacks... As long as he gets to play against another ****ty OT or two.

Fool's Gold.
          Sticking with those numbers for Mario?

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Mario had a solid game. Not flashy but he had a big impact in the run game and pushed the pocket in the pass game. Moore is still our best pure pass rusher but Mario is starting to be a major factor for us.

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Mario wasn't the key last night.

Kyle Williams and Dareus put on a show.

Also, considering Mario went against another rookie OT whose biggest weakness is strength at the point, his performance was entirely unimpressive.

The bulk of Mario's production has been against two rookie OTs and a 2nd year 7th round pick.

I see a soft football player that can be so much more than what he is.

like I've been saying all along...

Fool's Gold

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Up to this point, Mario still isn't any better than Shobel .
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Also, considering Mario went against another rookie OT whose biggest weakness is strength at the point, his performance was entirely unimpressive.

The bulk of Mario's production has been against two rookie OTs and a 2nd year 7th round pick.

Fool's Gold
                  Oh for the love of Christ you're either being intentionally obtuse or just don't understand football in the least bit, which I know you do. This act is ridiculous.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• delectrolux
                    • May 2007

Okay, so last night, Mario Williams tied last season's total sack leader (Dareus with 5.5). With six games to go. With cap space and money to spend, why worry about the amount of money the Bills are paying him? He is currently leading the team, followed closely by Kyle Williams, who is .5 a sack away from his career high, with six game to go. You don't think Mario's presence has anything to do with Kyle's career year? What about Moore's sudden emergence as a pass rushing threat? He's got 2 sacks in 6 games – that's 2 more than he had in all 19 of his previous games combined.

In Mario's last full season, he got 8.5 sacks. You don't think Nix understood what he was getting? Fool's gold implies that the team thought they were getting something better than he is. I maintain they knew exactly what they were getting. They totally overpaid – but as has been stated repeatedly, Nix is working against the decade of losing, he's working against the negative perception of the Bills and Buffalo as a city, and he's working against a perception that Ralph is cheap. Overpaying is what you do to set a new standard.

Up to this point, Mario still isn't any better than Shobel.
                    Well duh, Schobel was really good for a long time. At this point in his career Schobel (2005-06, when he was 28-29, Mario is 27) had 12 and 14 sack seasons. If he was a free agent after his seventh year, Schobel would have gotten a huge payday too.

Mario is a good DE. He's having an average season, but he's still got more sacks than everyone else on the team. So who cares how much they paid him? I know, I know, they could have gotten a DE with 6 sacks and a better LB or CB with the same money – okay who?

33 year old Andre Carter with his 4 games played and 1 sack?
                    Rookie Jared Crick with 0 sacks
                    No free agent DE signed this past year has more sacks than Mario. Wimbley with the Titans is next closest with 3.5

So if they signed some scrub who would have maybe 2 sacks this year, you'd be complaining that it was a typical One Bills Drive move and they should have gone after somebody like Williams who would be leading the team in sacks right now.
                    Last edited by delectrolux; 11-16-2012, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• cookie G
                      • Mar 2003

Fool's Gold
                      He played well last night, and it showed what the defense can look like when he decides to play.

The problem is this business of showing up every 3rd or 4th game, with a litany of excuses.

I watched the NE game again when it was on replay and watched him.

I would have benched him at one point or another, he just looked disinterested, and they were doing everything they could have to get him involved. They had him on the left, they moved him to the right, they moved him inside, they stood him up...and he did nothing. Had he played like that last night, he would have been sitting for a few games.

I don't know what was done to get him to play for this game, but it needs to continue. I know, I know, he/they should be self motivating...but if they aren't, you have to go to plan B, whatever that is/was.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                        He played well last night, and it showed what the defense can look like when he decides to play.

The problem is this business of showing up every 3rd or 4th game, with a litany of excuses.

I watched the NE game again when it was on replay and watched him.

I would have benched him at one point or another, he just looked disinterested, and they were doing everything they could have to get him involved. They had him on the left, they moved him to the right, they moved him inside, they stood him up...and he did nothing. Had he played like that last night, he would have been sitting for a few games.

I don't know what was done to get him to play for this game, but it needs to continue. I know, I know, he/they should be self motivating...but if they aren't, you have to go to plan B, whatever that is/was.
                        These are not HS players, the idea that benching is going to work as a motivational tool is a bit ridiculous. Ive never been an advocate of trying to humiliate a player in order to get his attention. The Phins did that last week and got laughed at for it. These are adults with traditionally massive egos, if you think treating them like children is going to work you're going to see an adverse reaction both on and off the field.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          Oh for the love of Christ you're either being intentionally obtuse or just don't understand football in the least bit, which I know you do. This act is ridiculous.
                          He played against Johnathan Martin last night.

Mario should have ***** slapped him all over the field.

he played solid, but in reality he should have dominated.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

I saw him hold his hand on one play. His wrist is clearly not healed yet. Despite that, you have to admit that he's better than what we had before...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Im well aware of who he went up against, you're now changing your eval. Gone from unimpressive to solid now.

You're setting a bar so high that he will never attain it no matter what he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mysticsoto View Post
                              I saw him hold his hand on one play. His wrist is clearly not healed yet. Despite that, you have to admit that he's better than what we had before...
                              This is the best part, Coastal doesn't believe he actually had surgery.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

• cookie G
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                                These are not HS players, the idea that benching is going to work as a motivational tool is a bit ridiculous. Ive never been an advocate of trying to humiliate a player in order to get his attention. The Phins did that last week and got laughed at for it. These are adults with traditionally massive egos, if you think treating them like children is going to work you're going to see an adverse reaction both on and off the field.
                                Bull.

-I would have benched him because he's an ineffective player on the worst defense in the league;
                                -If I'm worried about upsetting someone who is under performing on the worst defense in the league, I'll risk the insurrection;
                                -two of his teammates, Kelsay and Kyle Williams called out several members of the D for playing undisciplined and without effort. I can almost guarantee he was on the unnamed list;
                                -Ask Bill Parcells about whether he worries about hurting someone's feelings. You'll probably get a quote in return that'll make a Coors Light commercial in the future.

"The only players I hurt with my words are the ones who have an inflated opinion of their ability. I can't worry about that."

Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡