• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Mario Williams is "Fools Gold"

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    When did I say that? You shouldn't put words in other peoples mouth's. Self titled smart people don't do that.
    can u explain to me why Chris Kelsay is still on the team?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by coastal View Post
      can u explain to me why Chris Kelsay is still on the team?
      Nope. Why do you think I'm qualified to do that?

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Nope.
        neither can I... haven't been honestly able to for years.

Assuming you agree... Don't you think that has something to do with all of this?

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
          It's like in the business world: In order to lure better talent to an undesirable workplace, a business has to offer more money than its competitors to make it happen. I think it's called a compensating wage differential. Something like that. It doesn't matter.

I still don't believe Mario is God's gift to defensive ends - and probably never will - but in order to attract talent to an undesirable, losing franchise, you have to overpay to get name players.
          you mean like Pittsburgh does?

Oops.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

neither can I... haven't been honestly able to for years.

Assuming you agree... Don't you think that has something to do with all of this?
            All of what? Who is Chris Kelsay taking playing time away from? Who would we have signed that Chris Kelsay's salary is preventing us from signing?

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

you mean like Pittsburgh does?

Oops.
              Pittsburgh doesn't have an infinitely long losing history.

They have more Superbowl rings than any other team in the NFL.

They have a hard time retaining all the talent they draft, making it largely unnecessary to go get big names in free agency.

If you're suggesting we should draft better, well duh, I agree.

But we don't and that's why we haven't made the playoffs in 12 years and that's why we're trying to throw money at the problem.
              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

All of what? Who is Chris Kelsay taking playing time away from? Who would we have signed that Chris Kelsay's salary is preventing us from signing?
                All of what?

The decisions this organization makes.. That's what.

And it's not about who they would pay instead of Kelsay.. It's about the desperate need to sign Mario wouldn't exist if we started making better decisions as a franchise.... And keeping some bag of **** football player like kelsay around takes away opportunities from real football players helping this organization to improve.

But we don't do that and year after year we expect a different result and when we don't get it... The panic button gets pressed and we draft players like Aaron Maybin or spend $100 million on a guy who hasn't produced in 3 years.

Fools gold dude.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                  But we don't and that's why we haven't made the playoffs in 12 years and that's why we're trying to throw money at the problem.
                  and wouldn't u agree that this recipe has proven to be a failure way more often than not in the NFL?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

All of what?

The decisions this organization makes.. That's what.

And it's not about who they would pay instead of Kelsay.. It's about the desperate need to sign Mario wouldn't exist if we started making better decisions as a franchise.... And keeping some bag of **** football player like kelsay around takes away opportunities from real football players helping this organization to improve.

But we don't do that and year after year we expect a different result and when we don't get it... The panic button gets pressed and we draft players like Aaron Maybin or spend $100 million on a guy who hasn't produced in 3 years.

Fools gold dude.
                    You haven't paid attention to basically the only thing I've said on this thread...I only asked how signing Mark Anderson was a better transaction than signing Mario Williams. You preceded to tell me that you're smarter than me without answering my question. I don't give 2 ****s about fools gold.

Comment

• jimmifli
                      • Nov 2006

and wouldn't u agree that this recipe has proven to be a failure way more often than not in the NFL?
                      Everybody that has been paying attention agrees. But drafting badly and not bringing in any good players would be worse.

I think the 49ers (as you pointed out) provide a pretty good blueprint. Buy better players until you start drafting good players and then stop buying players and try to keep as many of your good players as you can afford.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

You haven't paid attention to basically the only thing I've said on this thread...I only asked how signing Mark Anderson was a better transaction than signing Mario Williams. You preceded to tell me that you're smarter than me without answering my question. I don't give 2 ****s about fools gold.
                        Because... Anderson struggled in this league... To the point where he's been released.

And he came back... Worked hard... Learned... And repeated his initial success... And produced last year!

Not to mention... We didn't make him the highest paid player in the history of the franchise.

It was a signing that made sense.

M Williams wasnt sensible. It felt good... But it wasn't sensible... Not. One. Damn. Bit.
                        Last edited by coastal; 09-09-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                          Everybody that has been paying attention agrees. But drafting badly and not bringing in any good players would be worse.

I think the 49ers (as you pointed out) provide a pretty good blueprint. Buy better players until you start drafting good players and then stop buying players and try to keep as many of your good players as you can afford.
                          http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...he-draft-nears

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Because... Anderson struggled in this league... To the point where he's been released.

And he came back... Worked hard... Learned... And repeated his initial success... And produced last year!

Not to mention... We didn't make him the highest paid player in the history of the franchise.

It was a signing that made sense.

M Williams was sensible. It felt good... But it wasn't sensible... Not. One. Damn. Bit.
                            Ok.

So you've made this big stink about Mario's first game. How did Anderson do today?

Why does how much we paid for Mario matter in THIS case? We're still under the cap, Mario isn't preventing any signings.

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Ok.

So you've made this big stink about Mario's first game. How did Anderson do today?

Why does how much we paid for Mario matter in THIS case? We're still under the cap, Mario isn't preventing any signings.
                              One thing Anderson didn't do was whine about getting blocked in his post game presser.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                                Making Spirits Bright
                                • Mar 2006

One thing Anderson didn't do was whine about getting blocked in his post game presser.
                                Who cares what he said in the presser? Do I think he should've *****ed, no. Do I care about what he says off the field, not really...especially in this case.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍